Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodworkers Please Read!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Woodworkers Please Read!

    Hi, I'm currently a 62 woodworker on Garuda. After checking everything out on recipe list's I have come to find that there is almost nothing that can make good profits.

    After being low level i expected to make some decent money of off elemental staves. Looken at the AH, after charging a GS 100k to make the bead, the profit seems to be very little, (50-100k) and sometimes even being nothing.

    I have crafted small things such as shishei's but that would only net me approx 5000 profit, maybe a little more on a new/full moon.

    My question to Woodworkers is, what makes decent amounts of cash for you at high level?? To me decent is minimum 50k an hour, but since I hear at Hi lvl Goldsmithing you make millions, I would think woodworking would have possibilties of making couple 100k a day or so.

    If you have an awnser and would not like to tell everyone, please send me a private message.
    Please help me out woodworkers of the world ^^
    Thanks
    NIN 75
    WAR 37
    Rwar.
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?8449

  • #2
    Stop dreaming, would ya?....

    I'm 72 Woodworking here, and I hardly make 10K per day. The only real profit is comming from shihei HQ, and arrow HQ....

    Comment


    • #3
      "profit seems to be very little, (50-100k)"

      You're kidding right.... Very little money to you is 50 to 100k ?
      Everything in FFXI takes time, you make enough of thos with 50l profit each.. it add's up pretty fast.

      Which FF Character Are You?

      Comment


      • #4
        as usual, real profit from things comes from HQ versions.


        On my server amemet mantles sell for LESS than skins, this is to fuck over anyone trying to creep into the market and let the few who can afford to lose money on normal ones make a killing off the HQ.
        55% Skill
        35% Equipment
        10% Race

        White Mage - 75 - Completed
        Ninja - 75 - Completed
        Summoner - 75 - Completed
        My Livejournal

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gryff
          as usual, real profit from things comes from HQ versions.


          On my server amemet mantles sell for LESS than skins, this is to fuck over anyone trying to creep into the market and let the few who can afford to lose money on normal ones make a killing off the HQ.
          I see this in cooking too. I actually lost money when i was leveling my craft making apple pies. What i'm not certain of, is it the high level cookers selling for under cost to keep out competition(AP+1 goes for 15k a stack), or is it people who are just leveling the craft and not caring about profit that is undercutting?

          Milkmandan, using perfect punctuation in /l since 2004.
          Tiamat O
          Jormungand O
          Vrtra O
          DLord O
          JoL O
          AV X

          Comment


          • #6
            double post bleh.

            Milkmandan, using perfect punctuation in /l since 2004.
            Tiamat O
            Jormungand O
            Vrtra O
            DLord O
            JoL O
            AV X

            Comment


            • #7
              its both, those making HQ consistently don't mind the small loss on regular and those skilling up are usually willing to absorb the cost.
              55% Skill
              35% Equipment
              10% Race

              White Mage - 75 - Completed
              Ninja - 75 - Completed
              Summoner - 75 - Completed
              My Livejournal

              Comment


              • #8
                Right now im at level 53 woodworking. I'm not extremely concerned with profit right now since my goal was to make scorpion arrows for myself...but i would like to think, if I take it a little further, I could profit. Some arrows can net a profit...but if i dont make over 10k an hour then its no better than farming/mining/fishing. The only way I can see to make a little money is HQ instruments or wands, though I've never made any. The only problem is the expense to make them and the fact that the normal ones barely pay for themselves if they even do that.

                I really dont like the fact that the more expensive beds require both goldsmithing and weaving. I wont ever be able to make those..

                I can't really answer the question of this post because I dont make big profits either. Sorry. I'm just adding my thoughts here.

                So much woodworking requires other skills being high... *sigh*
                -SerraWiz
                http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?3085

                Comment


                • #9
                  What are you talking about ? Your not a 60 woodworker? I talked to u yesterday and u were askin g for help on how to make wood arrows. Please dont waste people time with n00by forum questions, that even if somone answered you wouldnt understand. LAFF your blm is only lvl 20 and you think that you are levling woodworking to make your blm sum arrows.


                  BTW for ur last question for how to make wood arrows go to recipe link you nub.

                  Anyways people on Server Garudao should /blist Darkwind (his chars name ) so not to be bugged by him:mad:

                  Has anyone else had the unpleasur of talking to this retard ?
                  m00t m00t i luv to l00t

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "Has anyone else had the unpleasur of talking to this retard ?"

                    Sadly, I have.

                    This dude was also asking me how to craft wood arrows ...
                    WEeeeeeee...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      oh for crying out loud Setheron, go away. The more you post, the more moronic you become.

                      Thanks Yyg!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        pwn3d lmao

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          -_-
                          - Void -
                          Currently seeking members on Garuda. Admin spots available.

                          Requirements: You need at least one job 40 or above, and at the very least rank 3.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Some arrows can net a profit...but if i dont make over 10k an hour then its no better than farming/mining/fishing.
                            I really have to disagree with that fact. Only at lvl 27 in fishing, im making over 13k an hour on bad fishing days, and over 10k in about 15-20 minuits when its actully good!

                            I have lvled woodworking a bitmyself, and im only doing so to make arrows for my ranger, and to be able to fix my lu shangs when i get it :sweat:

                            For money making, i may start goldsmithing!
                            *Jobs* Blm: 31, Whm: 30, Rng: 25
                            Crafts: Cooking 53, Woodworking: 28 Fishing: 38, Smithing 36, Alchemy: working on it :D goal is 100

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X