gettin scorp harness made..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gettin scorp harness made..

so... V claw is 12 million flat on odin server right now, the crafter said if i bring him the mats and give him 300,000G he will craft scorp harness for me.. he then told me, if its HQ he will give me scorpion harness + 5 mil for the +1, or i give him 2 mil and he gives me the +1.. Scorpion harness = 14 mil (save 1.7mil) if it HQ.. i wouldve given him total of 2.3 million (sells for around 33,000,000) is it worth it (had to farm and take loans for the 16 mil i have now)

my question to you all, is it worth it? and what are the best conditions to have this done (least likely to fail synth , ect)

Thank you

Re: gettin scorp harness made..

It is not worth having SH synthed. Did he tell you what will happen if he busts the synth? I've seen a 100+3 boneworker bust SH before (losing the Vclaw)

If you're trying for HQ, then by all means, seek a bonecrafter worth his salt. Why do you need to research all this for that crafter? Find another crafter who's been doing this for a living. A professional will know when and how to get the best results.

If you do insist on getting an SH crafted, my only advice to you is to try and get it to drop from either an HNM or from a BC like KS30 Operation Desert Swarm. This is the only way you can get something like this at an affordable manner.

Comment

On several occassions I've seen a V-claw losts during synths. Buying a v-claw and getting a SH synth isn't worth it. Getting it from a KS run however, and getting a professional to do it like Aeni says is the best way to go. Personally, if I had enough money to get a v-claw, I would just save a little bit more for a SH =).

- Gilsellers O.o -

I have no craft to show off, not yet O.o

Comment

Personally, I have broken three SH synths; two were claws friends of mine purchased, and done before I was 100+3 bone / 60+1 leather. Since then I have turned down all requests to craft harness when a person has purchased the claw. My third break was an LS claw, a drop from sky, and while it sucked to lose the claw, the LS understood and the rest since then have been successes.

If you just want a SH, buy one off the AH or from a bazaar. But if you want to gamble with your money, have one synthed. Aeni's advice is sound. Also, this might be a moot point since the topic is a month old, but this site might be seeing a lot more traffic soon.
        [ 75PLD / 75WAR / 75BLU / 75NIN / 75DNC / 41MNK ] : [100 +3 bonecraft / 60 +1 leathercraft ] : [ LJ: ono-valefor.livejournal.com ]

Comment

My advice is that if you want a SH you ought to just buy a SH. If you want a SH+1 or feel like gambling then it's ussually worth having one synthed. I typically ask for 25% of the profit (or potential profit if it is sold) for commissioned synths. It's not uncommon for people to ask for up to 50% of the profit on commissioned synths (or to do them for free).
          Crafts 520/520+5: Bone 100+3, Leather 60+1, Alchemy 60+1, Others: 60
          Bard: Making 5 people better than 6 one party at a time.
          Beastmaster: It's not a mindless killing machine, it's my friend.

Comment

The SH is Lv.69 syn with leather sub 'Lv.33'
            The best way to syn it is to have you leathercraft leveled to lv.60+1(glove) and use leather Adv.Image Support for +3. And your main Bonecraft should be Lv.100
            That will bring you the both main and sub craft skills for a lv.31+ for SH skill cap which will increase your HQ rate a lot.

The following is just my personal theory from my sh syns.

IMO, SH uses earth crystal and the leather sub is dark crystal base.
            So the best way to HQ sh will be on fullmoon / lightsday,firesday,windsday,lightingsday.

I have had made SH+1 mostly on fullmoon / lightsday because its pretty safe. haven't lost anything for months. But my friend, who also is bonecrafter who really like fullmoon / firesday, which he had HQ SH+1 3 in a row for 3/5.

On my server, SH is about 5.7m and SH+1 is about 11-12m.
            The price is pretty low atm because there are almost always 3-10 v.claw on sale in AH. Also SH+1 is not rare at all and easy to make now. Everyone seems to have one already.... i guess that's why the price keep going down.
            I usually only charge people 50k for syn SH, and if HQ, I charge them 500k. It at their own risk, so if i fail, they lose the v.claw and i don't charge them 50k. But if I HQ, i get paid 500k and they keep the SH+1, even the price went up to 30m one time, i still only charge them 500k.
            Pup 0 Cor 0 Blu 0

Bonecraft 100+3
            Clothcraft 60
            Woodworking 60
            Leathercraft 60+1
            Alchemy 60
            Goldsmithing 47
            Smithing 0
            Cooking 0
            Fishing 4
            å››rz

Comment

Originally posted by Evangels
              The SH is Lv.69 syn with leather sub 'Lv.33'
              its level 35 sub leather

you need 62 leather support+hands
              and bone 98 with key item and body

Comment

Nope, it's 33 leather.

