Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clothcraft....Mid-High Level Profit Makers? Please help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothcraft....Mid-High Level Profit Makers? Please help.

I'm farming hard to get my clothcraft skill to lv 70 (currently at 52 after skilling up on insect fletchings)

what i would like to know is what i can make to maximise profits at lv 70. There are so many options open to me including HQ and desynth, but i have no idea what is worth to make to get the best possible profit in the shortest amount of time.

Any suggestions from high level clothcrafters, would be greatly appreciated as ive spent an enormous amount of time farming to invest in clothcraft, only to be confused as to what will bring me the best profit.

I'm not expecting to be rich out of a signle recipe, but rather to get a very good and steady income by relying on my crafting skills alone to bring in the gil.

thx in advance.

http://ffxi.cogn.net/forums/showthre...4&pagenumber=1

pdac made this Clothcraft guide and included "profit" synths for each stage. Surely there is something there that could help you. I would offer my advice, but take a look at my sig... lvl 4 clothcraft isnt a wealth of knowledge
    FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
    FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

.... it's sad but lvl 52 is where the competition begins in clothcraft... Most of the market below 52 is pretty competitive, but there're a few items that's still quite profitable... mostly expendables:

1. As u mention, desyn: Cotton Thread and Cotton Clothes are ur friend... those sells fast and are quite expensive. So stock up on Gobblin Armor, Moblin Armor, and Antican Robe ^^ You can also buy Robes from NPC in Port Windurst and desyn them for grass and cotton threads

2. Wool Thread: Used in Leather craft a lot Wool is as far as I know a profitable syn. Sell in SandOria for max profit and quite sales.

3. Ninja Tool: Shinobitabi, make ur own material to maximize ur profit

4. Gobbie Bag Clothes: Linen, Velvet, Silk Cloths are all profitable in singles in Jeuno

Good Luck on the long silk road ahead of 52~ The good news is, you will be NPCing a lot of ur syn from 52-72 so you can free up AH slot to make gil to make up for the loss
      Brd 67/ Whm 42 / Blm 26
      Clothcraft 72.0

Comment

At that level the only thing I found to be remotely worthwhile in terms of profit was desynthing Gigas socks into Wool Thread and bonding those into Wool Cloth. On my server I can spend about 35-40k on Gigas Socks, usually do pretty well and make 3 stacks of Wool Thread and hopefully have a handful of socks left, and craft them into the Wool, which sell for around 55-60k a stack. It's only a little bit of profit, but it can help when you do it constantly. It can be pretty decent when you've got 2-3 stacks of wool on the AH each night.

In a few more levels, or possibly even now, you could also try buying the AH, Guild, and Bazaars out of Silk Thread and Crawler Cocoons whever they're cheap. Make as many as you can into Silk Cloth, and sell them on the AH in stacks. On my server (after the heavy silk inflation nearly every server experienced), Silk Thread is 1000-1400g on the AH, Crawler Cocoons are 400-600g each, and Silk Cloth is 65-70k a stack.

All these are very minimal in terms of pure profit, as would be the case at level 52. Funding your craft leveling with that craft can be very challenging, and I'm lucky to have teletaxiing as my source of income to fund my Clothcraft.

And if you haven't picked up your glasses yet, do it now!
        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
        Currently Playing:
        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

wow, thx so much for your replies, they both helped. I especially found the desynth part very interesting in both posts.

desynthing antican robes to cotton cloths is very interesting and i also found out that i can desynth tonberry coats into linen threads and cloths which are even better ^^

Hopefully i can HQ them both for good profit. I'll wait to desynth for wool thread till im at least lv 60 and have my glasses

any more help would be appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X