Cost for Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost for Services

I'm in the process of collecting materials to have a Barone Corraza made (Smithing 100, Gold 60, Leather 60). Leading up to the synth of the corazza I'll need some materials made (things like gold ingots, orichicalcum chain, etc).

So I have a question for you high level synthers. How much would you expect to be paid to do 1-2 high level material synths for someone if they bring you all the materials? Would you expect more or the same for the final synth of the Barone Corazza?

I think I'll need three crafters:

A level ~100 smith to make a darksteel plate and molybdenum plate.
    A level ~100 goldsmith to make a water bead and an orichicalum chain
    And finally a 100 Smith 60 Gold and Leather synther to make the Barone.

And I am wondering how much to offer each of them.
    Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
    Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
    Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
    Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
    Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
    Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
    ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
    WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Re: Cost for Services

I wouldn't go at it with an offer, as you might end up paying more than you have to. I don't know how they would charge, but I will absolutely recommend that you have an agreement worked out before hand in the event of a HQ.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Just for synths of materials I'd never charge. I just go with the understanding that if it breaks it breaks, no refunds. I seldom charge for a synth of items either, but thats just me.

I'll usually agree to arrangments in event of HQ; which is usually they'll pay part/all of a NQ price. Suits me fine as it's all profit to me. But I just don't do refunds on breaks.

Water bead can be made with a 60 goldsmither, so your final crafter could make that. The chain will be the hard part to get I think; but I'd suggest doing a few ISNMs and see if you can't get lucky on some ore drops.

When I need something crafted and don't have a friend that I can do it, I'll just /shout for the crafter. They'll usually inform me if they charge; but most just sitting in whitegate won't mind taking 5 seconds to craft some items when you're bringing the materials.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Thank you for pointing out the importance of making an arrangement with a HQ. However, if it HQs, then this is a bit of an issue if they expect something extraordinary in exchange.

The finished NQ product on the AH is 850,000 gil right now. This is why I am getting it crafted myself, as I can do it for about 600,000g (not counting any cost of getting it crafted). If the synther expects some/all of the NQ cost if he HQs, then that would be a pretty large expense. I was thinking to offer 2 or 3 times whatever cost we agree on in the event of the HQ. Hope that is a suitable term for people.

I'm not going to stress too much over it however, seems like it will be pretty much impossible to HQ it given the craft levels, and I don't really need or expect a HQ anyway.

Merits:

Crafts:

Mission Progress:
        ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
        WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

I'm sure you'd love an HQ if you can get it; but if you're really only looking to NQ you might purpose that the HQ gets sold and you get a NQ crafted from the profits. I've done that before and works out well. Depends how much the HQ goes for and how easy it is to sell. Up to you of course.

Comment

Its hard to value the HQ, as it has never sold on the AH before on my server. The only transaction shown is a guy selling it to himself for 1 mil but that doesn't mean anything.

Merits:

Crafts:

Mission Progress:
            ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
            WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

Very true that it's hard to place value on such rare items; especially in this economy. But I'm sure he could get far more than the NQ (most likely close to 3 million or more is it's selling for about 800k). I would ask the crafter what he'd like for HQ; many just like to have it signed by them so that it kind of acts as advertising. But if all else fails, I'm sure he'd take the HQ and make you NQ for free or the agreed price.

Comment

Working...
              X