Coral Fragments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coral Fragments

Hi i've had no luck with fishing coral in Onzozo, (or anywhere else for that matter) and i'm wondering if i can get some more details. where in onzozo do you fish? can i get some coordinates? is it possible that because my fishing skill is only 1 that i dont have the stamina to pull them in? can someone give me a good fishing macro to aid me in my quest for fame money and bonecrafting skill. I am a lvl 55 mnk. and am fishing w/ a composite rod and little worms. i have died more times than i care to discuss so i am at this point needing to make this work because i've invested about 50k into this and fully intend to use these to both fund and level my bonecrafting. PLEASE HELP

Comment

1) This thread is over 7 months old. There have been patches affecting what items can be fished up and where. That may be part of the issue. Though, I'm not sure if coral fishing was affected or not.

2) There are no 'macros' for fishing. The only command you use is /fish. Actually pulling in the fish or item is up to you. Anything more automated then that is called a bot, which can get you banned.

3) You are fishing at level 1 in a zone where you can pull up mobs. With an un-levelled fishing skill, you're most likely not proficient enough yet at reading the indicators in order to avoid pulling up a mob. I would recommend reading through the fishing section of the wiki.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Fishing macros? Here you go.

Macro "Fish":
        /fish

Macro "FishAgain":
        /wait 2
        /fish

That's it. You can probably not even use the first fish macro. Just use the FishAgain one. If you start getting "You must wait longer" messages with the FishAgain macro, it means you're hitting one of those fatigue thresholds, and may want to change the 2 to 3 or 4.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Also, wiki lists LoO as 'Extremely Rare' for Coral Fragments. Try SSG or DoR

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

RMTs were botting coral fragments in LoO. Therefore SE 'adjusted' the rate that they're fished up there. They've never been easy to get, but were artificially cheap for a VERY long time (and are becoming artificially cheap again) because of RMT botters.

If you're looking for an alternative to them I think you can get by making dragon masks or other peices of the dragoon JSE armor. If you can find an alchemist that's trying to make cursed gear out of the dragon gear they may pay you (or at least defray your costs) to make them gear.
            Crafts 520/520+5: Bone 100+3, Leather 60+1, Alchemy 60+1, Others: 60
            Bard: Making 5 people better than 6 one party at a time.
            Beastmaster: It's not a mindless killing machine, it's my friend.

Comment

I like to add something to my fishing macro. Whether I am using bait or lures I adjust each time depending on what I am trying to catch.

/equip ranged "minnow"
              /wait 1
              /fish

So if I lost my lure, or ran out of bait it automatically loads up another stack or lure for me and I save time, and can get right back to fishing.

Sig by Eohmer

Comment

Originally posted by Neja View Post
                I like to add something to my fishing macro. Whether I am using bait or lures I adjust each time depending on what I am trying to catch.

/equip ranged "minnow"
                /wait 1
                /fish

So if I lost my lure, or ran out of bait it automatically loads up another stack or lure for me and I save time, and can get right back to fishing.
                Btw, it should be ammo slot. Fishing rods go in the ranged slot. Lures, rigs and bait go in the ammo slot.

I tried that with Insect Paste a long time ago. But I got annoyed at seeing a red error message about not being able to carry out the command (probably had something to do with trying to equip a slot with an item that was considered already equipped, even though it was in that slot).

I suppose you can get around this with...

/equip ammo
                /equip ammo "Minnow"
                /wait 1
                /fish
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
                X