Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the 1 million gil question

Hi-o all,

I have a question here that will vary server to server and will also become quickly outdated. I recently made my first 1 million gil (whoo-hoo, thank you to all the sick chocos out there) and now I want to invest that money into a craft to help perpetuate a large bank-roll. My crafts are cooking 45, cloth 8, bone 1, and fishing 19.

So to my question,
    If I were to roll 800-900K into a single craft how far could I possibly get. I realize each craft will be different, so if a few ppl could venture their best guess I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you to all who reply

Jet

Re: the 1 million gil question

Continue with cooking, it gets very profitable after about lev 55, ingrediants are in
    good supply and easy to get if you take the trouble to find the best deal. Certain foods sell really well and if you are not in a hurry to level, you can stick with the hot selling items. I'm lev 94 and I'm a happy cook. My sucess is helped by a mule in every city, gardening the hard to get items ( puffballs for one) and selling most meals in Juneo and ingrediants in windy. Since i'm less than level 10 in thye other crafts, I can't give a good evaluation if cook is the best. I know you won't need half the gil you have to do it, that';s for sure.
    Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
    Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
    Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

Re: the 1 million gil question

As the economy is now on most servers I suggest leveling a craft with mostly consumables, like cooking and alchemy.

You should be able to level cooking to 95 without loosing much gil if you are patient and avoid headless powerleveling. I'm not sure how alchemy is to level above 60, but leveling it to 60 was profitable when I did it some months ago.

You won't be rolling in millions of gil overnight from cooking, but you should be able to make a decent amount of gil without taking much risk. But if cooking is riddled with RMT crafters on your server, your options for profit will be fewer.

Comment

Working...
      X