X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemy 1-100, Modern Guide

0-3 Antidote
    Water Crystal + San d'Orian Grape + Wijnruit + Distilled Water

buy the materials from the ronfaure and derfland vendors. These will sell quickly on the AH and the synth is break even.

3-5 Beeswax
    Fire Crystal + 3 Beehive Chips + Distilled Water

Save the Beeswax for later. Farm bees in Giddeus.

5-9 Cornstarch
    Lightning Crystal + 2 Millioncorn

Buy the Millioncorn from the Aragenou regional vendor or Aht Urghan Whitegate. Sell to NPC vendor.

9-12 Poison Dust
    Lightning Crystal + 2 Yellow Globe

Fish the Yellow Globe out of the Qufim Ice Pond.

12-20 Echo Drops
    Water Crystal + Honey + Sage + Distilled Water

Buy the Sage and Distilled Water from the NPC in Southern San d'Oria. Farm the Honey off the bees.

20-24 Silent Oil
    Water Crystal + Slime Oil + 2 Beeswax

Use your own Beeswax. Farm the Slime Oil from Jellies in Kor. Tunnel. Sell on AH.

24-29 Blue Textile Dye
    Water Crystal + Dyer's Woad

Go to Giddeus to harvest Dyer's Woad. Sell to NPC.

29-34 Artifical Lens
    Fire Crystal + 2 Glass Fiber

Desynth Goblin Masks for the Glass Fibers. The Lens don't stack, so ship them to mules for later use.

34-40 Potion
    Water Crystal + Lizard Tail + Sage + Distilled Water

Farm the lizards for the tails. Potions don't stack. Sell to the NPC.

40-41 Prism Powder
    Light Crystal + 2 Glass Fiber + Artifical Lens

Sell the results to the AH.

41-43 Vitriol
    Water Crystal + 2 Treant Bulbs

Farm the saplings that drop the grain seeds to get the bulbs. Save for later synth.

43-45 Acid Bolt Heads
    Wind Crystal + Vitriol + Animal Glue + Bronze Ingot

It takes a smithing skill of 10 or higher for this. Sell on the AH.

45-51 Holy Water
    Light Crystal + Distilled Water

Camp Qufim Island for Light Elementals.

51-53 Holy Bolt Heads
    Wind Crystal + Holy Water + Animal Glue + Bronze Ingot

Sell on AH

53-56 Sleeping Potion
    Water Crystal + Chamoille + Poison Flour + Sleepshroom

Camp the gob shop for the flour. Sell on AH for a profit.

56-61 Glass Fiber
    Fire Crystal + 8 Flint Stones

Rock Eaters in KRT have 100% drop rate on Flint Stones. Bring several stacks of Fire Crystals, and don't forget to convert ores into ingots.

61-69 Hi-Ethers
    Water Crystal + 4 Bat Wing + 2 Dried Majoram + Dryad Root + Distilled Water

Bat Wings should be a common drop from any bat. Farm the roots off trees in East Ronfaure [S]. Sell in Bazaar at the Astral Burn Camp in Kor. Tunnel.

69-72 Paralysis Dust
    Lightning Crystal + 2 Puffballs

Get the puffballs from the trees.

72-81 Bloody Bolt Heads
    Wind Crystal + Beastmen Blood + Revival Tree Root + Bronze Ingot

Farm the revival tree roots from the undead, blood from the Thread Leeches in Pashhow Marshlands. Plan on spending a lot of time farming because you will need these for 9 full levels. Sell on AH.

81-83 Polyflan
    Lightning Crystal + Chimera Blood + Flan Meat

You will probably have to camp the AH for both materials. Sell on AH.

83-87 Holy Leather
    Light Crystal + Holy Water + Ram Leather

You will have to farm rams and make your own leather. Sell to the NPC.

87-93 Icarus Wings
    Wind Crystal + Beeswax x2 + Giant Bird Feather x 6

Farm your own Giant Bird Feathers. Sell on the AH, although they sell better as singles.

