Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice way to fund RNG using what crafts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice way to fund RNG using what crafts ?

So i was wanting to start leveling a RNG up but i heard it was a pretty expensive Job to be
    getting into and i wanted to start a craft of some sorts to fund ammo and everything else
    i need to get ,so the question is what crafts would be a good idea for funding a RNG
    or just funding myself in general ...?
    War Lvl 37 Thf Lvl 31 Drg lvl69 Pld lvl 39 Nin 23 Whm 20 Blm 10 Smn- Fire weather, Do You Have It??????????

LinkShell - TheShortBus <<<Wikid

Cooking Lvl 48

Tho's that wish peace be prepared for war

Re: Nice way to fund RNG using what crafts ?

Generally speaking, levelling a craft will not make you gil while in the process of levelling. You'll probably need to farm in some form for gil (everybody else does!)

That said, skilling up Woodworking can go well with levelling RNG, or you can skill up a craft that helps you farm (like Leathercrafting, leather stacks while hides do not)

Comment

Woodworking, Smithing, Alchemy and Goldsmithing are all very useful to RNG (making ammo)
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Mabey i should have asked what craft is best to surrport the RNG lol i odnt wanna barge my self with
        every craft i guesse woodworking makes sense to do tho umnless theres a better craft to go about Rng
        War Lvl 37 Thf Lvl 31 Drg lvl69 Pld lvl 39 Nin 23 Whm 20 Blm 10 Smn- Fire weather, Do You Have It??????????

Cooking Lvl 48

Comment

There's no magic trick to saving money on RNG while levelling it, but if you want to save some gil, then doing some advance work on Woodworking and Bonecrafting may help you out. If you have the start-up funds, you can level Wood and Bonecraft side-by-side to 50 pretty quickly. Don't go into Smithing to cut corners on crossbow bolts, they're cheap enough as is. Smithing for bullets is kinda pointless since the best bullets are generally cheaper than your best arrows.

That said, if you're worried about expenses before starting out, don't be. RNG is expensive after 50 and only after 50. You'll be making heavy use of Bow and Crossbow before 50 and the only expensive arrows in that section of levelling are Horn Arrows since the Ram Horns needed are shorter supply due to low spawn rates.

RNG's ammo expenses are generally offset by the fact they have gear that lasts forever. Once you have Noct Set, you'll wear little else til AF, some of the AF will last you til Assault gear. All your best weapons drop from NMs and BCNM fights. In short, all your best equipment is usually free.

Comment

lol RNG doesnt sound as daunting as it used to now 'phew' does anyone know rougthly how long it takes to get woodworking up to a decent level like 50 ,obviously depends on how long i play for but ill proberly power through it as fast as possible if possible, i havent done crafting before properly so does being a higher level job help alot in leveling your crafts ?

Cooking Lvl 48

Comment

Best way to get Woodworking to 50 in a relatively short time is to buddy up with a Bonecrafter that has a similar goal. Arrows and Arrowheads get you to 50 pretty fast in both crafts, its slow after that point, though.

Comment

75 Rng here.

Take woodworking to level 60, arrows are your friend. Scorpion arrows will get you from 40-60+ and they are cheap to farm mats to make.

With that, Bonecraft to 60 for your arrow heads (again, scorpion arrows.)

If you decide to use gun for a bit, Alchemy to 60 is also a good thing (beautiful actually, as Silver Bullets only have synth of 33 or 99.)

Fletchings are pretty stinkin' cheap, so I wouldn't worry too much about leveling clothecraft for them alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  the best bullets are generally cheaper than your best arrows.
                  Right now on Seraph Demon Quivers are 39k a stack (which is astoundingly low O.o) but Kabura are 160k > _ <; and Silver Bullet Pouches are 90k a stack so that's not too bad given the slower rate of fire. Cannon Shells are 5k O.o

I was just listing the crafts that synth ammo. Leveling Alchemy to make silvers is actually counter productive now unless you want to use alchemy for making money/cursed gear. Consider that you need 100 skill + guild items to get the 51 tier on Silver Bullets and 60 Goldsmithing and it's not a pretty picture...

Woodworking isn't any better; the materials for both Demon and especially Kabura arrows are a pain in the ass to farm and you're better off just buying in bulk and making the money back some other way.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X