Desynthesis - Am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desynthesis - Am I missing something?

I'm at level 89+1 and I always buy masks for desynthing into glass fibers. I have 7 tarutaru stools in my MH. It seems, however, that I break around 60% of the crystals and lose about 50% of the masks. When I desynth I face SW, which is the high success position for lightning crystals. The level cap for the recipe is 21. Now, you would think at 68 levels above the cap I would be killing this desynth but I'm not. Am I missing something? Do I need to buy 19 more tarutaru stools to put me into the 2nd tier of elemental strength within my MH? I've tried different element days and moon phases with no noticeable differences.
    sigpic

Re: Desynthesis - Am I missing something?

Desynthesis is terribly random. I just assume a 50% break rate and calculate the maximum amount I will pay for a particular item based on this rate. I won't spend more than 3-4k on a goblin mask.

Comment

LOL, I've set the same limit on gobbie masks. Moblin masks tend to run 4-5k; I try not to buy those at 5k.
      sigpic

Comment

Try facing south, that is the stone direction. You will get more HQs that way while your lvl will make your breaks harldy lesser. Also you should know that the lightning energy in your moghouse does not help your desynthing unless your moghouse enhancement is set to Desynth and your energy is flowing atleast at the 2nd lvl, which would be at 50 energy or over.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Supersimian, yeah I'm thinking I need to buy the 19 more tarutaru stools to push the elemental energy in my MH to the 2nd tier. I just wish the elemental strength of the stools was more than 2. Because of that, there's no other furniture peice I can use to boost the MH elemental energy without losing the Desynthesis Moghancement.
          sigpic

Comment

i think so

Comment

These items here at somepage give mog enhancement desyhth click one ach of teh linsk to get level how to et or craft etc.

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6391

Comment

I mine my Moblin masks. Can come out with about 6 in an hour if I'm lucky and I kill bugbears for kopparnickel ore and get bugbear masks.

I've desynthed am million and one Goblin and Moblin masks, and my success has went up a bit after I passed 60, but the lose rate is still horrible.

Best days I saw were on a watersday at a new moon.
                Standablaze
                Server: Ramuh
                Jobs: Dark Knight, Red Mage
                Level: Not stated, because I can't be bothered updating 5 signatures when I level. Lets say mid levels.

英語ができますか

Comment

Working...
                X