X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to start crafting..

Hey people..=]
    I'm starting out the the game now..but I've read articles and guides about crafting skills..
    but all of the guides just state how to raise the level of the crafting guild you're in..

so my questions are..
    1. how exactly do you join a crafting guild??
    2. is it possible to be part of two guilds at once?? i.e. blacksmith and fishing..

thanks in advance..=]
    [[insert witty saying here]]

Re: how to start crafting..

You can level any craft to 10 without joining the corresponding guild. To be able to advance past 10 or get advanced image support, you need to join the guild. There is an NPC at each guild who will allow you to sign up. You can join more than one guild, I'm not sure if there is an issue of what order you do things, though.

To advance beyond any level that's a multiple of 10, you need to pass a guild test by turning a particular item in to a guild NPC. You can take this test up to 2 levels in advance of your rank's cap.

Unless you plan to take a craft beyond 10 or need image support, there's no need to join the guild (I've got Fishing at 2 already but haven't joined the guild).
    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
    Clothcraft 24
    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

You can join any guild in any order. Just need to travel to the actual guild head quarter to sign up.

I would suggest you start leveling a craft pretty much at the same time you start leveling a job. You will find it handy in making gil, armor, weapons, or food for your leveling. I wish I started leveling a craft right off the bat. If I did, I might have all of them near Lv.60 already, instead of 3 in the 20's, and one at Lv.60.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

So all I have to do is talk to a NPC to sign up??no Gil or items required??..
        sorry if I'm being a bother..but I'm just very very new to all of this..xD;;

another question..would Alchemy and Cooking be good crafts if I'm starting off as a WAR??

thanks for your responses also..=D

Comment

No gill needed, and actually most of them will actually give you a crystal when you "sign up" at the guild.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

the first 10 level of all guild is actually pretty handy ^^ it might not give you profit on their own, but it will give you a pretty good idea what items are in demand of the market. For example rabbit skins or bat wings. You'd think they're cheap junk until you found out they go for 8-9k per stack on auction house.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

ahh..I see..
              thanks for all your help guys..=D

Comment

Its also a good way to make a few friends too.
                Even with low level clothcraft, you can create Vagabond boots and gloves; which is cool because I have made a few friends by making them a pair of boots or gloves. Or you could just sell them at the AH, but I don't know if would be too profitable (I usually just make stuff for other folks or myself. Though I can say the occasional waxsword seems to fetch a good price).

Anyway, just have fun with it. Its a good way to pass time in between leveling, quests, and missions.
                You know what, you can kiss my...

Red Mage 38 | White Mage 10 | Black Mage 17 | Bard 10 | Ranger 03 | Alchemy 38 | Cooking 09

RDM: Rose Duelist Mithra

Comment

haha..making new friends is always a plus..xD

Comment

Working...
                  X