Alchemy key item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemy key item

Which one would you first take? I havent accumulated a lot but Im just wondering which one would be useful or profitable to take.

Re: Alchemy key item

When I went through getting my alchemy items which I have all of, concoction and tirturation did not exist. My first item was ensorcellment, I got it because I wanted to make vulcan blades and simialar items. I though those items were so cool, I also got the anima synthesis item right after that so I could make them nearly from scratch. It was fun but those items you make from those key items are usable for short spurts of lvl each and hardly sell. Purification was my next key item that slowly made me some gil every now and then. It can be fun to bust out a personalized alchemy enchanted item when your lvl matches the weapon and then start firing it up for what its worth.

If then was now I would first get the concoction ability. If you are not a high enouph lvl where you can make potions or hi-potions then when you lvl through those crafts you will profit because of concoction. Tirturation is best gotten when you are ready to start HQing beeswax. With tirturation you can synth beeswax 2 times the ussual speed so making gil gets that much faster. My first key item now would have to be concoction, after that the caduceus would have to be next.
    sigpic

Comment

Ensorcellment and Purification are of limited use. No one (at least on Asura) ever buys the products made with them due to expense and utility issues. Concoction is a great tool--it gives you access to 3 very nice products, Potion Drops, Hi-Potion Drops and Hi-Ether Drops. Regular Ether Drops are useless. I no longer make any of these products for sale because the markets for them on Asura have become unpalatable at best. These products on Asura are a niche market and likely to be so elsewhere as well. Anima Synthesis is a great tool as well. Anima on Asura can be sold both individually and stacked 99 for profit depending upon the color. Some Animas (Fire) are useless while others (Lightning) are in very high demand.

I would like to see more Hallowed Swords and similar products used for Enlight, but I don't see it happening. The coolest thing about the En- blades is that you can use them and then switch weapons. Making large numbers of the weaker En- blades, such as the Muting Dagger (Ensilence) which can be sold at a palatable cost to the user, could be profitable with the right market. The Enspells are quite useful, especially Ensilence and Decreases Defense (Acid) weapons. The elemental En- weapons are only useful for non-red mages as a standard enspell will generally produce better results with the possible exception of Enlight which is not available anywhere else.

Check your product markets and see if there is an established clientele for these products. If there isn't you might have to do some advertising in Lower Jeuno. Take what is profitable or what you can make profitable. I wouldn't advise inserting yourself into a dead market. If you can't find a good market for any of these products, don't bother. Save your guild points for the Caduceus, Lab Coat, and Emeralda.

Comment

If I get concoction, i will lose the ability to make common items that dont give out the 'Medicated Status' right?

Comment

No, it adds new products, it does not remove them. Concoction uses Fire crystals instead of Water crystals to make the switch.

Comment

Working...
          X