Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Mining Questions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newbie Mining Questions

    Good Morning Everybody.

    I read some of the posts here and it has raises a few questions for me so get ready for Mining n00b #1.

    1) When mining you use pickaxes. Are there any alternative devices to pickaxes to use in mining or any pickaxes that are better for mining certain ores?

    2) The Mining equipment adds levels to your mining skills. Does this increase drop rate of ore? Rare ores? or reduce probability of breaking pickaxes?

    3) Does 0 mining skill mean you will never ever find a rare drop in a high quality mining area (specifically Ifrits Cauldron). In cooking for example you can't create Yagudo Drinks at level 0 as it will always fail being a high level craft.

    4) I hear Ifrits cauldren is the best place. I am a lvl 50 WHM I am more than happy to go direct to Ifrits and mine there. Is this possible at level 0 Mining? Will I ever find anything even remotely usefull mining in Ifrits with 0 mining skill + equipment?

    5) Is Gusgen mines better mining place then Palborough? Can Gusgen be done with 0 mining skill? Can Palborough be done with 0 minig skill?

    6) Does anybody have a leveling guide for mining? (break even or profit I don't really care, I am only raising skill to mine in Ifrits).

    Thanks for your help.
    - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
    Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
    My Profile On Lodestone

  • #2
    1. Just pickaxes, nothing else.

    2. Decreases breakages, increases chances of better ores.

    3. There is no mining skill. Its random, just the equipment helps improve the odds.

    4. Ifrits is a big bad place, even the entry mobs agro to a level 75 you have to be extremely careful recasting and take powders and potions incase sneak/invis drops near a monster that agros to magic. ( of which there are lots )

    5. Palborough gives platinum ore, Gusgen gives gold. Gusgen is imo better because while plat is more valuable you usually come away with better loot from gusgen.

    6. Level your smithing and goldsmithing to maximise your mining profits.
    55% Skill
    35% Equipment
    10% Race

    White Mage - 75 - Completed
    Ninja - 75 - Completed
    Summoner - 75 - Completed
    My Livejournal

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks very much.

      I have nabbed the Blacksmith Sticky from this page but can't find a Goldsmithing one. And pointers?
      - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
      Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
      My Profile On Lodestone

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh and one more thing.

        I wandered around Jeuno + Bastok + Windurst for Mining Equipment last night but couldn't find any. I saw the Fielders Tunic (Body Mining Equipemt) in the AH but there was never anything in stock.

        Can somebody please tell me if an NPC somewhere sells the mining equipment at all?

        I also don't know what the mining equipment is. I have only found the Tunic, are there hand / head / waist etc etc etc items to buy as well?

        Cheers.
        - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
        Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
        My Profile On Lodestone

        Comment

        Working...
        X