Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing for profit question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fishing for profit question

    Ok, I'm level 11 fishing with full gear and was wondering at what point should I stop fishing for levels and start fishing for moat carp? I want a decent catch rate, but haven't leveled in almost a month now and would like to get my spells and gear so I can go level. I was thinking of maybe stopping at level 20 and then trying to make gil off of moat carp, but wanted another opinion before I do that. Thanks for any help!
    Joyouse = O
    Enhancing Sword = O
    Goldsmithing = 52.7 +1
    Smithing = 35
    Fishing = 23.4 + 4
    San d'Oria Rank = 10
    Bastok Rank = 3
    DRK/37 NIN/37 WHM/37 BLM/37
    New Main Job = THF/30
    Solo'd: Shiva, Ramuh, Garuda (all primes), Ose @66, Miser Murphy, Mission 2-3

  • #2
    The higher your fishing skill the best chance you get to reel in a fish that bites your hook. Simple as that. At around lvl 50 you can get 2-3 stacks of Moats per hour.
    Also remember the bait you use can help, for example if you use Little worm at Rabao you are targeting 3 fish (Cray, Moat and Sandfish). If you use Insect paste you only target Moat and Sand.
    PLD 72 - WAR 35 - NIN 13 -THF 15
    BLM 42 - WHM 32 - RDM 25
    RNG, BRD, SAM 07
    MNK 12 - DRG and SMN 01

    Sandorian Rank 10
    Zm13 complete

    Cooking 71 ~ Fishing 80 ~ Woodwork 55 ~ Alchemy 55

    'Big' items so far: Steppe Belt, Dark Staff, Earth Staff, Gluttony Sword, Espandon +1 and Cassie Earring.
    Obtained Lu'shang rod 07/19/2004
    /happy Tawu dance. ^-^

    Comment


    • #3
      fear two of my favorite links:







      if u know of them then good job .

      the higher your fishing lvl, the more you catch.

      I'm @ 52 and i can catch a lot more moats then someone who is 10 fishing, just depends on how serious you are about getting gil =)
      [Restarted 8/2008] | [MySpace!]
      .,~`'<{:My Old Char's Stats Here:}>'`~,.

      Comment

      Working...
      X