X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemes
    replied
    went to mhaura today...on watersday. found out the guild was closed on watersday . waited 40 minutes, ingots sold for 7800 each O_O. anyway, the war picks sell for about 3.9k to the guild, so its not too shabby for leveling up on, i only lose about 4-5k per stack. thanks for the suggestion .
    Hmm, that's quite weird. You probably got real unlucky, and every day of the week ppl were buying them there, which would explain the high price...

But I do remember it's very cheap there... Actually, I think it's 3,500, not 4,500. Definitly not more than 4,500.

Leave a comment:

• riceburner4540
    replied
    i think tin ingots are the cheapest skill ups to 15...unfortunately, they're used for almost nothing and don't sell for much...

Leave a comment:

• Munba
    replied
    I wanted to make a question but the topic starter gone :/

Anyway, the question is simple: i'm at lv12 and i'm crafting Tin Ingot. But the skill goes up very little. Am i wrong? There is another sure recipe for lv12 to go up faster?

Thanks in advance. ^^

Munba

Leave a comment:

• riceburner4540
    replied
    went to mhaura today...on watersday. found out the guild was closed on watersday . waited 40 minutes, ingots sold for 7800 each O_O. anyway, the war picks sell for about 3.9k to the guild, so its not too shabby for leveling up on, i only lose about 4-5k per stack. thanks for the suggestion .

Leave a comment:

• Nemes
    replied
    Buy Steel ingots in Mhaura, at the guild. They're 3,500 a piece there.

As for right now, War Picks are good 'till 37, and you sell them to NPCs.
    ( Fire crystal + Steel ingot + Elm lumber)

Can't remember ow much is sells for.... I think it's for 4,500, but I could be wrong.

I wouldn't advise this without Woodworking below 8 though.

Leave a comment:

• riceburner4540
    replied
    hello, i'm at quite a loss as to what to synth next at 34 smithing. steel is around 50k per stack of ingots, and the last stack of scales that sold in any city sold for 30k maybe 1/2 a week ago. are there any alternative synths to skill up? i'm not looking to power level my smithing. i'm just looking for something affordable, since my smithing was supposed to be supplementary income, but instead, has become quite a large money sink. even at these low levels, i've already suffered roughly 100-150k in losses, which is not good since maintaining a well equipped black mage is fairly expensive.

secondly, since i prefer selling items to an npc and lose more money rather than wait for items to sell at the AH (and potentially saturate it with durables), is there a site out there that lists equipment prices when sold to npcs (rough estimates are fine) so i can plan my skill route further?

Leave a comment:

• hasbean
    replied
    oh noooo

come on you know real life is ugly! stay in game

Leave a comment:

• DrMrLordX
    replied
    Greetings and salutations. I have other, more pressing concerns that prevent me from having any time to play FFXI. It was fun while it lasted.

Props to TheCraft and all the blacksmiths out there.

I'll leave the guide as-is, and if board admin wants to transfer control of my posts in this thread to someone else for future editing, have at it.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonhope
    replied
    You should be able to start making the boltheads at sill 52 technically. But I doubt you'd want to since there'll be a ton of losses. You should probably start at something like 55 or 56. And if you have a buyer or someone who gives you the materials already, you're free to skill up on whatever you want since you already have a set market for it.

Leave a comment:

• kaiserht
    replied
    I have been asked by a LS thread at the possibility to supply him with Darksteel bolt heads, i looked up the recipe and it seems to cap at around 62.

Would this be a viable skill up option ? Also, at what level could i start working on these?

Leave a comment:

• KuroiOokami
    replied
    Yes, that`s what I thought at first, but it would be possible to have the two different crafts on two different characters (which he might have had). Anyway, I still dont believe him because if it takes roughly a million per lvl in the late 80`s, there`s no way he could even get to 95 smithing, let alone 97 or alchemy to 90 as well.

Leave a comment:

• tfung
    replied
    of course he was lying... you can't get 2 crafts to 90+ (on the same character)..

my guess is that the thf you talked to got the hauberk from a friend who quit the game or something... come on, if the guy managed to craft his own hauberk, you would have had to get the damascus from jeuno.. and thus he would be smart enough to sell it in Jeuno instead of shouting for to sell it in bastok (which I assume was what he was doing)

Leave a comment:

• KuroiOokami
    replied
    Ugh... hit 65.8 last night and will start on dark picks after i get 60 wood (want to hq my own elm lumber). After 73... Im lost.. I have no idea what Im going to do, and dont have millions to spend on the craft. Antican pauldron go until 76 smithing, i might try those. Although we all know how awful desynthing skillups are.

On a side note, I came across a lvl 6 thf with no sub in bastok trying to sell a hauberk. I messaged him asking how he came across it, and wanted to know if i would buy it. I asked him how much and he told me 1.5mil. I just checked the jeuno ah that morning and price of hauberk was 1.35mil, so i told him that. I asked him again how he got it and he told me he shouldnt tell me this, but his friend hacked some site and gave him 10mil gil, and he managed to get smithing to 97+ and alchemy to 90+. I told him flat out he was lying, and tfung`s loss seems to prove that i was right, that he was lying. Anyway, what does everyone else think of this?

Leave a comment:

• LiLChunSaNiM
    replied
    my gawd.. spent about 1mil doing kari. arrowheads...
    costing 8k per synth and selling back to npc for 170g x6..
    it only brought me from 73 to 75.6 -_-;
    maybe i should've waited for full moon... did it at 37% ; ;

bah, might as well just do darksteel nodawas now
    since they have about same money lost -_-

since i have both mittens and apron, doing DS nodawas at my lvl doesn't seem that bad.. just gotta go back to windie to get more yellow jars to fill up my mog

i guess i'll have to blow about 2mil more before i can make hauberk... *sigh* i could just buy myself a balmung with the money i'll spend to raising it to 85ish ; ;
    crafting is addiction ; ; /cry

Leave a comment:

• Calladen
    replied
    Could I start sooner with reasonable results? I'm trying to not mess with Iron Sheets because turning a 37k item into a 25k item (Sheets to Scales) is just not a good thing for me right now.

I'd like to start that ASAP, so do you think maybe if I did it with Adv. Imagery and worked on Lightsday I could do it around 25-26?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X