Overwhelming Moghancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwhelming Moghancements

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, a search for Moghancement returned nothing.

Is it known whether building Moghancement energy past the limit for one of the three stages has an effect? Specifically, I currently have Moghancement:Desynthesis with overwhelming lightning energy. Will adding more lightning furniture increase the effects even more? Or would that be overwhelming overkill?
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Re: Overwhelming Moghancements

I'm not certain, but I think it would be overkill. I'm pretty sure the whole strength thing is meant so you can have multiple types of items while still getting the moghancement that is strongest.

I've always understood it as if you have the moghancement, you're as good as you can get from that method.
    Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
    I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
      Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, a search for Moghancement returned nothing.

Is it known whether building Moghancement energy past the limit for one of the three stages has an effect? Specifically, I currently have Moghancement:Desynthesis with overwhelming lightning energy. Will adding more lightning furniture increase the effects even more? Or would that be overwhelming overkill?
      Haven't noticed any different. I seems once you just hit that stage the potency of the area just has a specific boost. Unless there a next step after Overwhelming once you hit that you're good.

Originally posted by Haggai
      I'm not certain, but I think it would be overkill. I'm pretty sure the whole strength thing is meant so you can have multiple types of items while still getting the moghancement that is strongest.

I've always understood it as if you have the moghancement, you're as good as you can get from that method.
      No when you put in furniture of different elements they don't reduce another elements presence. If you setup your moghouse right you can have it do Overwhelming for a group of enhancements, when determining what enhancement you get it values that solely on which item alone would have the strongest power. So like of the 3 nation flags they have a power rated as 10 on their element. You could flood your house with powers of 2-3 of different elements that the furniture totaled would be over 10, and still when you place that power 10 item in there your enhancement would be that items enhancement.

So the elements strength has nothing to do in factoring against what other elements exists in the furniture, it is for the enhancements effect and increasing it.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

That's what I suspected. Thanks.
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

No when you put in furniture of different elements they don't reduce another elements presence.
          I never said that one would reduce another. I was basically stating that you get whichever has the strongest presence.
          Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggai
            I never said that one would reduce another. I was basically stating that you get whichever has the strongest presence.
            Correct but it only checks by single item. It looks for an item with the highest power doesn't care about element at this point. The single item with the highest power become the enhancement.

You'll see this happen when you use the alchemist furniture item against the 3 flags or other crafting furniture. All of those are a power of 10, if you have two around you'll get that message of not being able to determine. Even though you bump lightning to were it creates an overwhelming effect the alchemist furniture item still does not give the enhancement if another item of the same power 10 is out.

That was tested already and results of it were on somepage.com don't know if it's still there but you can look to see.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Correct but it only checks by single item. It looks for an item with the highest power doesn't care about element at this point. The single item with the highest power become the enhancement.
              I didn't know that. Thanks for the lesson. ^^
              Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                If I'm reading this correctly, I'm going to have to disagree.

My Mog House is set up with balanced Light, Earth, and Water energies. In other words, the total of Light-powered furnitures = Earth-powered furnitures = Water-powered furnitures. I have other energies but their totals are lower than these.

When I want Moghancement:Experience, I install a Book Holder. This increases the Light energy by 1 and lets my Mahogany Bed give me its enhancement.

When I want Moghancement:Fishing (items), I install a Bucket (and remove the Book Holder). I think the Cabinet is technically the item with the highest Water source although the Bucket gives Fishing, too.

When I want Moghancement:Gardening, I install a Brass Flowerpot (and remove the previous 2 items - you get the idea). This lets my Table (can't remember which one) give me the enhancement.

No other furniture is removed to achieve these.

Each furniture has an energy level (distinct from its storage capacity). The Moogle adds up the totals of each element. From the set of furniture that is in the highest-sum element, the furniture with the highest amount of that element gives its enhancement.
                They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I believe Macht meant that once it's determined the strongest element, it only looks at the single most powerful piece of furniture with that element to find the moghancement. What you quoted just isn't in context enough to get that without reading the rest of the thread before it.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
                    I believe Macht meant that once it's determined the strongest element, it only looks at the single most powerful piece of furniture with that element to find the moghancement. What you quoted just isn't in context enough to get that without reading the rest of the thread before it.
                    Correct, if you want all of that somepage.com gives a decent breakdown.

Also for fishing cabinet isn't the strongest it's Armoir and Commode both with a power of 16 vs. Armoir's power of 12.

Comment

I just wish it was easier to get lightning and desynthesis moghancements. Looks like I'm going to be filling my MH with 50 tarutaru stools, (wastebasket's already there), and tossing on a tableware set when I want to switch to lightning

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Ellipses

Originally posted by Macht
                        Correct, if you want all of that somepage.com gives a decent breakdown.

Also for fishing cabinet isn't the strongest it's Armoir and Commode both with a power of 16 vs. Armoir's power of 12.
                        ok, I just read it incorrectly then and so...I agree with your initial statement!

Mystery Tour has a nice listing of the furniture, too. It's under "Tips > Moghancements". I don't have either the Armoire or Commode because I wanted a balanced but comfortable looking Mog House. I have 4 Light Jars as it is... >.> (can't get Mannequin yet).
                        They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                        X