Low level gil-maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low level gil-maker?

Ok guys sorry if this got mentioned anywhere before in this forum, anywho I've just finished with Woodworking to 60 and starting on Smithing, although on my server, the stuff I can make on Woodworking give very small, slow profit.. and I heard you can profit good from Smithing on a low level like 25+ but i fail to see the money makers.. can anyone fill me in, it would help because it would fun me rather than going to woodworking and getting small profit to do my next 5 synths on smithing, meh you get the picture
    Crank dat Soulja boy..

Re: Low level gil-maker?

Ingots?
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I looked into that.. I got told Iron ingots were the first gil maker.

but costing about 40k to make a stack.. and AH price of 40k.. hmmmmmm

whats it like on other servers..?
      Crank dat Soulja boy..

Comment

What I did at low levels was mine Yughott Grotto (sp?). On my server, hardly anyone
        there and you can get a lot of iron ore. 40k a stack is pretty good when all you are
        paying for is the fire crystals and the pick axes. Only thing you use up is time, but
        skillin' up, and making money at the same time is a good thing in my book. You will
        also get some ores that are more rare such as gold and darksteel. (not to mention
        pebbles which are fun to throw at orcs)

Also, while you are at it, you can level up some Goldsmithing a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Davitron3000
          (not to mention
          pebbles which are fun to throw at orcs)
          rofl

yea, good idea i never see anyone in Yughott Grotto on Unicorn and I go there alot (kazham keys for LS and BCNM30s) I might try this.
          Crank dat Soulja boy..

Comment

for any craft to be profitable, if you cant HQ, you better start farming the materials.
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Make a trip to basok and check local bazaars every now and then also. Often you can find lower level players that are mining up iron ore and selling it a bit low to clear their inventory. Ingots, and ingots > sheets were nice moneymakers for me when I did, but that was a couple years ago. Sometimes now, I think you can buy iron/steel ingots from the guild cheaper than the AH. ><

Comment

I noticed that stacks of Bronze ingots sell pretty well in Jeuno. But that might be dependent on which server you are.

Comment

cant you desynth iron/steel ingots from quadav helms?
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni
                    49 smithing
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

mining + crafting = profitable at lower levels
                      Woodworking 100+3
                      Smithing 100+3
                      Bonecraft 99+1
                      Goldsmithing 100+3
                      Leather 100+1
                      Cloth 82

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
                        for any craft to be profitable, if you cant HQ, you better start farming the materials.
                        I've always felt this to be a fallacy. Unless your server has prices that are just horrible, then I don't know about that. But there's generally money to be made in making ingredients for other crafters, such as threads, cloths, ingots, leathers, etc. I can't say much for other crafts like alchemy and cooking, but I made most my money on making cloths.
                        Also, ninja tools are often profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn
                          I noticed that stacks of Bronze ingots sell pretty well in Jeuno. But that might be dependent on which server you are.
                          Yeah same here. I believe about 3-4 months ago they were selling for 30k a stack. I made a bunch of stacks and watched them fly. But in about 5 days they went down to 15k And now they're 8-10k. Fire crystals at that time were 9k a stack too. @.@ But it doesn't take more than 2k to make a stack so 8k of profit isn't too bad(as long as you farm your crystals).
                          37WHM/25BRD/17BLM/16THF/07WAR/05MNK All other Jobs 1.

Gilgamesh Server
                          Rank5

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                            Quadav Helms, unless you can farm them yourself, are expensive on the AH, mostly because it's used for a quest in Bastok.

I'd rather mine and synth my own. I sometimes got lucky and got steel ingot out of the deal, which I hoard up. You can either sell them later in stacks or use it for yourself (If you plan on leveling ninja, a lot of weapons and shurikens use steel ingots in the recipes)

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                              In my experience that is not correct. I have never made an HQ, I have never mined a thing, and I've made about 50-60k so far from my Smithing, which is only level 13. I know that is still small beans for established players, but for a new player like me that is healthy revenue. And considering that many people think leveling a tradeskill is a cost, rather than a profit, I think I'm doing well.

The few times I have tried to mine, I found it to be a distinctly un-profitable activity, when I compared it to how much money I could earn by farming unrelated items and simply selling them, etc.

I think a more accurate statement would be: For any craft to be profitable, you had better learn how to buy things cheaply from NPC's, and become familiar with the quirks of the seperate AH's.

Comment

Working...
                              X