Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alchemy Money Makers

http://ffxi.somepage.com/recipedb/alchemy-synth-1.php

Potions specifically, at 40th level. I recommend everyone get at least 40 Alchemy just for potions. They are 50hp, help tanks hold hate, take heat off of the healer(s), and 12 of them (600hp) can be carried in 4 slots--It's like having a WHM in your inventory:

12xWater Crystal
    12xLizard Tail
    12xSage
    12xDistilled Water

They are not useful for making money. Lower level (60-) money makers are:

Hi-Potion Drop x 12 (Concoction)
    Poison Potion
    Beeswax (Trituration)
    Silent Oil [EDIT: Removed (Trituration), Silent Oil cannot be Triturated]
    Prism Powder
    Various Bolt Heads
    and many more...
    Last edited by Sabaron; 07-23-2006, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron
      Beeswax (Trituration)
      Silent Oil (Trituration)
      Is the Trituration really worth it? It doesn't seem like it does anything except save on Distilled water.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

You also save a crystal and time. A fire crystal (on Asura) is 416gil. So on a 3x synth, you save 832gil/synth. On a water synth, it's not really all that important. You don't really need trit for anything, (I don't have it, actually--saving up for Emeralda), but many Alchemists use it just so it takes 1/3 to 1/2 the time.

Time is money, after all.

Since you're saving money every time you do a synth, say you do 10 crystal-stacks of Beeswax per month. That's 120 crystals saving 832gil per crystal = 99,840gil and 2 hours of crafting time per month. [Forgot about the distilled water] Water savings @ 20gil per synth (2 vials) => 120 * 20 = 2,400gil + 99,840gil = 102,240gil.

I think you'll end up paying for trit in a month if you actually use it. If you make any triturable items, don't buy it of course.

You can also look at it conversely; instead of buying 3 stacks of crystals to make say, 4.5 stacks of wax, you now only need 1 (@ 50% HQ, or 56 or higher Alchemy skill).

Or in the greater economic scope: since you are consuming 1/2 to 1/3 as many crystals, the more people using Trit, the more crystals will remain on the market thus lowering the price of crystals. This, of course, leads to lower crystal prices and thusly more interest in purchasing crystals and then more product (of various sorts) on the market and lower priced products for all (including you).

Also:

Trituration of Prism Powder saves a light crystal, but also locks out HQ. You'd have to weigh your HQ rate against the crystal price to determine market viability.

If you are making bolt heads, you know what a pain in the behind making all that glue is... (don't get me started on glue), and you have to make at least 17 glue just for 1 stack of heads.

Trituration works with the following products

Originally posted by Somepage

You will also note that I made a mistake: You can't triturate Silent Oil.
        Last edited by Sabaron; 07-23-2006, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I suppose this only applies to ppl on Valfore but Silent oils, Glass fiber, beeswax & well the instant cash is holy water, it will cost me 12 gil p/holy water & I can sell it to a NPC for 358 or try to throw a stack in teh AH for curretnly 8, thuo price might have fallen since I last checked it..This is instant turn over no need to sit on stock.. just need to farm light crystals, FTW

Comment

Meh. Any common recipe that requires farming is usually long time for short money. Selling Holy Water to NPC while making it with farmed Light Clusters is, in my opinion, extraordarily wasteful. On Asura, I can get 10,000 to 15,000gil for a Light Cluster. Assuming 50% HQ Rate on the Holy Waters, you're getting 6,324gil per Light Cluster (cost of Water included). How much are Light Clusters worth? For that matter, how much are Holy Bolt Heads worth?

Comment

Light clusters on Ramuh have dropped to about 4k and holy water still sells for about 10k (slowly dropping as people catch on).. Its much more worth while to AH them, yup.

Holy bolt heads, I'm not sure. I had a mate with WW at 60 so we put our heads toghether. I made holy bolt heads, he bolted them and sold stacks of quivers and we split the cash, it made some alright money but it wasnt worth the effort of two people, and splitting the cash really brings it down. Eventually the market for them crashed by 20k (oops..).

Prism powders have now crashed on Ramuh too, its actually more worthwhile to sell the glass fibres now if the time is right. Sometimes you can fetch 33k for glass fibre, and only 20k for prism powders. When taking into account the price of crystals, it works out the same. Less effort for glass fibres.

I've went back to farming. I'm slowly leveling smithing by mining my iron ore (i refuse to pay 2000g a go at the smithing guild on bad days), so I can make bullets, and I'll probably level other crafts for a bit.

Alchemys most reliable money maker for a lvl50-60ish is crashing big time on Ramuh.
              Standablaze
              Server: Ramuh
              Jobs: Dark Knight, Red Mage
              Level: Not stated, because I can't be bothered updating 5 signatures when I level. Lets say mid levels.

英語ができますか

Comment

Working...
              X