Auction House Conspiracies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction House Conspiracies

I have leveled alchemy to 56 and have found a cash crop to be sleeping potions (especially if you farm all of the sleepshrooms yourself). Sleeping Potions seem to sell in the morning on my server very well and on saturdays and sundays people buy 3-6 stacks in a hour sometimes. I've noticed over the past few days that a particular player has been selling plenty of them, almost over 10 almost each day. Then I noticed on saturday that this same player bought out all of the sleepshrooms in the Jeuno AH and now its impossible for them to stay in stock. Somebody in jeuno (Possibly this guy's mule) bought all of the sleepshrooms in Sandy as well. FFXI is starting to feel like monopoly lol. Have any of you other Crafters noticed that someone monopolizes and then buys the AH out of key items so nobody else can make anything?
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Re: Auction House Conspiracies

It happens all the time.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

its how a crafter makes his money make the supply lower to cash in
      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Well of course when people got tired of him, they started to undercut him. I started to put those sleepshrooms i farmed in the AH for about 9k (They usually sell for 4k) I'm sure somebody would be desperate or rich enough to buy them at that price.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Welcome to the world of Crafting.
          FFXIV Balmung Server
          Tenro Matashi
          PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

This is when you see profit, and go farm (and jack up) sleepshrooms, not complain about crafting.

Comment

Get your revenge by farming the hell out of them and undercutting the bastard several times over .

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
                Get your revenge by farming the hell out of them and undercutting the bastard several times over .
                He's buying the things that get farmed so that would only help the guy. But raising the price would hurt him and help you, especially if the end item (i.e. the sleep potions) start dropping in price as their mats go up.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                  This is when you see profit, and go farm (and jack up) sleepshrooms, not complain about crafting.
                  BTW i wasn't complaining I just thought it was funny the first few times I checked the Auction House list and realized that guy had his name on there like 20x each day lol. This was the first time I had noticed this happening since I used to craft Acid and Venom bolts back in the day. The only reason it used to happen then would be the main person would usually get caught undercutting himself (Selling for 3001g and getting caught selling at 3001g) and then the prices would drop horribly. I haven't looked to see if any sleepshrooms are in the AH but there were none there at all this weekend. Then again if I'm the only one farming sleepshrooms and i raise the prices and the Sleeping Potions rise to coinside with the rise of sleepshrooms then i could make double profit when i farm extras.
                  Last edited by Durahansolo; 04-03-2007, 09:24 AM.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------

Comment

Go to Spore Hollow in Jugner Forest, the Fuguars drop woozy and sleepshooms like mana from heaven. Don't even need TH, they just drop left and right there.

People will buy out, undercut and do anything they can to get gil. I'm a pretty patient guy when it comes to gil, I get what I need as it comes, but some people are just desparate and will undercut the very moment somone's junk sells ahead of theirs.

Just gotta be patient with it. In fact, its sometimes just better to mule stuff like this than set it up in the AH. Lots of applications for sleep potions, they're vital to the Maat fight and certain BCNMs

Comment

Spore hollow, havent tried farming there, I might go there today. This weekend I was farming in Toadstools in Ghelsba outpost. I got about 3 1/2 stacks of shrooms in about an hour and a half with TH. Also on sunday I farmed shrooms in Carpenters Landing. The droprate was a little bit better there and plus there were more Funguars to kill than in the outpost.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                        Well of course when people got tired of him, they started to undercut him. I started to put those sleepshrooms i farmed in the AH for about 9k (They usually sell for 4k) I'm sure somebody would be desperate or rich enough to buy them at that price.
                        I was going to comment on the "great profit if you farm the sleepshrooms yourself", but you seem to have stumbled onto it anyway.

If you only NQ the potions (which, at your level, is going to be the case 98% of the time), then synthing the shrooms into potions garners a little bit of extra profit. Whoever is blitzing the AH with all of those sleeping potions is most likely a high level alchemist who can pump out HQs 25% of the time.

On this recipe, it shouldn't be too hard to compete with the highest level Alchemist. Even at 100+6, you can't break Tier 51 / 50% HQ rate. Once you get up to 87 Alchemy (or even a level or two earlier if you get Cadeceus / Apron), you can compete with any alchemist on this particular recipe.
                        Lyonheart
                        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                          I was going to comment on the "great profit if you farm the sleepshrooms yourself", but you seem to have stumbled onto it anyway.

If you only NQ the potions (which, at your level, is going to be the case 98% of the time), then synthing the shrooms into potions garners a little bit of extra profit. Whoever is blitzing the AH with all of those sleeping potions is most likely a high level alchemist who can pump out HQs 25% of the time.

On this recipe, it shouldn't be too hard to compete with the highest level Alchemist. Even at 100+6, you can't break Tier 51 / 50% HQ rate. Once you get up to 87 Alchemy (or even a level or two earlier if you get Cadeceus / Apron), you can compete with any alchemist on this particular recipe.
                          I figured the same thing as you, it is possible that he is a higher level Alchemist and HQs them much better than myself. I believe I have HQ'd 2 times out of about 15 stacks of Sleeping Potions. The bad thing about low level HQ is that 9/10 times you'll break a crystal on one of your upcoming synths, usually the one that comes after the HQ.
                          {New Sig in the works}
                          -----------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X