Hey there,
This post is somewhat open, in that I'd love to hear other ideas as well, but basically I wanted to introduce a craft skill idea of my own.
I was thinking that it'd be nice to have a Scribe craft skill. They would be able to write spells and songs varying in quality as their level increases. I realize that many of the better scrolls currently have to be hunted off monsters and that this could in turn screw up the balance of the economy, although I feel it'd work itself out with not too much difficulty. You could kill the monsters that drop the scrolls or, if your skill is high enough, you could synthesize them.
It'd start simple with spells like Cure and Dia and such and would move it's way up to bigger and better forms. I'm not too sure how high quality synths would work- perhaps two scroll from one combo, rather than just one...
It'd be a very valuable craft, much like goldcraft, but it'd also cost a fair bit to do; thus making it not something you can master in a couple days- like cooking.
What do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas regarding craft skills yourself? I'm all ears.
This post is somewhat open, in that I'd love to hear other ideas as well, but basically I wanted to introduce a craft skill idea of my own.
I was thinking that it'd be nice to have a Scribe craft skill. They would be able to write spells and songs varying in quality as their level increases. I realize that many of the better scrolls currently have to be hunted off monsters and that this could in turn screw up the balance of the economy, although I feel it'd work itself out with not too much difficulty. You could kill the monsters that drop the scrolls or, if your skill is high enough, you could synthesize them.
It'd start simple with spells like Cure and Dia and such and would move it's way up to bigger and better forms. I'm not too sure how high quality synths would work- perhaps two scroll from one combo, rather than just one...
It'd be a very valuable craft, much like goldcraft, but it'd also cost a fair bit to do; thus making it not something you can master in a couple days- like cooking.
What do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas regarding craft skills yourself? I'm all ears.



Comment