Dodged a Crit Fail bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodged a Crit Fail bullet

Decided to do some crafting today during 5% New Moon Lightsday. I wanted to take a shot at a SH +1, and I did some other synthesis attempts while I was at it.

Attempted a SH, for which I break Tier 31... got NQ. I was rather disappointed. I crit failed it a couple of attempts back, and I seem to be overdue for an HQ.

After that, I decided to try some Shade gear, for which I also break Tier 31. I crit failed 5 out of 6 attempts . Together with the Silver Chains I had made earlier, I failed 5 out fo 11 attempts on recipes which used Earth crystals during that game day.

I'm a little sore about the 5 crit fails on Shade gear, which lost me at least 100k. But I guess I should feel fortunate that I didn't crit fail the SH instead (which would have been a 1.3M loss).
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Re: Dodged a Crit Fail bullet

One thing I've learned with crafting:
    It all evens out. If you're up way huge in the odds, it will all come crashing down, if you're just getting your butt handed to you with NQ's when you're tier 3 or tons of breaks many levels above the cap, it will always even out. Just give it time and enough attempts and you'll end up about as close to normal as you can get.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Unfortunately, it tends to even out on the wrong recipes. I've been on an HQ drought with SH, and oh look, the game has granted me an HQ2 on Silver Chains
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

{/comfort} Lyonheart. I hate crafting sometimes. Other times, I love it.
        FFXIV Balmung Server
        Tenro Matashi
        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Working...
        X