True Alchemy Guide 0-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Alchemy Guide 0-87

This guide is simply how to farm your items and skill up.

0-5
    Beeswax Alchemy (5)
    Fire Crystal + Beehive Chip x3 + Distilled Water x1
    You can farm bees while you level any job, and skilll up while you farm.

5-9
    Cornstarch Alchemy (9)
    Lighting Crystal + Millioncorn x1
    Ingredients are cheap to buy and easy to craft

9-11/12
    Poison Dust Alchemy (11) (12)
    Lightning Crystal + Giant Stinger (11)
    Lightning Crystal + Yellow Globe (12)
    Giant Stingers from bees, globes can be fished or bought, very cheap

11/12-16
    Mercury Alchemy (16)
    Lightning Crystal + Cobalt Jellyfish
    Can be fished or bought, I did both

16-18/21
    Poison Potion Alchemy (18)
    Water Crystal + Poison Dust + Mercury
    Use what you made from previous bridges to make these and then sell stacks on the AH for profit.

Alternate bridge

Glass Fiber Alchemy (21)
    Lighting Crystal + Goblin Mask
    Certain goblins will drop these, just farm gobs and theyll drop these.
    Keep for prism powders later.

21-27
    Blinding Potion Alchemy (27)
    Water Crystal + Sleepshroom x1 + Poison Flour x1 + Crying Mustard x1
    Sleepshrooms are farmed from fungaurs, poison flours are bought from the gob merchant in jueno, and the mustard from the cooking guild.
    Sell stacks on the AH for profit or keep for blind bolt heads, next recipe.

27-31
    Blind Bolt Heads Alchemy (31), Smithing (14)
    Wind Crystal + Animal Glue x1 + Bronze Ingot x1 + Blinding Potion x1
    Animal Glues can be crafted, Bronze Ingots can be bought at the guild for near nothing, and potions can be crafted from previous bridge.

Alternate Bridge

27-34
    Artificial Lens Alchemy (34)
    Fire Crystal + Glass Fiber x2
    Use this recipe in conjunction with prism powders and sell powder stacks on the AH.

31-38
    Bronze Bullet (38) Smithing (13)
    Fire Crystal + Bronze Ingot x1 + Firesand x1
    Bronze Ingots can be bought for near nothing at guild as mentioned before, and firesand can be bought at the guild or crafted

Alternate craft
    31-39
    Firesand Alchemy (39)
    Earth Crystal + Bomb Ash x1 + Yuhtunga Sulfur x1
    Bomb Ash can be farmed off of any bomb, Yuhtunga Sulfur can be farmed off of low-level mandys.

38/39-41/42
    Vitriol Alchemy (42)
    Water Crystal + Treant Bulb x2
    Treant Bulbs are farmed from any sapling type mob. Save for acid bolt heads

Alternate craft

Prism Powder Alchemy (41)
    Light Crystal + Glass Fiber x2 + Artificial Lens
    Use the fibers you crafted from the gob masks and craft the lenses

42-45
    Carbon Fiber (45)
    Lighting Crystal + Bomb Ash x4
    Bomb Ash are farmed from any bomb.

45-51
    Holy Water (51)
    Light Crystal + Distilled Water x1
    Just craft this item from cheap Distilled Water that you buy from merchants.

51-56-57
    Cermet Chunk (56)
    Fire Crystal + Magic Pot Shard x4
    Farm the shards from Magic Pots

Alternate craft
    Ice Arrowheads (57)
    Ice Crystal + Copper Ingot x1 + Cermet Chunk x1
    Copper Ingots are the starter craft for smithing and use the chunks from the above craft to make these.

56/57-61/62

Glass Fiber (61)
    Fire Crystal + Flint Stone x8
    This is the other Glass Fiber recipe. Just make these from random flint stone drops and turn them into prism powders to sell.

Alternate Craft

Venom Dust (61)
    Lightning Crystal + Scorpion Claw x2
    Farm scorps for the claws, most of all of them are 100% drops.

