Alchemy 70-80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemy 70-80

Venom Bolt heads just aren't going to work out, so I'm trying to find some other route to level Alchemy from 70-80.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Re: Alchemy 70-80

You can make paralysis dust to lvl 72, fish up your own three-eyed fish in Qufim to make it. Only need lightening crystal to do that synth. Then you can use the paralysis dust to make paralyze potions to 78. And if you get bored of that, you can make some animas (dark, light, etc....) to 75.

Sig by Eohmer

Comment

I did:

Spartan Bullet (71)
      Halcyon Rod (76)
      X-Potion (77)
      Bloody Bolts (81)

X-Potions sell fast. I only made one 12-stack bullet pouch of Spartans and a handful of fishing rods, but I made tons of X-Potions and Bloody Bolts. You just need a lot of space for the potions. I was lucky enough to have a DRG friend who bought somewhere around 30-50 of the potions I made. X-Potion sells 14/day though, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

You can also make a stack of Paralyze Potions. I don't bother with the fish--I just buy the dust from the goblin. Save a stack or two for Stun weapons from 80-91. The Mamushito is used by practically every NIN that breathes, but you'll probably sell them at a loss...Only the HQ is worth anything and even then it's not worth enough to make up for the 10% rate. The Kukri market on Asura was also killed by someone selling them for 10k--bearing in mind you can get 9.8k for them selling to merchant, but people are stupid.

When I did 80-90, the item fishbot army was in full effect, and I couldn't keep Composite fishing rods in stock--their fishbot AH mule would buy all 7 rods at once rather frequently and I had competition. Fishbots used to go through a lot of rods, but I'm not sure about now.
      Last edited by Sabaron; 04-17-2007, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
        I did:

Spartan Bullet (71)
        Halcyon Rod (76)
        X-Potion (77)
        Bloody Bolts (81)

X-Potions sell fast. I only made one 12-stack bullet pouch of Spartans and a handful of fishing rods, but I made tons of X-Potions and Bloody Bolts. You just need a lot of space for the potions. I was lucky enough to have a DRG friend who bought somewhere around 30-50 of the potions I made. X-Potion sells 14/day though, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

You can also make a stack of Paralyze Potions. I don't bother with the fish--I just buy the dust from the goblin. Save a stack or two for Stun weapons from 80-91. The Mamushito is used by practically every NIN that breathes, but you'll probably sell them at a loss...Only the HQ is worth anything and even then it's not worth enough to make up for the 10% rate. The Kukri market on Asura was also killed by someone selling them for 10k--bearing in mind you can get 9.8k for them selling to merchant, but people are stupid.

When I did 80-90, the item fishbot army was in full effect, and I couldn't keep Composite fishing rods in stock--their fishbot AH mule would buy all 7 rods at once rather frequently and I had competition. Fishbots used to go through a lot of rods, but I'm not sure about now.
        This is very good advice but let me add something.

If you are lvl 70 you can just skip straight to X-potons which are great lvling cuz you get your gil back mostly. You can get some advanced synthesis from you guild which will add 3 lvls to your synth putting you in range of good skill ups. So you can go 70-77 on X-potions that way without having to make annoying spartan bullets or gil dumping halycon rods. Bloody bolt heads are a great skill up aswell from lvl 75 up.

Guild advanced synthesis is your best friend if you are lvling up skill. Also regular synthesis support adds 1 lvl and its free.
        Apothecary Owner
        Mithra
        BLM 75
        RDM 75

Comment

Gonna have to agree with what was posted above, though on my server : Kujata the only item that you will have a chance at making money back from the synth would be X pots, easy/ cheap to make, great if you have mules to unload the pots on the ah, not so great as they dont stack and it can be temtping to npc them out of impataince.

Spartan bullets were pure loss for me, I couldnt even give them away >.<, as reguards to bloody bolts, they *can* be rather profitable, assuming you can come by the blood cheaply (the three cities sell blood cheaper then jueno i belive).

That and you will need to be able to HQ them (Been awhile since i played, dont remember the teirs so well.) Smithing sub if i remember correctly so you would need to be tier II to make a profit on these.

Halcyon rods can sell for a nice mark up, but way to slow for my taste.

*This was what i did for 70-80 myself around 6(?) months ago, prices an profits may have changed so use at your own risk*

-Knightfell
          Kujata server
          alchy 100+3 /w subs
          35 blm 17 whm 20 sum 3 rdm ><;

Comment

Polyflan is another option you can use.

Polyflan: Lightning Crystal + Chimera Blood + Flan Meat

I just bought the items per stack then sold them for 4k per stack on Unicorn.

Comment

Venom Bolt heads? wtf?

Pretty sure everyone makes Bloody to 80 as they sell extremely well.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                Venom Bolt heads? wtf?

Pretty sure everyone makes Bloody to 80 as they sell extremely well.
                I did bloody bolt heads from 70-81 and used my Woodworking to HQ some bolts. I didn't really believe in it myself, but I even grabbed a NQ Elemental Staff + Advanced Synth Support to help with the process.
                {New Sig in the works}
                -----------------------
                "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                Originally posted by Solymir
                What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

God damnit people - 04-16-2007 the thread is almost 2 years old.

And venom bolt heads because I generally don't like starting to craft something 10 levels below cap. 2 years ago, I had leveled by jumping from bolt to bolt.

Once again, 2 years ago. I can't stress this enough.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                    God damnit people - 04-16-2007 the thread is almost 2 years old.

And venom bolt heads because I generally don't like starting to craft something 10 levels below cap. 2 years ago, I had leveled by jumping from bolt to bolt.

Once again, 2 years ago. I can't stress this enough.
                    Yep, I noticed just kept it to myself. but I was agreeing with Mal's statement over Ark's.
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------
                    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                    Originally posted by Solymir
                    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Sorry, I just registered today! lol

Im just a master crafter that knows my stuff

Ark

Comment

Epic necro lmao
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...