Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello i want to level bonecraft but im in bestok is it worth making the long journey to windhurst just to join the guild

Re: Location

Once you get a bit farther in the game (rank 5 at least) you'll get the ability to travel more quickly between cities. Also, when you get access to chocobos it makes a huge difference in transport speeds, and regional teleports etc.

You only have to visit the guild every 10 levels to uncap the craft and get a new rank. The new rank tests can be taken between -8 and -0 but you'll be unable to progress past -0 without taking the guild tests (e.g. when you get to skill 8 you can take the text, but will be unable to advance past 10 without taking it).

The reason to level a craft is because you want to, if you feel that it's worth it, then by all means do it. Crafting also helps you more the earlier in the game you do it, so I'ld encourage you to try it out.
    Crafts 520/520+5: Bone 100+3, Leather 60+1, Alchemy 60+1, Others: 60
    Bard: Making 5 people better than 6 one party at a time.
    Beastmaster: It's not a mindless killing machine, it's my friend.

Comment

Ok so i don't need to worry till about level 9 then thats all i needed to know thankyou

Comment

Actually, you can hit 10, then take the test... One down side to skilling up in Bastok vs. Windurst is the inability to get synth support. But at levels 1-10, it shouldn't be a hugh issue since you won't be doing synths with large level gaps....

Another down side may be the availability of bone chips...

Since it sounds like you're just starting off, gil is likely pretty tight... And excavating for bone chip might be the most cost efficient means of getting chips as well as making some extra gil... And tahronghi would be the place for you.

Upside... This may vary from server to server, but on Cerberus I've found that supply of chips tends to be lower in Bastok, but the cheapest of all cities... Perhaps your server is similar^^

Also... I highly recomend levelling woodworking along with Bone... You can do this very easily by taking advantage of you arrowhead stages. It will also result in profit.

This is server dependent, but selling arrowheads was generally a break even proposition, but you can turn a small profit if you take the extra time to synth the arrows...

An example, scorpion arrowheads sell for 7k/stack... While a stack of quivers goes for 100k.... Arrowheads are breakeven... Arrows will put roughly 250k into your pocket!!! So if you want to maximize profits... Skill up your wood along with your bone... You'll be happy you did...

GL on your crafting endeavors.... Its quite the challenge^^... And remember, the more crafting skills you have, the more flexibilty you have to turn a profit as the economy changes...

You may even consider taking up cooking or alchemy before Bone to help build your cash flow and learn how to turn a profit using a craft.... Both of these crafts are much easier to turn a profit at earlier levels...

Since you're in bastok already... Alchemy might be a good place to start to earn some gil... Just something to consider...
        MUJURU of ClanDestine
        65 BST/WHM

BoneCrafting 63
        LeatherCraft 62+1
        Alchemy 51
        Woodworking 49
        Cooking 46
        ClothCraft 4
        Pimiping 100+9

Comment

Actually making a profit has been pretty good so far a stack of seashells is around 2,000 with those i can make 6 shell earings and they go for about 900 each this is why i like bonecraft i have a nice steady income.

Comment

Working...
          X