61-68

Venom Potion (68)
    Water Crystal + Venom Dust x1 + Mercury x1
    Use the dust you just crafted with mercuries you can craft till you hit around 68.

68-75

Animas Alchemy (75)
    Associated Crystal + Mercury x1 + Rock Salt x1 + Sulfur x1 + Associated Memory x4
    Rock Salts can be farmed from crabs but are really cheap to not waste your time unless of course you are leveling off of crabs anyways. I found it to be too tedious.
    Worms in Dangruf Wadi drop them but easier to just buy them off the guild.
    Memories can be farmed in the promy areas.

75-83
    Polyflan (83)
    Light Crystal + Chimera Blood x1 + Flan Meat x1
    Flan Meat can be farmed but easier to just buy off of AH per stack. Use profit that you made with potions to buy these and the blood. Its what I did.

83-87
    Holy Leather (87)
    Light Crystal + Ram Leather x1 + Holy Water x1
    Only way I know how to get ram leathers is to find a leathercrafter friend and have him craft them for you, you can farm ram skins from the ones in the highlands or plateau. You can craft the water.

Until I get higher, I wont be able to give much more.

Re: True Alchemy Guide 0-87

And yet no praise for my hard ass work! =/

Ark

Comment

Go die, gilseller. There are better guides in many forms all over the internet.

Start here:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Alchemy
      Last edited by Sabaron; 03-12-2009, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
        Go die, gilseller.

Ark what makes your guide "True" as compaired to the 1-100 and the other guides already on this site and on ffxiclopedia? Some of your recipes aren't gil or material efficient and some don't list all the details. For example, if you do Animas you have to have the Anima Synthesis guild enhancement.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

If you are looking for an Alchemy guide there are plenty of good ones available; as a 100+3 Alchemist, I strongly recommend against using this one.

His low-level choices are bad (and I'm not going to pick out all of the errors)... Tsurara are made from Rock salt and Ice crystals which are both very cheap AND they are actually profitable.

Attempting to fish up enough Cobalt Jellies to make Mercury for skill up would require you to work like a gilseller for hours and hours and hours and hours or have already levelled fishing to the point where you could rig them successfully. (I don't know anything about fishing btw).

Making poison dust would be retarded when you could be making Silencing Potions from the mercury you just made for your previous levels... You can buy Poison Dust from the goblin and Jeuno, synth it and make money without leaving Lower Jeuno because the wonderful thing about Poison Potions is that (a) you can't HQ them so high-level crafters can't shut you out even if you only have 18 skill, (b) everyone uses them to block sleep attacks, (c) the materials are cheap and readily available.

I think the only reason you're having trouble making gil doing alchemy (even low level), is that you're completely oblivious to all business opportunities.

I could walk up to you and ask if you wanted to buy a Hagun for 300,000gil and you'd say {No thanks!} I'm not a Samurai!

I also have to revoke the Gilseller title I gave you since you're obviously not intelligent enough to make money selling gil.
          Last edited by Sabaron; 03-12-2009, 08:23 AM.

Comment

I think his goal here wasn't neccessarily to make gil, its just showing some easier to farm item used in alchemy. This is the guide for people that don't look for the best profit for a synth, but simply use what they find.... its not a very good guide mind you, but that is about all i'm gathering from it.
            "We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devil's plain!" - The D

Ryddia / Nuikoa -- Ragnarok

Comment

Originally posted by meSchnitzel View Post
              I think his goal here wasn't neccessarily to make gil, its just showing some easier to farm item used in alchemy. This is the guide for people that don't look for the best profit for a synth, but simply use what they find.... its not a very good guide mind you, but that is about all i'm gathering from it.
              And like to loose gil, you forgot that, it's a guide to loosing gil. Following this guide is going to put you in the hole by a lot.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by meSchnitzel View Post
                Nah, you have to keep up with his other posts... He was complaining in another thread about how he couldn't make money selling Wax Swords and that the fact that the gilseller crafter population has been decimated by STFU so all the prices are bad and that all he wanted to do in life was make money selling gil instead of having a real job....

