Gardening for Beginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening for Beginners

Keep in mind that I'm writing this from my own experience and from references that I found. Things costs and sells differently on each server. With this in mind, I'm on Ramuh, so most of the things that deals with Gil will be based on being on the Ramuh server.

I tried finding to see if there were any Gardening threads, and/or/if there was a sub-forum for this but because there's not, I'm just leaving it here.

What is Gardening?

Gardening allows you to do a more simple method of 'farming' and selling. It's cheaper, and cost effective. Most of the things you grow (if you use the guide) can help creative a steady income of sorts. One of the main things is that you have to remember to check on your plant's growth and be there in time to feed it Crystals. You do not have to be at your nation's moogle house. You can check your gardening from any moogle house that's available to you.

How can I start Gardening?

You should start small, since you won't have a lot of Gil. I recommend using the first three on this list down below as they are cheaper and won't cost you a lot of gil. For more information on where you can buy it from (NPC) other then the AH, just click on it.

Things that you should save throughout your adventure that you can use for gardening are the following things:

Seeds
    Tree Clippings
    Crystals (about a stack of each. You can sell the rest).

Seeds

Different seeds produce different things when combined with a crystal and a type of flower pot. The general are: Flowering Seeds, and Trees.

You can buy stacks of seeds in the AH, or save the seeds that you get from fighting Sapplings. Seeds only require you to feed it once and they grow relatively quickly so checking up on them once in awhile is a good thing so they don't wilt and die.

Tree Clippings

These drops are rarer then regular seeds and they're a bit more expensive in the AH. They drop from Goobbues (which can be found in Rolanberry, yes). Not only that, they're a lot harder to grow as it can take weeks for it to come time to harvest. They also need more then one feeding.

If you go here, you can find the life cycle of trees.

So, I bought my Flowerpot, I have my seeds, and I have [a] Crystal(s).

What you should do now is enter into your Moogle house. Talk to the Moogle and hit "Layout" (assuming you've placed your Flowerpot, seeds, and crystals in your Mog House). Once you're in the Layout menu, place the flowerpot anywhere in the room.

Exit your Layout menu, and then click on your Gardening menu. Select your flowerpot, and then select Plant Seed and choose the seed that you would like to plant.

That's it! For now anyway. Easy, right? Good!

What do I do now?

You wait! Check on the plant's growth, and check to see if you need to feed it a crystal. How you do this is by selecting Gardening, click on a flowerpot, and see if there's an option to feed your plant a crystal. Depending on what kind of seed, and what type of crystal you're feeding it (as well as what type of flowerpot) will determine what you'll be getting at the end.

If you fail to feed your plant a crystal, it will whither and die. You should check it at least once every other day.

When you see your plant glowing, it is ready for harvesting. If you are not in your Mog House to see this happen, then from the Gardening menu, select your flowerpot and see if it's ready to harvest or if you need to feed a crystal to it.

Here is an image to help you out on your gardening! This is the 'lifecycle' of your plants (using flowering seeds).

Does Weather, Day of the Week, and time effect what items can be harvested?

The answer in short is: yes. You can harvest rock salt, little worms, and more crystals if you're not careful. You can read a little guide here which tells you of these things. They have a table and it's not as long as this, so I guess you can say, it's short and sweet!

Mogenhancement: Gardening

YES! YES! YES!! Please, when you are able to yield a profit out of this, buying furnishings that can enhance your gardening skills is good. It will allow you to not check on your plants as often, as well as more of a chance for you to be able to grow items and not have it wilt on you!

It is obtained through these Furnishings:
    Results

Gardening can be as complex or as simple as you put it. I like to experiment a bit because I find that fun instead of following guides through out. In any case, here are some great references that you should use as well as other guides that are very helpful and informative.

In my own experience, I find that Taru rice is the most successful for selling and profit yielding.

Referneces

Hopes this helps some of you! ^^
Working...
X