All Crafts Skillup Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Crafts Skillup Guide?

Does a guide exist for skilling all crafts simultaneously?

I've been working on skilling up my crafts so that I can make my own ammo for RNG, and thought- wouldn't it be swell if I could synth all of the materials needed for crafting my own ammo? Lumber, arrowheads, fletchings, the works.

The problem with this is that I am absolutely dirt poor. So I've been looking for synths that will allow me to make slight profits or minimize the losses as I skill up. It's taken a lot of research, but I've been successful at it so far. I'm really beginning to notice that having certain subcrafts would outstandingly useful in bridging the gaps between the main synths I use.

For example, I just capped out my woodworking at 16 making blind bolts- I'm making a fantastic profit on them, but not skilling up anymore. I noticed that Bronze spear caps a WW 18, and sells well at most of the AHs- and the ingredients are fantastically cheap! It also caps at Smithing 9. My Smithing is currently like 2, so I've been a little hesitant to just go for it- but there are some other very cheap synths in between, Bronze equips, all with a Leathercraft sub.

The point I'm trying to make, is that it seems like there are numerous cases in which you'd like to level up your subcraft a little, but you almost need a subcraft for your subcraft- why not level them all? It seems that if you choose the right synths, you'll not only be able to skill up crafts simultaneously, but you'll always be able to make your own materials instead of buying them. And for cases when you need to go out and farm your own stuff, you'll be able to use most of the things the mobs drop- I need to farm Giant Femurs for Xiphos crafting, but dhalmels drop hides more often- why shouldn't I be able to use those to skill up too?

Has this been seriously tried that anyone knows of? The obvious hardship in this is that your skillups are probably going to come a lot more slowly in general, but once you get up your level up- there wouldn't be anything you couldn't craft.

If this hasn't been tried, I might start writing a guide, maybe starting from 1-30 for all crafts, because my levels are still relatively low- and the more research I do, this seems like the route I'll have to take in order to not break the bank.

Thoughts, opinions?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Re: All Crafts Skillup Guide?

It's probably possible, although like you said it will go very slowly. When I attempted something like this I spread the attempts across mules though.

Also, you can only take 1 craftskill over 60 if you want one to hit 100 (barring fishing, that can go to 100 no matter what) so there is another barrier as well. Once your crafts (outside fishing) hit 60 they all share the 40 points to 100. If you take one to 100 the rest are capped. If you take more than one over 60 (outside of fishing) none of them can reach 100... This is why a lot of people spread their crafts over mules.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Szkol View Post
      The problem with this is that I am absolutely dirt poor. So I've been looking for synths that will allow me to make slight profits or minimize the losses as I skill up.
      You aren't likely to find an effective guide if your aim to keep out-of-pocket expense to a minimum. Prices of materials and finished products can vary wildly not just from one server to another, but even one day to another given a specific server.
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Generally speaking, while they can be useful in some stages of crafting, it normally costs alot more in time and money to approach crafting skillups that way. Largely because now you may fail the synth from the Woodworking side, or the Smithing side of it. Although that can be nice if you don't lose any items, gawd, I love failing skillup synths when I don't lose items, it's still a potential danger that's now greater.

So like for Smithing for instance. Starting from 0 what you'd probably want to do is do Bronze Ingots > Bronze Sheets > Bronze Scales > Tin Ingots > Aspis for a quick and easy path up to lvl 18 Smithing. Now do these sale well? Bronze Ingots used to, and might still, but most likely not. On the flipside though, the ingredients for all of these are insanely cheap to buy from the guild, copper and tin are cheap to buy and easy to find. Bronze Sheets are cheap to buy. The most expensive part is probably going to be the Tin Ingot stage.

Some crafts might have better crossover synths than others. But it seems to be better for the most part to just focus on single craft skillups than multi craft skillups.

Keep in mind my background in crafting, Alchemy to lvl 57 and Weaving to lvl 58 and some Misc other crafts leveled to the teens and low twenties.

I know for Weaving that there are very few cross craft skillups synths that I would consider for several reasons. Partly leather is not cheap. Secondly I don't want to risk a fail on my subcraft side, so I wouldn't consider it unless the items were dirt cheap. So for instance I think I made some Tekko at one point. Alchemy, the only cross craft skillups synth I ever did were Minnows.

Now I do agree with you that if you're going to be doing something like farming Dhalmels for femurs then it only makes sense to take Leatherworking up so that you can skillup on Dhalmel Leather as well.

Also, check desynth levels. Some of them can be really good and profitable for skillups.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

If you get one more level of smithing and use smithing image support, I think you'd be fine. Not sure how much the increased risk of breaks is from multiple crafts, but it's not linear in the sense that being 2 levels below cap in one craft and 4 levels below in another does not mean effectively being 6 levels below cap. If you can craft a synth where both your skill and your subskill are in the 2-4 below cap range, you'll get a pretty good chance at skilling up one or the other or even both at once on each synth. If you're dealing with expensive mats like gold or mythril I can see wanting to be cautious, but for a lot of these things the increased break risk shouldn't outweigh the skillup potential.
          Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
          DRK99,DNC91,THF90
          Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
          Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
          WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
          Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
          All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
          Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
          Clothcraft 24
          Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
          BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...