To answer the question of gilsales:

If you are an American (or live in any non-communist 1st world country like Canada or in Europe), you can't make a living wage selling gil. Gilsellers in China work horrible shifts (probably 12-16 hours, probably 6-7 days a week) just to be peasants. This is why I had to mention food stamps... because you will need them if you're looking for a career in gilsales. According to the last in-game gilseller tell that I received (which I immediately reported to GM btw), a million gil is going for $39.99 and I can receive a discount by "acting now", iirc....

It takes a good long while to make a million gil. If you're mining, it would take approximately 24 hours or 30 pick stacks to mine up the 3 Khroma ores that you would need. Gil doesn't grow on trees. In order to make McDonalds money ($7.50/hr):

25000gil = $1.00

Minimum Wage = $7.50 * 25000 = 187,500.

You have to make 200k per hour just to get McDonalds money, and that's ifyou are selling the gil yourself for full retail price! Most gilsellers don't get paid anywhere near $1.00/25k. Therefore, if you only get half of it from the gil bank you're selling to (keep in mind I have no idea what gil banks pay for gil), then you have to make 400k per hour...........

400k per hour to be equivalent to a full-time McD's burger flipper at current prices. Remember that if you inflate the economy, then the gilbanks have to sell gil for a lower conversion rate because it takes more money to buy the same thing (which is what you were suggesting we allow in the other thread). I don't expect you to understand the mechanics of inflation, though, so don't bother trying.

Gilselling is not a viable career in a 1st world non-communist country.

Comment

Just as an example of why I don't think much of this guide:

51-56-57
                  Cermet Chunk (56)
                  Fire Crystal + Magic Pot Shard x4
                  Farm the shards from Magic Pots
                  As I recall, the Cermet Chunk caps at 51, 56, and 57 come from making them with doll, magic pot, and golem shards. You've only listed that they come from magic pots.

There is some decent options in there, I used Vitriol myself for example. But for the most part this guide isn't that good.

Plus if you are a lvl 87 alchemist you should already have the next 13 levels mapped out and be able to give your opinion as to what would be good and what you will be doing.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                    Just as an example of why I don't think much of this guide:

As I recall, the Cermet Chunk caps at 51, 56, and 57 come from making them with doll, magic pot, and golem shards. You've only listed that they come from magic pots.

There is some decent options in there, I used Vitriol myself for example. But for the most part this guide isn't that good.

Plus if you are a lvl 87 alchemist you should already have the next 13 levels mapped out and be able to give your opinion as to what would be good and what you will be doing.
                    Oh it's worse then just that.

Alternate craft
                    Ice Arrowheads (57)
                    Ice Crystal + Copper Ingot x1 + Cermet Chunk x1
                    Cost (Kujata): 5,315
                    Profit (NQ): -3,800
                    Profit (HQ3): -2,285
                    You're skilling up so the HQ can pretty much be considered to not happen and they sell like flowing molasses in winter. Spot sampling several servers shows pretty much the same thing.

The only person more clueless then the OP is the person that would follow this guide.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

they sell like flowing molasses in winter

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                        Ice Arrowheads (57)
                        Yes, that was one of my favorites.

Comment

Ice Arrowheads?

Was that for lulz?

I'm not much of a crafter, but I am a RNG, you only buy elemental arrows if you want something better than Scorpion Arrows, Bodkins aren't available and you can't use Demon Arrows yet.

Otherwise, elemental arrows suck. RNGs more than likely wouldn't buy them, thus woodcrafters wouldn't buy Ice Arrowheads to make them.
                          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 03-12-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

This is the way I would possibly go now if I was gonna level alchemy again.

Things to know: Make sure you level smithing to 14ish before trying any of the bolt heads. If you get lucky you can get the bronze ingots from the guild pretty cheap at times.

