Any one craft better than another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one craft better than another?

Ok i hope this hasnt been posted anywhere i did some small looking around but still think i should ask.
    Other than 1 level in Goldsmithing i have no skills in synthing. So i was wondering which skill will be easyiest to level and have the best profit(not just money profit but a combination of money and personal use).
    I am only level 21 so i dont have acess to a lot of high-level areas but i can get to Jeuno.... so please keep that in mind.

(This will most-likely be answerd fast but just letting yall know that i have to log of because i have a contest to attend to in just a few minutes so I will be back later today to see what has been said)
    I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
    It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
    We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
    Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
    Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
    Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Re: Any one craft better than another?

Goldsmithing probably wouldnt be a good choice for you. It's one of the largest gil sinks in the game and you need a fair amount of it to level up......plus you need to be able to access the resources and mines, many of which you have to be level 65+ to walk around freely in.

I would say start off with something simple, say cooking. There's a fair amount of demand for food, due to the fact that everyone needs it!

And in terms of profit, cooking won't get you uber uber rich, but it just goes along the lines of how much you spend out. The more a craft costs, the more you'll generally receive back in return.....so you're only limited by how much income you have.

edit:

And as it goes with most crafts, the first 45-50 levels are gilsinks. You generally start making profit past a certain level.
    Last edited by Mog; 10-14-2006, 09:09 AM.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

There's no easier or harder skill to level. It's just that each guild requires different amount of gil. If you want cheap, cooking and alchemy can get you pretty far with minimal investment. Goldsmith in the other hand is one of the most expensive craft you can choose. Unless you have 30+ million to burn *comfortably*, don't bother. 30M won't even get you far in that craft actually...

other crafts like woodworking and blacksmith are kinda in between those 2 extreme.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I suggest start with leveling Cooking or Alchemy up to 60 to test if crafting is something for you. Cooking and Alchemy can be leveled to 60 with minimal investments, you may even get some profit from leveling them if you are patient and study the marked.

After you hit 60 then you can decide if you like crafting and what craft you should choose to level all the way. Some are even leveling all their crafts to 60 before they decide wich craft that want to take to 100.

When you choose a main craft, I suggest having more goals for your craft than just gil. To get a craft to 100 you have to invest a lot of time. And having a high level craft isn't the sure gilmaker it used to be, so it's good to have other reasons for skilling a craft.

I did choose to level clothcraft on my main character because I wanted to make my own signed WHM-gear, and because of the challenge. (It is considered a difficult craft to get to 100.)

Comment

I would recommend that you get started in Alchemy, alot of the lower level things can be profitable. Making Holy Waters and selling them to a npc can be profitable depending on what the AH price for light crystals.

The really nice thing about alchemy is that it is a good craft to start to skillup on and learn how to craft before going into a more expensive craft.

I would also recommend cooking, but it seems that alot of people who I would suspect of RMT have flooded the cooking guild, so I would not be recommending cooking unless it is for your own personal use.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Knowing which craft would be better than the rest would be an issue of economics. Since the economy is almost entirely player driven there will never be an all time best craft, but from day to day one MIGHT be more profitable than another depending on what exactly you're synthing.

Some are a lot more expensive than others, and because Goldsmithing is the most expensive it's usually the least taken advantage of and more profitable IN THE VERY LONG RUN. You'll not see profits for months.

Comment

ok so i should start leveling cooking or alchemy sounds good (il probably try cooking first)...now because i cant spend a whole lot of time playing because my parents are divorced and i can only play it at my dads house(which means about 2-3 times a week for about 7-13 hours week) now with these circumstances will i still be able to level up cooking fairly quickly and make resonable foods for myself? About how long would it take to get to say....level 15? At 15 is there anything helpfull i can make?

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

Well, it partly depends on how much gil you want to spend, I think for... 20k or so, you can blitz on through levels 1-15, most of that will be buying crystals.

I like doing the cheap easy synths, so what I would recommend is:

Carrot Broth (lvl3) > Orange Juice (lvl 10) > Roast Mushroom (lvl 16) > Apple Juice (lvl 20) > Meat Jerky (lvl 26) > Pineapple Juice (lvl30)

The juices are nice and cheap to make, and the ingredients can be bought at npcs, so you can mass produce them for skillups with little loss if you just toss them.

Hmm, I think the only profit synth you get would be Roast Mushrooms, mages like to eat those. Most people like to buy pineapple juices or yagudo drinks.

Insect balls, Dhalmel Steaks, Meat jerky, and I think Boiled Crabs all sell well. Those are all 20-30 synths.

If you have a low level mage job that you want to level, then the juices will prove invaluable for you, they really help in the lower levels.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

ok cool..thanks for all the helpful info....yeah i should be able to make it to level 20 or so then probably more because i do have a resonable income already(harvesting saruta cotton and killing crawlers for silk thread)and i already have about 90k me.
                  Ok so im gona start that next time at my dads if i have any more questions (which i probably will ) ill be back

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

Working...
                  X