How much Gil 0-100 alchemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much Gil 0-100 alchemy

How many gil do you need to level alchemy up to like 0-100 im new to this game been playing 31 days :D fun game

Re: How much Gil 0-100 alchemy

A lot.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Look at it this way:

Take all the gil you've had in your possession the past 31 days and multiply that by (random() * ceiling(pi^3)). Now add about 1 million. Then multiply by 2.

Don't quit your day farming kid. You got a long way to go.
      Last edited by Ameroth; 06-23-2008, 06:13 PM.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
      ------
      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Your question has no answer.

Comment

Try goldsmithing instead. You'll get to 100 a lot faster.
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
            Try goldsmithing instead. You'll get to 100 a lot faster.
            orz

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

oh oki doki but which is more profit and save less easy to level up?? i only got 80,721 gil

Comment

It really depends on what you like to do. All crafts can be cheaper or more expensive depending on what you do and how much time you are willing to spend gathering materials.

You'll have to learn a lot about how that works by yourself regardless of all the crafting guides out there.

A good (albeit slow) option for new players is the good old fishing+cooking career, there's good gil to be made there with very little investment (other than time) if you have the patience required for it (I certainly don't). Check out the guides here and in FFXIclopedia for more info.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Huey28 View Post
                  oh oki doki but which is more profit and save less easy to level up?? i only got 80,721 gil

Sounds like you've got yourself quite the winning method if you've made that much money in just your 1st month of playing.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

How did you make that much money in one month lol? Thats awesome.

Comment

I've found the 1st 20 or 25 levels of lots of jobs to be extremely easy on my wallet, and in 2 situations where I was completely resulted in me solo'ing a job to 15, and then just XP'ing for a bit longer. The equips for most jobs that level are so cheap, and many of them are the same between jobs- it's really easy to make some startup money that way. Truth be told, if you're soloing bees and the like until level 15 or so you'll make a good deal of cash from crystals, chips, honey, even wings. Another great one at that level is grain seeds, and I hear for windurst residents that silk threads are easy money as well.

Personally I would go alchemy- it seems its much more common subcraft, and I think the big money in goldsmithing only comes if you can HQ rings. Alchemy deals with a lot of consumables though, so you could level up necessary crafts to make bullets, for example, which sell for tons of cash on the AH.
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Comment

I spent 68,943 gil before I stopped keeping track. My Alchemy is only 12, by the way.
                        Daos Soulstaff
                        Hume WHM 21, BLM 20
                        Alchemy 12.6, Fishing 0.1
                        Bastok Rank 2
                        (Cerberus)

"Humanity spends way too much time making sure everyone's opinion is heard instead of making sure their opinion is worth hearing." - [GM]Dave

Comment

I basically broke even taking Alchemy to 41 (Prism Powder) over a few weeks, but then I looked for "good" synths (using cheap or easily farmed materials, and that make consumables or stuff to use for more synths), I farmed many of my materials (so technically I paid for it with time rather than gil, but I did have fun farming), and most important, I didn't spam the auction house with seven of the same item and an undercut price.

I have no idea what I used to level from 41 to 51 (I know I did some Holy Water when I could afford the light crystals), but after that I did flint stones from time to time over 2-3 months to get to 60. With the right synths and advanced support, you can start 10 levels below a cap.

As for getting to 100, after 60 is where things will certainly get expensive in any craft. The particular problems are smithing and goldsmithing, but the higher you get, the more you will need rare materials so that you can get your skill up so that you can get more HQ on consumables synths.
                          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Op,

We need more information:

1. What's your highest lvl job?
                            2. Can you sub /THF lvl 15? (aka, 30War/15Thf)
                            3. If you have this, you can somewhat Reliably farm Korroloka Tunnel for Alchemy Ingrediants. A lvl 40+ job would be Ideal though.
                            4. do you have some extra characters to use for storage space?
                            5. Have you ever dove through the air while firing two pistols at the same time?
                            6. Do you have a schedule of activities you work on, I.E, 1hr of farming, 1 1/2 hrs of crafting, 2-3 hrs of Exp'ing, etc.
                            7. How often do you poop?

given the above information, we might be able to get you a final total ammount.

right now your looking at 983,506G to get to lvl 73

Comment

This thread is 6 months old.

Comment

Working...
                              X