Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvesting Rocks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Harvesting Rocks

    I was curious if anyone had any good recipes to follow to grow different rocks, such as red, blue, green, etc. rocks.

    I have seen different recipes, but no hits as to what days or moon phase to plant to get best results for these rocks. Any help will be appreciated!!

  • #2
    I've tried growing rocks before, with limited success. Here's a few basics:

    You can get rocks from the "basic" seeds(grain, veggie, herb, fruit). Fruit seeds seem to be the most reliable, but they are also the slowest. Grain can yield red, veggie yellow, and herb green. Fruit seeds can yield any color rock.

    I managed to get this recipe to work with about 40% success in brass, earthen, and ceramic pots:

    herb seeds, plant/harvest on iceday, no crystal.

    That gave me, on average, 2 rocks out of every 5 plantings. I got flowers or rock salt from the rest.

    Eriwilde's bilingual site has a lot of information that can help with growing rocks.

    Personally, I think there are better things to grow(though I'm not saying what, heh). Also, you have to compete with miners in Gusgen if you're going to sell the rocks to the public. It's generally not a good idea to grow rocks en masse unless you have a lot of goldsmithing skill(60+) so you can process your own gems. A little peridot goes a long way.

    Comment

    Working...
    X