Crafting Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafting Recommendation?

I have never really dipped into crafting at all. I have made a few pieces of food with cooking for the benefits when my character was a lower level. I don't have a particularly favorite class right now nor do I know what I want to be end game other than a DPS. Is there a good Jack-of-all-Trades craft, one that all classes can benefit from, so I won't be impacted much or regret my decision later when I swap classes? I hear cooking is good for BST for the pet food. Is this like other MMOs and Cooking has decent buff food for the player as well?
    My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
    Red Mage-55
    Dark Knight-55

Re: Crafting Recommendation?

Cooking is always good to have an probally one of the cheapest to lvl

Comment

Thanks, so it does offer buff food for the player character(s), like every other MMO right?

Warrior-19
      Red Mage-55
      Dark Knight-55

Comment

Yeah most of the stuff from cooking buffs char in someway

Comment

Cooking cooking cooking and more cooking.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Awesome thanks. Cooking it is.

Warrior-19
            Red Mage-55
            Dark Knight-55

Comment

Just remember, if you have to farm your ingredients to turn a profit you're not making a profit because you could have just sold the ingredients. Also: price-gouge gradually and people will go for it if you're one of the only folks supplying a certain item.
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Cooking, Alchemy and fishing all go hand in hand.

Cooking - People will always need food items, Beastmasters always need jugs and pet food.
                Alchemy - Medicines are always needed especially echo drops, holy water, elixir's.
                Fishing - Can fish up some ingredients for cooking and alchemy synths. Some fish sell well on the auction house some sell well to npc's.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Thanks. I know Fishing can be done independently of the other professions, I'll max that out eventually for sure.

So for someone that doesn't have a set class, would you recommend Cooking or Alchemy? Alchemy would be medicines, cooking would be stat buffs (as far as usefulness for all jobs) right?

Warrior-19
                  Red Mage-55
                  Dark Knight-55

Comment

Cooking & Alchemy are universally good (cooking more so), though Alchemy is especially great for Ninjas as it makes Black Ink needed for Shihei) and bullets for COR & RNG. Remember that you can raise every single skill to 70 now I believe, With the final cap being 110 (you have 40 points to spend above the "cap" across all crafts so use them wisely. Most NIN for example used to 80 ALC and 80 Wood for shihei back when the caps were 50 and 100)

As far as money goes though it's gotta be really rough going... crafting for money's been hard ever since inflation ended.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X