There is a rather long drawn out story about the leathercraft requirement for the SH. It mostly involves 100+3 bonecrafters tricking people into thinking that it was a more difficult and uncommon synth than it really is, and protecting the 94-95 bonecraft synth 11+ HQ tier from growing competition.

It's worth noting that the first batch of people reporting an anomymously high leathercraft sub requirement reported it as 44. Once those people got caught, they changed it to 35. The real answer (from break testing, not HQ rates) is 33.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakiss
                  its level 35 sub leather

you need 62 leather support+hands
                  and bone 98 with key item and body
                  It's debatable from what I have seen on forums. Until someone puts up the money to test the leather level, documents it and gives credible proof, it will remain debatable. A test was done in the past with Haubergeon to determine the clothcraft sub-skill needed for that item. Just need someone (or a group on a server) willing to sacrifice the claw to test it.
                  [ 75PLD / 75WAR / 75BLU / 75NIN / 75DNC / 41MNK ] : [100 +3 bonecraft / 60 +1 leathercraft ] : [ LJ: ono-valefor.livejournal.com ]

Comment

Already done, All attempts to post the result were met with similiar sceptisism and disbelief, and were then sub-defautled.

Anyway, the HQ rates are the same with 100+3/60+1+adv as they are with 98+2/62+2+adv. So either both combinations are in the same tier or there is a particular day/moon combo that makes the 11+ and 31+ tiers act exactly the same.

Comment

The test for SH had been done by the same person that ran the same exact test for the Haubergeon. I know, I was the person that did it.

I only confirmed but do not take credit for the find, that SH leather sub is 33.

I've made 90+ SH in the past month with a 30% HQ rate. My craft lvls were 96+1+support and leather 64. 100 Bone and Leather 60+1+support will put you in the same tier.

The thing to think about is some crafters "do" have something to hide, and rightfully so to protect their investments, especially if they only have invested into one guild. I on the other hand, have a half dozen 95+ crafts where as any market I can make gil. For this reason alone I so freely give out information and have been doing so my whole crafting career, always pushing ahead.

And again my quote "A great crafter fears no competition" will always push me to share my knowledge and/or experiences.
                      Last edited by mikesjustice; 06-26-2006, 04:39 AM.
                      Woodworking 100+3
                      Smithing 100+3
                      Bonecraft 99+1
                      Goldsmithing 100+3
                      Leather 100+1
                      Cloth 82

Comment

i blew up v-claws in the past (watching 5.9M gil go down the drain on a full moon = priceless). I have 100+3 bonecraft/60+1 leathercraft, and the time i had that break I was using adv. img. support in leathercraft. if you want to hq those SH, you're going to be blowing up claws.
                        Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                        Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

i blew up v-claws in the past (watching 5.9M gil go down the drain on a full moon = priceless). I have 100+3 bonecraft/60+1 leathercraft, and the time i had that break I was using adv. img. support in leathercraft. if you want to hq those SH, you're going to be blowing up claws.
                          Tell me about it

I am now 0/11, with 2 lost V. Claws. Well, I'm actually 0/13, but two of those attempts I forgot to get leathercrafting support. One break was on new moon, and one break was on full moon.
                          Lyonheart
                          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

On Alexander, the V. Claw sells for 3.6-3.7 mil, the NQ SH is about 3 mil, the HQ is about 8 mil.

It's starting to go the way of the other 31+ tier synths.

I think a lot of this is the effect of the new level 55 armors (making the SH no longer godly for most of the jobs that coveted it) and the 72 nin/bst/mnk/rdm/.... set from assault.

Comment

Right now, on my server, both D Ingot and V Claws are selling for about 500K to 1 million more than the NQ results. So I reiterate again, especially in these times, that you're better off just buying the god damn NQ and even the HQ if the price is favorable (Gambling on just one synth is nervous enough, but trying to get it after 5 attempts = you're wasting your time and money) Unless you're the crafter, which in any event, go to town synthing HQ for yourself since you're not really going to lose much money (Especially if you can get the VClaws from other methods)

Comment

Working...
                              X