93-100 Pro-Ethers
    Water Crystal + Ahriman Wing x2 + Wyvern Wing + Dried Majoram x3 + Distilled Water + Treant Bulb

There are two items that it takes that does not stack. Wyvern Wings are common Campaign Union drops, the Ahriman Wings only drop in Baileys. You're going have to use the Adv. Support in Whitegate and camp the AH, then eat a loss selling it on the AH. Pro-Ethers, however, have a fast turnover on the AH.
    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Re: Alchemy 1-100, Modern Guide

Looks good. I've been working on my alchemy lately and kinda got stuck after silent oils at 24 since the 29 cap recipe isn't really cost efficient. This helps.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Beeswax /cry.

If you can farm the Ice Crystals, wouldn't it be cheaper to make Tsurara 0-6? Then too I guess it would be cost efficient if you want to make silent oil later on.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I got my start on Tsurara. It's easy to make but you end up losing money on it.

Antidotes will at least sell on the AH, but you also have to go back and forth to get the ingredients. I've never bothered to actually calculate chocobo rental into my crafting costs, but I'm sure I'm losing a bit there too.

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
          I've never bothered to actually calculate chocobo rental into my crafting costs, but I'm sure I'm losing a bit there too.
          That's why its good to have a Jeuno mule. Its funny how good antidotes sell especially if you can HQ them. Being able to make them came in real handy when I was trying to learn Venom Shell on BLU.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

I got my start on Tsurara. It's easy to make but you end up losing money on it.
            Tsurara used to always be a profit synth but that was due to the ease with which the materials could be farmed. With less and less levelling ninjas bothering to use anything other than shihei I'd imagine the demand for them has gone through the floor though.

Comment

I didn't even bother trying to stick them on the AH since at the time I was still in Bastok and my friend and I hadn't even made our first trip to Jeuno. You're right though, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a ninja use anything other than shadows and provoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrlie View Post
                Farm the revival tree roots from the undead, blood from the Thread Leeches in Pashhow Marshlands. Plan on spending a lot of time farming because you will need these for 9 full levels.
                Yeah you will definently spend alot of time farming, especially farming revival tree roots in Gusgen. I was in there for almost 3 hours one day and barely got 1 stack, droprate on RTR's is horrible. Droprate on Beastman Blood isn't much better, I spent 6 hours in Pashhow one day and ended up with 3 stacks and a few spares. If you have high woodworking or a woodworking mule, you could synth those into bloody bolts or quivers and make a decent profit. Then too, I only had TH1, I wish I had a THF with TH4.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a ninja use anything other than shadows and provoke.
                So true. I definently only used Kuryami(Spelled Wrong) and Utsusemi when I was leveling. It was kinda sad, but I really didn't have the gil for the extra tools back then.
                {New Sig in the works}
                -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                  With less and less levelling ninjas bothering to use anything other than shihei
                  ToT

... yeah.. I sold my Tsurara pretty quick. I also used the ones I didn't have room for on AH with the one in the cirle afterwards to lvl Ninjutsu up. So easy to lvl that skill when Nin/dnc lol.

Thanks for the guide, though... I haven't decided what I'd like to level for crafting yet. Or if I ever will.
                  FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                  FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                  aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrlie View Post
                    24-29 Blue Textile Dye
                    Water Crystal + Dyer's Woad

Go to Giddeus to harvest Dyer's Woad. Sell to NPC.
                    I'm finding that harvesting stuff isn't worth the time and effort.
                    This slot is better filled with some more Silent Oils since the ingredients are easily accessible even if it's not exactly profitable.

Water Crystal: 2 Beeswax + 1 Olive Oil
                    Olive Oil was going for about 17 gil a piece last time I picked some up in Sandy.
                    You won't get as big a return for your beeswax but it's less of a headache than harvesting Dyer's Woad.

Comment

I find myself looking at Sairui-ran, cooking isn't hard to level as a sub for that. Granted, I took a loss getting it to 6, but it wasn't too much.

Just so you know, I've started levelling Alchemy on a mule (with a few levels, I may develop it as different jobs than my main) and have been on the lookout for profit synths. This is profitable on Midgard, and caps at 28 alchemy and 11 cooking. BTW, I'd consider doing more of the 41-cap Prism Powder synth, since you had Artificial Lenses for a full 5 levels, and if you finish them off early, there are two Vitriol synths you can start early since they'll lead nicely into the bolt heads.

Comment

Working...
                      X