This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blacksmithing!!!

A good place to mine is around Bastok mines or just buying resources from guild shops if you have a good decent amount of gil anywhere above 1k. For pickaxes I think you can also get those at guild shops but they may be a bit pricey and the level too high for you to use yet, I would recommend checking Bastok to see if any of their stores have a good lvl 1 pickaxe that you could probably use and at a low price.

I hope this helps you, post here again to let me know what happens and if you still need help I'll search Bastok or any other place for good prices on pickaxes.

Comment

hi im quite of a noob to final fantasy please could you tell me how to make HQ items please?

Comment

Very occasionally when you synth an item you will notice that the animation for synthing it is slightly different and the result of the synth will be a high quality version of the item. The chances of a high quality item are pretty rare, but the chance of HQ goes up with the amount of levels you are above the cap of the item.

Generally there are 3 tiers:

11 tier (10% chance of HQ), when you are 11 levels above a synth you have a 10% chance of a HQ item.

31 tier (30% chance of HQ), when you are 31 levels above a synth you have a 30% chance of a HQ item.

51 tier (50% chance of HQ), when you are 51 levels above a synth you have a 50% chance of a HQ item.

Basically just synth like normal and if your lucky you will get a HQ and the chances are better if your over the skill cap of the item.

good luck with your HQs!

Comment

does this craft cap at 10 0.o, its just my skill is'nt going up and "smithing" is blue like when a weapon skill is capped?

Comment

every ten skill it will cap. you need to pass the test at the guild to further your skill.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

Those who have signed up for Blacksmithery have blacksmith's hands am I right or am I right beware of females noticing u have blacksmith hands

Comment

want to thank you for the great guide now im lvl 20 smithing...still going on the way ^_^.

Comment

im having a hard time just getting the money to start (craftlvl2)

Comment

great guide i'm currently lv60 in all crafts (goldsmith is my main on this char) blacksmith is 100+3 on my mule. this is a good guide for many ppl
                      The Last and Only Samurai, All Shall Die at My Blade

Comment

Ok, i've started a thread on this in teh frequently asked questions section on this website. I have a question, how the heck do you people find the money to do all this crafting? I just want to know how you guys make money? Do people have any advice for me on making money. And is using pickaxes to mine my own materials worth it? Or should i just go out and buy my materials. Any feedback would be great!
                        Last edited by pacoblah; 01-08-2006, 07:04 PM.
                        I wanna play!!!

Comment

Blacksmithing is fun....im lvl 13 XD but its hard to make money, even with a synth. job....o well

Comment

http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer/crafttimer.html
                            That is a great site to help you optimize your skill ups for whatever you are crafting. If you put truth into directional synthing that is.

Comment

I found this List, and it was written by someone named Bujo on Caitsith. I used this and it was vcery helpful.

===========================================

Finally, a guide for blacksmithing that actually helps you out… I know when I was levelling blacksmithing a lot of it was in the dark, and I had to figure most of it out myself.

First thing to realize is that with the market changing so much lately, beginners such as yourself will have it a lot harder then I did. There isn’t much profit in blacksmithing until later on, a lot of it is simply toughing it out. You can make money doing this though, u just have to be very persistent. I suggest becoming a miner right off the bat. Zeruhn mines, and Palborough mines are the perfect place to start. If you need ore, it is out there trust me! A note to miners, mining gear is great, but keep in mind mining gear does absolutely nothing but increase your chances of obtaining rare ore. If you are not seeking rare ore, then don’t wear it at that time! For example, if you are crafting iron ingots, and are in Zeruhn mines, then do not wear the gear because iron ore is the most common ore.

I am Bujo of Caitsith, and here is my guide to blacksmithing!

Bronze Ingot 0-2

Recipe: Fire à 1 x tin ore, 3 x copper ore

Note: Easily obtain this ore in Zeruhn mines, do not wear mining gear. Keep these ingots, you will need them soon.

Bronze Sheet 2-4

Recipe: Fire à 1 x Bronze Ingot

Note: Keep these, you will need them.

Bronze Scales 4-10

Recipe: Wind à 1 x Bronze Sheet

Note: I suggest paying for support at level 4 for this synth, although it isn’t totally necessary it’s definitely a good thing to have.

Note: At level 8, you can write your test. You MUST write this test in order to proceed passed level 10, otherwise you are capped. This can be said for levels 18, 28, 38, 48, 58, 68, 78, and 88…. Keep that in mind.

Tine Ingot 10-15

Recipe: Fire à Tine Ore x 4

Note: You can mine these very easily in Zeruhn mines, again, do not wear mining gear.

Iron Ingot 15-20

Recipe: Fire à Iron Ore x 4

Note: You can mine these easily in Zeruhn mines.

