Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing Help *New*

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fishing Help *New*

    I haven't started fishing yet, but I plan to tonight. I have enough money to buy all the fishing gear and a Mithran Rod. Will that good equipment screw with my skilling up? What bait should I use to catch Moat Carps? Insect Paste?

  • #2
    Skip the mithran rod, just buy a composite rod instead. You can use that a looong time. When you get higher skill you can experiment with glass fishing rods too for smaller fish.

    Good gear will only help skillup, I didn't fish moat carp from the start but those I've seen who did start on those using insect paste seemed to do well.
    Most of my friends started fishing moat carp using little worms though and they kept using little worms quite a while since it's cheaper than the insect paste.

    And a final advice would be that if you intend to fish a lot of moat carp you should raise your cooking skill so you can make your own insect paste.
    Shina - Rank 6 Mithra of Windurst on Ragnarok, ZM done, CoP done
    BRD75, BST65, RNG60, BLM49, WHM40, NIN35, SMN26, WAR18, RDM15, BLU15, PLD13, MNK11, DNC10
    100 Fisher, 84 Woodworker, 70 Goldsmith, 60 Alchemist, 58 Culinarian, 38 Blacksmith, 23 Weaver, 17 Bonecrafter, 8 Tanner

    Comment


    • #3
      i fish but i cant catch any thing good
      and where can i find a craft
      that will but my stuff
      i have lot of stuff that craft would i know
      Attached Files
      |///////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|
      Dragoon lvl 55
      thf lvl 13
      whm lvl 3
      war lvl 30
      monk lvl 6
      http://tracking.ige.com/a/1671/b/1/e/38

      Comment


      • #4
        Best Way to fish

        The best way I have found to fish was with a macro

        I know some people will scream but to hell with them, my hands hurt sooooo much.

        I still sit at my computer while I fish but at least I dont have to hit the keys all day long and can also watch TV

        I got this great little macro program from



        simple to use too.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re:

          Once again: Uhmmmm.....Right
          Linkshells: TMV, HelplessRain
          -çôƒƒee all gone i go boom.
          Apoc - Bard (Gone again)
          Pocster- Re-activated.
          (Fish 67. Cooking 87. Bone 65. Alchemy 80.)

          Backness-

          Comment


          • #6
            Go away you farking newb. Go ruin some other game.
            Kuno's super cool stats!
            Server - Bahamut | Nationality - San d'Orian | Rank - 9 | Jobs - 75 BLM/74 SMN

            Crafts-
            Fishing 100+ - Woodworking 80 - Cooking 35
            Lushang's: Ok!

            Comment


            • #7
              Here's what I do
              I buy small worms
              then a few fastwater fishing rods off auctions, they go for 600 on ifrit in Sandy
              I fish, a good few hours, (So plan this accordingly with your day/night) After bringing in say, 3 stacks of moat carp, sell the moat carp for 4k per stack, then sell your broken fastwater rods for 500gil, then synth the crayfish with wind crystals, and sell your tri-colored carp or gold carp to NPC vendors
              OR hang on to your gold carp until you get 12, a stack of those sell for more than a stack of moat carp! (not sure how much more)
              This way ups your fishing skill, cooking skill, and brings you in loads of gil!
              Good Luck!

              Comment

              Working...
              X