Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woodworking 101 (NOT "workworking"!)

just came back to put a thanks up for this thread seen as they got a new system..

awesome guide. If anyone is planning to take Wooworking further there is a good 1-100 on wiki.ffxiclopedia.org i won't paste it up for copyright reasons.

Take care fellow crafters :p
    Crank dat Soulja boy..

Comment

A good question: Im stuck on 23 at the moment and the guide here shows I should start working on Silver Arrows. This requires some Goldsmithing skill right? Also no one sells Silver Arrowheads in the AH in my server. Is there another way to get to 30 ?

~~~

23-30 Silver Arrows- Earth Crystal, x1 Ash Lumber, x1 Silver Arrowheads, x1 Yagudo Fletchings

Ash Lumber, make it yourself, buy from Guild Shop, or buy from AH
      Silver Arrowheads from AH, prices vary from 3-4k Gil a stack
      Yagudo Fletchings from AH for 300-500 Gil a stack

Sell results at AH, it is your choice whether or not to put them into Quivers

~~~

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
        A good question: Im stuck on 23 at the moment and the guide here shows I should start working on Silver Arrows. This requires some Goldsmithing skill right? Also no one sells Silver Arrowheads in the AH in my server. Is there another way to get to 30 ?
        There are two recipes for Silver Arrows. The one that requires Goldsmithing as a support craft uses silver ingots directly, and is less economical then the recipe which doesn't require a support craft. However, that recipe uses silver arrowheads.

Don't be afraid to level Goldsmithing to help you through this stage of Woodworking. Getting Goldsmithing up to 20 is pretty easy, and can even be profitable. Once you hit 20, you can skill up Goldsmithing by making Silver Arrowheads (just make sure to have image support while doing so).

If you absolutely, positively refuse to touch Goldsmithing right now, then check the following recipes for cost / returns:
        - (26) Uchitake
        - (28) Chestnut Lumber (if you want to buy logs from guild and save lumber for later)
        - (29) Shihei
        - (31) Bookholder
        - (32) Chestnut Wand
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

one thing i found out while lvling WW on my mule is i started synthing arrowwood logs like the guide suggests for about 2 lvls, what i would recomend is possibly going with Luan lumber from 2-8...you will hardly fail at lvl 2 it caps at 7 1/2 possibly... i'm not sure the last skill up i got was at 7.5 and after about another stack of luan logs i didn't get any skill ups. then i tried ash lumber...no skill ups there for 6 stacks. after that i took the ash lumber and synthed ash poles which brought in .1 and .2 skillups quite frequently and you can NPC them for a slight profit. capped WW at 10 last nite doing ....

0-2 Arrow wood lumber <I NPCed this>
          2-7 1/2 Luan Lumber <Used in Luan Shields>
          7 1/2-10 ash poles and ash clubs <NPCed poles for slight profit and desynthed clubs for more ash lumber. got more breaks than wood so a loss there.>

i did take the luan lumber and crafted a few luan shields for a few .2 skill ups.

This is a pretty nice and fast way to lvl 0-10 in an hour if gil provides. Also kinda helped it was windsday... >.>

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Re: Woodworking 101 (NOT &quot;workworking&quot;!)

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
            one thing i found out while lvling WW on my mule is i started synthing arrowwood logs like the guide suggests for about 2 lvls, what i would recomend is possibly going with Luan lumber from 2-8...you will hardly fail at lvl 2 it caps at 7 1/2 possibly... i'm not sure the last skill up i got was at 7.5 and after about another stack of luan logs i didn't get any skill ups. then i tried ash lumber...no skill ups there for 6 stacks. after that i took the ash lumber and synthed ash poles which brought in .1 and .2 skillups quite frequently and you can NPC them for a slight profit. capped WW at 10 last nite doing ....

0-2 Arrow wood lumber <I NPCed this>
            2-7 1/2 Luan Lumber <Used in Luan Shields>
            7 1/2-10 ash poles and ash clubs <NPCed poles for slight profit and desynthed clubs for more ash lumber. got more breaks than wood so a loss there.>

i did take the luan lumber and crafted a few luan shields for a few .2 skill ups.

This is a pretty nice and fast way to lvl 0-10 in an hour if gil provides. Also kinda helped it was windsday... >.>
            I think I just did Ash Log => Ash Lumber from 2 to 8. Ash logs are cheap from the NPC, and the supply is unlimited if you have airship pass. You could try and load up on the logs and then get image support until you hit level 3 or 4. But as cheap as the logs are (and as cheap as wind crystals are these days), it's probably just as well if you sit by the airship dock NPC and crank these out.

Ash Lumber is used in so many different recipes, you should be able to AH these. Given that it's used for making status bolts, stacks of these should sell fairly quickly.

I think I did Bronze Bolts (small loss) for one level after that, and started status bolts (Acid, Sleep, Bloody) at level 9. With advanced image support, it's not a bad way to go.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

great nice guide i will use this my self on ifrit server

Comment

very nice guide i will use this thanks dude

Comment

how do you log?

Comment

Working...
                  X