Iron Sheet 20-22

Recipe: Fire à Iron Ingot x1

Iron Scales 22-26

Recipe: Wind à Iron Sheet x1

Note: This step kinda hurts, cuz iron scales aren’t worth much. Tough it out, and do your mining and its not that bad.

Iron Mask 26-29

Recipe: Earth à Iron Sheet x1, Brass Sheet x1

Note: These don’t sell too quick, if you do this step slowly you can break even, otherwise what I did was just mine all the ore, and sell the masks to an npc.

Steel Sheet 29-36

Recipe: Fire à Steel Ingot x1

Note: Definitely pay for support at the guild here, and you shouldn’t lose too much money on this one. I just bought stacks of steel ingots from AH and made them into sheets, for very minimal loss. If you need money, make it now by mining iron ore and sell iron ingots.

Steel Scales 36-40

Recipe: Wind à Steel Sheet

Note: This kinda hurts, really its toughing your way through. Keep in mind you are SO close to darksteel, which makes money!

Juji Shuriken 40-44

Recipe: Wind à Iron Sheet x1, Steel Ingot x1

Note: If I remember correctly, I did these ones at a steady pace and they sold on AH quite nicely. You will notice that as soon as you go to sell something, it seems EVERYBODY is selling the same thing in large quantity, kinda annoying… at least this was always how it was for me. You should break even, or make a little cash.

Hibari 44-45

Recipe: Fire à Tama Hagane x1, Lizard Skin x1

Note: You can buy Tama Hagane for around 5k in lower jeuno tenshodo, lizard skin can be purchase or farmed. I took this to 45 simply because 8 levels away from darksteel ingots is a little much, especially since they are expensive.

Darksteel Ingot 45-52

Recipe: Fire à Darksteel Ore x1, Iron Ore x3

Note: MILK THESE!!! I would mine them in Gusgen mines, WITH MINING GEAR! You can pull average 3-4 an hour, and its well worth it. If you are doing this, you are now making yourself 150-200k/hour… yah that’s big cash! From 45-47 I would keep your ore and wait until you had paid support.

Darksteel Sheet 52-55

Recipe: Fire à Darksteel Ingot x1

Note: Again, this will make you quite a bit of money. My suggestions is to keep mining the darksteel ore, it is so worth it.

Breastplate 55-58

Recipe: Fire à Iron Sheet x4, Sheep Leather x2

Note: Not a whole lot of money here, id definitely take my time selling them, and keep mining darksteel to pay for the damage.

Nodawa 58-66

Recipe: Earth à Silk Thread x1, Iron Sheet x1

Note: These are the cheapest things after darksteel you will come across, although it is pure loss, its definatley the best thing to craft in my opinion. Definitely get some support from you guild on this one.

Hien 66-70

Recipe: Fire à Lizard Skin x1, Darksteel Ingot x1

Note: Mine the darksteel ore, and sell the hien to an npc. You wont make much here, but you wont lose much either if you are smart.

Darksteel Pick 70-73

Recipe: Fire à Elm Lumber x1, Darksteel Ingot x1

Note: Again, mine your darksteel, and the only loss is the elm lumber. When you sell the picks to an npc, the loss of lumber equals the value of the pick… so its not too bad.

Karimata Arrowheads 73-79

Recipe: Wind à Iron Ingot x1, Tama Hagane x1

Note: I can’t remember if these sell well or not, they are fairly cheap anyway so do what suits u best. Tama Hagane again can be purchased for 5k in lower jeuno.

Darksteel Nodowa 79-83

Recipe: Earth à Darksteel Sheet x1, Silk Thread x1

Note: Mine your ore, you’ll be fine. These do not sell well at all, so sell them to an npc. The other tactic, and it’s what I did, is desynth them… SOMETIMES you get a skill-up, and often you can break them back into darksteel… which u can use again for the synth… so its all good.

Colossal Axe 83-84/5

Recipe: Fire à Steel Ingot x1, Gigas Axe x1

Note: I bought the axes off AH, around 30-40k. I then sold the Colossal axes to npc for around 11k. I lost quite a bit, but its only 1-2 levels so suck it up.

Adaman Ingot 83/84-90

Recipe: Fire à Adaman Ore x3, Iron Ore x1

Note: You can make money off these, I suggest having support while u do this until around level 86/87. Also, if you have been gathering guild points, which I suggest, I suggest wearing them for the first few levels into it.

Adaman Ingot 90-91

Recipe: Fire à Adaman Nugget x6, Adaman Ore x1

Note: This can make you money, buy them singular, seems people selling them in stacks assume we don’t have a calculator on hand, and they are overpriced.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

so thats how u do it!!! thanks man... i was wonderin why some peeps had fire coming from their hans when they werent in battle

Comment

Working...
                                X