Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are travelling NPC Merchants always out of stuff ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are travelling NPC Merchants always out of stuff ?

Ever since I found Mystery Tour, I have been trying to get Jourille to sell me some San d'Orian carrots so I can go about tyring cooking. Now, as it would turn out, every time I chat with her, she says she is out. I would like to know if this is fame-related (I only have level 2 fame, even though I am *rank* 2 in Windurst and level 10...) or if someone has bought all of her stuff before I get to her.

You see, I want to try my hand at some crafting, but the leveling guides have certain items on them that are selling for way too much $$$ on the AH. Carrots are 2k for a stack of 12. Like, they aren't even cooked, they're just carrots... carrots ! RAW CARROTS !!! ARGH !!!

....sorry, got sidetracked. I checked around and all the travelling merchants pretty much tell me the same thing :"Sorry, I want to sell you something, but my supplies are out, please call again later". Any particular reason why ?
    Destined Fellow Eue
    Windurst Rank 4

Linkshell : Lords of Kirin
    Mog House 60/80 - Exit upgrade completed for Windy, Sandy, Bastok, and Jeuno
    Inventory 35/60

Crags : Mea, Dem, Holla, Altep
    OP Warp : Zulkheim, Sarutabaruta, Kuzotz, Qufim, Aragoneu, Elshimo Lowlands, Li'Telor

NPC Fellow Nanako : Attacker

My journal
    My blog

Which FF Character Are You?

Windurst Fame 4
    Sandy Fame 4
    Bastok Fame 2
    Tenshodo Fame 3

Re: Are travelling NPC Merchants always out of stuff ?

it's region related. Sandoria carrot for example is an imported goods from ronfaure region. Jourille for example is in windurst. So, she will only have stuff to sell when windurst rules over ronfaure, which doesn't happen too often.

check out this page.
    http://www.ffrecipe.com/itemDetails....d=4389&lang=en

As you see, each nation have their own ronfaure regional merchant. And only the nation ruling such zone will have anything to sell. Also the groocery in south sandoria will always sell carrots. The guild sells too in a limiting amount per game day.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

It has to do with the Nations' Rank amongst the others, or something like that. They tell you themselves that unless -place related area- is under -place Nation- control they will be unable to sell you any goods.

Fishy

There once was fish,

Whom made a perfect dish

To a giant fish.

The giant fish was caught,

By a Mithra which sought

To fill her hunger.

The Mithra was slayed,

By a monster whom would raid

The land.

What have we learned?

Comment

You know, that is something I never would have suspected.

I already found out that I cannot buy Poison because of that.. on Unicorn, Windurst is 3rd in the rankings. Well, guess I will have to resort to camping the guild shop for carrots. And oranges. Would like to make OJ and other cool food with nice stat bonuses/effects...

Thanks for the quick response. Now I can rest easier/not stress out so much.
        Destined Fellow Eue
        Windurst Rank 4

Linkshell : Lords of Kirin
        Mog House 60/80 - Exit upgrade completed for Windy, Sandy, Bastok, and Jeuno
        Inventory 35/60

Crags : Mea, Dem, Holla, Altep
        OP Warp : Zulkheim, Sarutabaruta, Kuzotz, Qufim, Aragoneu, Elshimo Lowlands, Li'Telor

NPC Fellow Nanako : Attacker

My journal
        My blog

Which FF Character Are You?

Windurst Fame 4
        Sandy Fame 4
        Bastok Fame 2
        Tenshodo Fame 3

Comment

Working...
        X