I would definently not think about doing beeswax for the simple reason that beeswax is a waste of gil and beehive chips unless you can HQ them.

All recipe ingredients aren't listed since this technically isn't a guide. They can all be found here http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca..._Recipes#11-20

Tsurara 0-6 You can farm the ice crystals in Beaucedine Glacier or Xarcabard if you have a high enough job, if not they aren't horribly expensive. Rock salt isn't expensive and neither are the 2 waters you need.

Corn Starch 6-9 I do not remember this recipe back when I was leveling but I must've missed it because I definently would've done it lol. I think I did deodorizers instead. Millioncorn x2 and either farm the lightning crystals or buy them. Lightning Crystals are about the only possible expensive thing in this recipe.

Mercury 9-16 Cobalt Jellyfish x4. I bought the jellies from Bibiki Bay and sometimes if nobody buys them that day, you can get them extremely cheap like 24g each.

Poison Potion 16-18 Reuse the Mercury you made and buy the poison dust from the gobbie in Jeuno.

Echo Drops 18-20 Spellcasters need them so they go pretty good at the AH. Farm the honey and find a friend with high cooking to try to HQ some beehive chips into Honey for the recipe. Either buy the sage from the alchemy guild or the regional merchant.

Blinding Potion 20-26 Crying Mustard from a vendor, farm the sleepshrooms, and buy the Poison Flour from jeuno gobbie.

Blind Bolt Heads 26-31 Ahhh Yes!! Bolt heads.....If only you had a woodworking mule to do something about those :-).

Potion 31-40 Yep I was crazy for doing it, but for some reason I didn't think Prism Powder was a good idea. I'd probably do Prism Powder now though or at least think about it.

Holy Water 40-51 One of my favorite recipes in the game, light crystals could be farmed if the weather is in your favor, but they aren't impossibly expensive like they used to be. And Distilled water....well cheap.

Holy Bolt Heads 51-53 lol might as well.
                            OR
                            Sleeping Potion 51-56 Pretty sure I did this one. Buy Chamomile from vendor, Poison Flour from gobbie, and farm the sleepshrooms in Jugner. (Hold on to those)

Venom Dust 56-60 Well apparently the ogre eels cost 505 each at the guild according to ffxiclopedia, could've sworn they were cheaper than that. (Keep these)

Sleep Bolt Heads 60-65 (67) Bronze ingots from the guild or make your own. Dunno if you know it or not but now you should have almost a 50% HQ rate on Animal Glue so go for it. And you also have the sleep potions left over from earlier.

Venom Potion 65-68 (68) Make or buy some mercury. You'll have your Venom Dust from earlier. (Save These)

Venom Bolt Heads 68~(76) Make the Animal glue, buy the ingots from the guild, use the venom potions. I put the ~ in so you can stop at any time before 76. At around 71 I started Bloody Bolt Heads.

Bloody Bolt Heads 71-81 Either farm the Beastman Blood or buy it (I don't have high TH so it drops rarely for me unless I can get the main farming area.) Buy The revival tree roots. Buy the ingots from the guild.

I stopped at 81 and that's as high as I plan on taking it for now.
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Well normally if you raise your woodworking with this skill, you can make ice arrows to sell, duh

I really wish you would get the hell off of the "wax sword" crap, I was just using that as an old example.

I have 4 skills 60+ so im just going off of my own experience and this guide is not for the dumbass who decides to buy the ingredients but it is for the crafter that farms their ingredients.

I never said I was a gilseller, I said I wanted to be 6-7 years ago when it was worth it, it isnt now, sorry.

As for my last alchemy levels, as soon as I map it out, Ill revise, Im intending on crafting every item in alchemy eventually and need to raise the other crafts to 60 before I can do that.

Oh, and for our dear friend, "Sabaron", please go $%&$* off, dumbass.

Thank you,

Ark

Comment

Working...
                              X