This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemy Guild Points

Is there a master list anywhere of which items are offered for Guild Point turn-in? The options differ depending on crafting skill level, don't they?

Has anyone analyzed the Gil vs GP vs GP/day ratios to see what's most effective? Would it ever make sense to stall at a lower level because the GP options are better?

I've checked somepage and ffrecipe.com, but I might be completely missing it. I'd appreciate any links or hints that might help me map

Thanks!
    --e

Re: Alchemy Guild Points

salvation is at hand:
    http://www.titanictus.com/tools/guild/

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

That certainly addresses part of my question!
      Thanks a lot, pretty cool. I can do the legwork from there if I have to, but if others have tables and spreadsheets already set up...

I know, I'm a geek.

Comment

That site is invaluable.

My experience with cooking is that post-60 you start seeing some "land mines" of GP items that are either really expensive for the GP they give or just really difficult to obtain the ingredients for, but they aren't really commonplace until you get to Adept rank items. Higher level items are generally much less efficient in terms of gil:guild ratio, but they do offer a higher cap on the max GP you can get in a day. So if you want to get GP as fast as possible then get your rank up. If you want GP as cheap as possible I guess you might consider keeping your rank low for a while.

At worst, though, raising your rank only takes a day out of your week. Your rank doesn't represent the level of item you will be asked to turn in every day, just the highest level of item you will ever be asked for. The guild cycles through ranks from Amateur to whatever your rank is and then resets. So in a given earth week a Novice crafter might be asked for items of these ranks:[code] Monday |Tuesday |Wednesday |Thursday |Friday |Saturday |Sunday
        Amateur |Recruit |Initiate |Novice |Amateur |Recruit |Initiate[/code]whereas a Craftsman would see[code] Monday |Tuesday |Wednesday |Thursday |Friday |Saturday |Sunday
        Amateur |Recruit |Initiate |Novice |Apprentice |Journeyman |Craftsman[/code]These are only examples. Monday isn't always synced up across ranks, though sometimes that pattern does come up. Even if all the Craftsman level items were deemed too expensive to be worthwhile, you still have 6 reasonable days a week to accumulate points. I suppose how much of a difference this makes depends on how fast your guild ramps in cost as your skill levels go up.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Ooh, great info. Is there a set group of recipes for each rank, or does it randomly choose from all the available recipes within the rank range?

Also, anyone familiar enough with alchemy specifically to tell me a little bit about how cost increase correlates with rank increase?

Y'all rock, thanks for the help!

Comment

There is a specific group of recipes in each rank that is picked from at random. At least it seems random to me. I don't think there's a good listing of them anywhere, but you can page through your guilds listings at www2.ffrecipe.com rank by rank to see which ones can be GP items.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

that's EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Thank you so much. Now all I have to do is cost it out \^_^/

Comment

Working...
              X