Bar-spells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar-spells?

I hope this doesn't sound too absurd, but I'm just following up on something I read in the FFXIclopedia. In one of the cooking guides there, it mentioned using bar spells to reduce your losses from a craft (specifically it was talking about using Barthunder while crafting Yagudo Drinks). I couldn't find any information on this, and none of the other threads here seemed to discuss it, but I was wondering if anyone has any information on this? It sounds rather superstitious to me, but does anyone know if it actually is true, and how it works if it is?

Re: Bar-spells?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say superstitious.

What page said that?
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah, I thought the same, but I figured it was worth asking. It was mentioned here: scroll down to 42-52 Crayfish Ball, or 55-60 Yagudo Drink.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with believing in a superstition. I would recommend doing trials on it. Pick some recipes that you're like 1 skill point off of HQ on and test them with and without a bar spell on on a "neutral" day during a "neutral" moon phase. Make sure the tests are all similar, and if your HQ rate increases significantly, you might have something.

Of course, I'll say that elemental resistance levels has been a long-time myth just like the direction you face when crafting. People use Elemental Staves to test this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
          I'll say that elemental resistance levels has been a long-time myth just like the direction you face when crafting. People use Elemental Staves to test this as well.
          Yes, but no one I've seen ever suggested equipping a Thunder Staff to ward of breaks with synths using a Dark crystal. These instructions are more like doing something for the sake of doing something to play tricks on the mind.

On top of that, elemental staves are equippable by every job, barspells are not, you would have to be or sub specific jobs, and there are 2 missing bar elements. Crafting in FFXI is job neutral and if the spells did anything, leaving barlight and bardark out are very, very large oversight in crafting design.

Further, lightning is associated with Light in FFXI (Level 3 Light skillchain), not dark.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
          X