Question about HQ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about HQ's

Lets say you have lvl 60 woodworking and are attempting to craft an item that is lvl 9, since you are 51 levels above the item you are "supposed" to have a 50% chance of hq. Now lets say the main craft is woodworking 9 and the secondary craft is smithing 5, if your smithing is lvl 5 do you still have a 50% chance of hqing the item or would you need to have lvl 56 smithing to be able to do so?
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Re: Question about HQ's

The odds of something working out were arrived at by analyzing a large set. So being 51 levels over the limit with "50% chance of HQ" it would still not be surprising to do 5 HQ's in a row, or no HQ's in 10 synths. Do 1000 synths though and you'll notice that about half were HQ's.

X% chance of anything does not mean a particular outcome will happen X times, but that there is an X% chance of it happening every time you do it.

I believe that synths that have subcrafts also need the subcraft to be leveled up to get the higher chance of getting a HQ.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

That's what I thought as well, but saying I usually dont craft too many things that have subcrafts, I never thought about it. At least until i started leveling smithing again the other day.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Yes, you must break the HQ Tier for all subcrafts to expect the HQ rate for that Tier.

Example: It is possible to break Tier 31 (25% HQ rate) on Scorpion Harness, but not on Haubergeon. As a result, the price of HQ relative to the price of NQ (which is a pretty good measure of how "difficult" an HQ is for a synth) is much higher with Haubergeon +1 than it is for Scorpion Harness +1.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

This is one of those things that I've always been curious about, but promptly forget, since I rarely synth money items that have subcrafts.
          Generic Info!

Comment

Among Bonecrafters, it's common knowledge that the leathercraft level required for Scorpion Harness was the "Big Lie" for a long time. It was reported as being in the 40s at one time, so that certain players could overcharge on the HQ (if everyone thought it was Tier 11 recipe, then crafters could charge Tier 11 prices).

Every time someone tried to post the true support craft level for the recipe at Alla, it would get rated down to sub-default.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

There is a lot of information on Alla regarding synthesis and HQ.

Alla Crafting Threads

Bear in mind there is about as much myth as fact. You should more interested in the surveys performed on HQ items rather than "what people say". There's a lot of good info there.

Here also is a copy of one of Eruntalon's surveys of Woodworking preserved at Spielman's Mog (A Ranger Related site):

Eruntalon's HQ Survey in Woodworking Relations of Moon Phase and Day

Comment

Working...
              X