Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice Crystals

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Yeah I didnt lose too much the first time. I think I am gonna try doing Antidotes instead, those might be useful in the least to my friend when I can't cast Poisona on them. I am all about helping my friend when I can't be there to help them, not making bundles of gil.
    Creon Arcais - Rank 6 San d'Orian
    Black Mage-70 White Mage-41
    Red Mage-6 Monk-10
    Thief-47 Warrior-30
    Dark Knight-11 Summoner-26
    Ranger - 22 Dragoon - 15
    Samurai - 11 Bard - 10
    Ninja - 31 Paladin - 46

    Dynamis LS - (Can I have it?)

    Comment


    • #17
      This is what I used to get Alchemy started:

      (0-1) Antidote potion - Low cost, but hard to sell. Only made 1 stack sold individually over a period of 3 weeks. Caps at 3.

      (1-6) Beeswax and Animal Glue - Only made these with farmed items, sometimes buying rabbit hides for glue. The glue sells well and I kept my beeswax for down the road (but they sell even better than the glue). Beeswax caps at 5 and glue at 7.

      (6-11.5) Poison Dust - Yellow Globes are easy to catch and I also had a lot of giant stingers left over from bee farming. Skilling off of Yellow Globes will take you to 12. Made a few wax swords as well but wish I hadn't.

      (11.5-13+) Mercury - This is where it starts getting costly. I had 2 stacks of jellyfish saved up but that only made 6 mercury. Ended up buying 5 more stacks of jellyfish @ 2500. Word to the wise, if you can, buy jellyfish from the fishing guild. It will cost you less than 1500 a stack. These will almost always be sold out in Windurst but remember there is a little used fishing guild in Selbina. Can take this to 16.

      (13-15+) Poison potion - These sell very well but I only made as much as my mercury and poison dust took me from before, about 3 stacks. Can take these to 18.

      (15-19+) Echo drops - relatively inexpensive especially with the 10+ stacks of honey I've hoarded from farming bees. These sell pretty well, especially in Windurst with all those taru mages. Can take these to 20.

      (19-21+) Silent Oil - If you can farm one of these ingredients, this is profitable. I always farm bees and make my own beeswax. Unfortunately, it takes at least 72 beehive chips to make enough beeswax for one stack of silent oil. Best place to sell them is bazaaring in Jeuno.

      I plan to continue skilling off of silent oil and then move onto Blinding Potion and Sairu-ran (I need it for ninja anyway) then Blind Bolt Heads (these sell pretty well in Sandoria) and Artificial Lens.

      One word of caution. Do not try to skillup off of any recipe that requires Nebimonite. These are much too valuable to lose. It's better to wait until you've reached the cap before synthing with these. Also, if the recipe ingredients contain any valuable items or you are more than 3 under the cap, make sure you have advanced support on. And don't forget about the skill caps at the decade marks. I once made 2 extra stacks of maple sugar (woodworking) because I thought I had already turned in the test item to the guildmaster.
      Rank: 5

      Job Levels: Thf 47, Nin 24, Mnk 22, Rng 20, War 16, Pld 12, Rdm 11, Blm 8, Whm 8, Sam 3, Drk 2, Bst 1, Brd 1.

      Crafting: Cooking 53, Woodworking 50, Alchemy 50, Fishing 33, Goldsmith 23, Blacksmith 18, Weaving 7, Leatherworking 4, Boneworking 4.

      NM: Stray Mary 1/3
      Valkurm Emporer 1/3
      Tom Tit Tat 0/1
      Vuu Puqu the Beguiler 1/1

      Allakhazam Profile

      Comment


      • #18
        Think I will break even with Antidotes? How much are the items, Wijnruit cost? I can get the Grapes for cheap in San d'Oria since my Fame is mediocre and distilled water for like 150-200 gil a stack. Wijnruit at AH is EXPENSIVE! so I think i will take a trip to Bastok when I get me my new equipment and get my new Warrior friend outfitted. i just wanna know if Antidotes will level my skill decently and wont lose me too much gil.
        Creon Arcais - Rank 6 San d'Orian
        Black Mage-70 White Mage-41
        Red Mage-6 Monk-10
        Thief-47 Warrior-30
        Dark Knight-11 Summoner-26
        Ranger - 22 Dragoon - 15
        Samurai - 11 Bard - 10
        Ninja - 31 Paladin - 46

        Dynamis LS - (Can I have it?)

        Comment


        • #19
          Your sig is really original, Tsukasa! Did you come up with that all by yourself?

          Yeah, that's sarcasm, in case you were wondering.


          Khaelyn's Picture Book! :: Khaelyn, himself

          Read Intrepid Adventure! Updates on Sundays. No gnomes, guaranteed!

          Comment


          • #20
            I didn't think it was original at all. I saw it on an old western. So calm down if ya want credit for it you can have it, just say so. XD don't get bent outta shape.
            Creon Arcais - Rank 6 San d'Orian
            Black Mage-70 White Mage-41
            Red Mage-6 Monk-10
            Thief-47 Warrior-30
            Dark Knight-11 Summoner-26
            Ranger - 22 Dragoon - 15
            Samurai - 11 Bard - 10
            Ninja - 31 Paladin - 46

            Dynamis LS - (Can I have it?)

            Comment


            • #21
              /cry

              Never post on two hours of sleep. You'll always do something stupid.


              Khaelyn's Picture Book! :: Khaelyn, himself

              Read Intrepid Adventure! Updates on Sundays. No gnomes, guaranteed!

              Comment


              • #22
                /comfort
                There there its ok. We all do it sometime.
                Creon Arcais - Rank 6 San d'Orian
                Black Mage-70 White Mage-41
                Red Mage-6 Monk-10
                Thief-47 Warrior-30
                Dark Knight-11 Summoner-26
                Ranger - 22 Dragoon - 15
                Samurai - 11 Bard - 10
                Ninja - 31 Paladin - 46

                Dynamis LS - (Can I have it?)

                Comment

                Working...
                X