Analyzing Recipes for 80-88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Analyzing Recipes for 80-88

I just noticed your other crafting lvls, sabaron and I guess you don't have other crafts to support your alchemy lvling in term of gil so you have to solely depend on your alchemy. For me, I have fishing 97 which is/was reliable on making some gils and can support my alchemy lvling reliably. I lvled alchemy through potions route, paralyze, venom, poison, ether, hi pots and using any recipes that involves fish.

So for me, Mamushito is really cheap to make and just cost my time basically and crystals.

Paralyze potions: Paralyze Dust + Mercury
    2xParalyze Dust = Lightning + Three eyed fish (which I can fish them easily in qufim)
    Mercury = Lightning + 4xCobalt Jellyfish (100 gil each) (which I can buy them from guild)

Animal Glue: 2xBone Chip 1xrabbit hide 1xdistilled water + fire
    Buy all from AH and HQ them easily to further decrease my cost

Shinobi Gatana: 2000-3000 gil from Norg Vendor. I never buy if it's 4000+ gil.

It's a slow path as I have to gather all the ingredients first. I sell all mamushitos for 1.1k each to vendor. It's a lost for sure but it's very minimal for me ^^

Good INfo on infinity cores btw ^^b

Comment

My Smithing skill is up to 25 now, so I can make Jamadhars with assistance. It'll be 30 shortly. As for supporting skills, all that is needed to support alchemy is:

Smithing: Boltheads, some bullets, arrowheads, some weapons
      Got it recently: I can make all of the different bullets at present with the except. Not enough for Cutlass--no one makes 'em, no one buys 'em.
      Goldsmithing: Lures (garbage) and bullets
      Can make Silver Bullets, not enough for Hanger but no one uses Hanger anyway (at least not on Asura)
      Bonecraft: Cermet/Stun Claws (latter is useless), some arrowheads
      Don't have it... Maybe later, but I'm not particularly interested in most of the synths
      Woodworking: Shihei, Bolts, some idiotic fireworks that no one buys.
      Enough for bolts and Shihei. I'm not wasting money making Airbornes... I only make Shihei for myself. I plan to do Wood-60 for Garden Bangles, but I'm in no rush as there are never any Korringan Buds on anyway and they sell at 300k each which is approximately the price of the Bangles themselves--thus farmed product is the only way to go.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what else do I need? There are plenty of recipes in Alchemy, and I've almost always got a nice stable influx of profit. The other crafts require heavy tuition (with the exception of fishing, but see below). Eventually, I'll do Cooking 60 for Yagudo and Mulsum. I have found Alchemy to be my favorite craft overall because most things stack and most are also consumable. SE has designed the crafting system in such a way as to generate hideous, hideous, amounts of product and consumability is the only good way to move it. If 4 people level up smithing on Aspis, how many Aspis will be on the market? How many can in handle in circulation? At least goldsmithing has different stones of the same level.... If you don't HQ though, it's junk and no one will ever buy it...might as well bust out a Lightning crystal or stick it in the Guild inventory. I don't like tuition.

I hate fishing. Tried it--boring. Fish prices make it unappealing as well. Medicines and consumables are great products. Fish are marginal. In fact, the only fish I ever actually buy are Ink fish (whichever's cheapest) for Shihei and Cobalt Jellies which anyone with a fishing rod and time to kill can catch.

I've never tried to sell a Mamushito to a vendor... I didn't know they paid so well... I suppose that'd be the way to go. I don't like farming ingredients--it's awfully time consuming. To get 1 point of skill you need 3-4 stacks of reagents. How long does it take to fish up 36 Three-eyed fish--and as a secondary question... How much money could you have made/sold synthing various alchemy products during that time? With your profits from said sales, how much paralysis dust could you buy? Even if your stuff doesn't sell instantly, you have to remember that instead of fishing all that time you could be questing/levelling while you wait for your money to roll in so you can spend it on skill-ups and if you've picked a good synth, you should get back more money from your skillups than you spent--thus speeding up your skillups especially if you're still making money on the items you usually run.

On Asura, there are only ever the minimum number of Cobalt Jellies at the Guild (6) or 12 (I think) on Darksday. They are generally sold out at just after 8. I buy them from AH @ 5k/stack (416ea).

Double Post Edited:
      Add:

I really don't know why I don't like fishing... maybe because there aren't any recipes and half the time you don't get anything good. It takes longer to fish a fish than to synth something, and the primary use for fish is food that I don't eat and can't make. In the time it would take me to fish up a stack of cobalt jellies, I could've bought 12 stacks of them and made a ton of mercury, taking in orders of magnitude more profit than I could ever hope to get either selling or processing the fish... I usually don't do any recipe that has a low work/profit ratio. A 30-second synth generally nets me at least 5k whereas I'd have to fish up some weird rare fish or 10 crappy fish taking a good deal longer.
      Last edited by Sabaron; 08-10-2006, 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I started making espadons this weekend, and I'm very pleased with the synth. Thanks for the recommendation Sabaron. I crafted 9 and got 0.4 skillup points, which is pretty good. I put 4 of them up for sale (2 at a time) and all 4 have sold for 10k each. It will be a little slow getting from 87-90 because of magic pot shard availability, but I've been buying masks and desynthing them for the fibers and selling prism powders to buy my shards. I still have a butt-load of venom potions, venom bolt heads, paralyze potions and holy leather I could sell/NPC to buy more shards. In truth though I could use the slower pace. After taking a couple months off once I hit 60, I've been grinding for the past 2 weeks. I need to get my WHM up to 75.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X