Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Clothcraft have a sub-forum in the crafting forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Clothcraft have a sub-forum in the crafting forum?

So, I'm getting sick of bashing on bad guys and need some time away. I'm considering different crafts to jump into. I spent 5 hours yesterday fishing and nearly got lv 4. I also spent an hour in the past on Alchemy and got lv 1. That COST me! I don't think I'll be trying Alchemy again... I was considering Clothcraft. After reviewing recipes on FFXIAH, I think that there are a few profitable ones that would be a great start to that craft. What do you guys think? Is Clothcraft really one of the most expensive? Please let me know what you think, because I'm about to become seriously invested...

Thanks,
    Evion
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: Why doesn't Clothcraft have a sub-forum in the crafting forum?

Read also: Weaver

Add: Alchemy shouldn't cost a thing to get to level 4, do Tsurara.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Seriously, the items would be lost/failed during synthesis I'd say 3/4 times. It was getting pretty expensive. AND! The Tsurare weren't selling... I heard that each character is randomly a little better or worse at different crafts. (innately) Any truth to that?

Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Tsurara is a loss on many servers, but Callisto is right, you shouldn't be taking a big loss doing Alchemy.

Following a lot of guides that were written a few years ago will probably net you crafting at a loss though.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
          I heard that each character is randomly a little better or worse at different crafts. (innately) Any truth to that?
          I'm going to have to go with "No." on that one.
          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Alchemy should be cheaper huh?... I thought that my character might be innately worse at Alchemy. I burned through 60K+ on Tsurara and got one level! Oh well, maybe I was doing something wrong...

Comment

Seriously, the items would be lost/failed during synthesis I'd say 3/4 times. It was getting pretty expensive. AND! The Tsurare weren't selling...
              No offense, but if you think Tsurara are expensive, they are probably the cheapest thing to skillup on. Also you may want to consider a different synth (antidotes) to get your skill a little higher on and then go to Tsurara if you break so often on them.

I don't think that Weaving is that expensive early on so long as you are smart about how you do it. Just do your research (or view my guide! ) and you should be fine.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Don't just buy all synth items from the AH, look around at the vendors. Tsurara are dirt cheap to skill up on - go to Sandy, plonk yourself in Raimbroys (sp), and use the cheap rock salt and distilled water.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I don't think you can count.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

...how the hell do you blow 60k on Tsurara? The crystals are probably the most expensive part of that synth.

At any rate, Tsurara has a skill cap of 6. At skill 0, you can't skill from failures, and your failure rate is relatively high. Either start on Antidote, or read up on crafting theory and do your Tsurara synths under Success conditions (and free image support until you hit skill 1-2).
                    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                    Clothcraft 24
                    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Why can't I count? Anyway, if I was to start Clothcraft, what would be your suggested start-off money?

Comment

On your server, if you bought all the items off of the Jeuno AH, 60k would make a little over 18 stacks of Tsurara (it's 180 separate synths). Significantly more then would be required to take you over 1 level.

On top of that, I'm also betting that you're counting your loss as what it cost you to make but not sell. Tsurara cost (on your server) 332gil assuming no HQ's. They sell for 202, netting a 130gil loss per synth. To genuinely loose 60k, you would have to have made 540 Tsurara synths. You would have capped at 6 long ago.

In short, I don't think that you can count.

loose

Comment

I think you see losses for the first several clothcrafting recipes. I think the first actually profitable synth was Linen Thread in the 20s.
                          Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                          DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                          Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                          Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                          WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                          Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                          All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                          Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                          Clothcraft 24
                          Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                          BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

I think you see losses for the first several clothcrafting recipes. I think the first actually profitable synth was Linen Thread in the 20s.
                            If you wanted to you could see profit on the grass stuff, but I'd recommend saving it for skillups later on instead of selling it. You skillup faster and it costs you less that way.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Tsurara were better before ice crystal prices went through the roof. I liked the prices on linen myself, but now I'm up to silk and could make a fair bit on cloth (if people didn't dump 40-odd onto the AH most weekends). Of course, at this point I'm synthing cocoons to thread to cloth to green ribbons for skillup, and have a ways to go before I'm in the best range for that synth...

Comment

Working...
                              X