Any good places to farm for silks?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Silks
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Depending on level, Sarutabaruta (Crawler), Tahrongi (Canyon Crawler), Maze of Shakhrami (Carnivorous Crawler)...
but probably the best place to farm for silk, if you are high enough level, would be Crawlers Nest (in Rolanberry Fields). I haven't been there yet, though.Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae
-
No. He's only level 31. He would get butchered in the Crawlers Nest. Even still, its not a very good place to hunt for silks.Originally posted by Karinya
Depending on level, Sarutabaruta (Crawler), Tahrongi (Canyon Crawler), Maze of Shakhrami (Carnivorous Crawler)...
but probably the best place to farm for silk, if you are high enough level, would be Crawlers Nest (in Rolanberry Fields). I haven't been there yet, though.
For his given level, I would hunt for Carnivorous Crawlers but not in Shakhrami. Too much stuff would aggro him. The best place is Buburimi Pennisula at K-10 by the Lighthouse. This place has only Crawlers (tons of them) & birds.Character: Faluzure
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Jobs: BLM75/RDM75/SMN75/WHM75
Rank: 10 (Windurst) - Zilart & Promathia Completed
Linkshell:
Black Mage Profile
Red Mage Profile
Summoner Profile
Comment
-
Hmmm i don't understand a thing.
Do you think that high level crawlers drop more silks than low levels one ?
From what i have seen in crawler nest i'm pretty sure they don't drop more silks than the one in Sarutaba.
So i just go farm silk in Sarutaba cause it's far more faster to slash them in 2 hit than hunting a higher level crawler that will take more time to kill.
Choup75 BRD, 73 BST, 63 NIN, 58 THF, 50 BLM, 38 WHM, 37 WAR
Comment
-
Yeah, you might as well fight them in Sarutabaruta or Tahrongi (you can get air elementals there too). Best to use rng or rng sub for widescan.
And Negorath, please help getting the price of silk stacks in Windurst ah back up to 12k. It suddenly dropped down to 10k this past weekend. Some fools don't know basic economics.
Cometgreen
Comment
-
Thanks for the help, it's appreciated.
Yeah, it's the result of people trying to sell their wares lower so they will sell faster wihout knowing the least bit of tactics about marketing, not only will you get less for you wares, everyone else will also get less for their wares.It suddenly dropped down to 10k this past weekend."We grab swords to protect small wounds that had been buried deep in old memories."
- Old saying
Comment
-
I think that the level of the crawler really doesn't affect drop rate of silk threads. Processionaires in boyahda (lvl 72-75 crawlers) dropped silk threads at aout 3-4 per hour when I went there with exp PT. It's all really the same IMO. However, the crawler NMs for the rolanberry quest in crawlers nest drop at a fairly decent rate. I would get 1 or 2 stacks in an hour. Plus you make money off the rolanberries
If you have a lvl 60 melee job, you can solo the rolanberry quest crawlers.
Comment
-
Artificially raised prices do not help the economy.Some fools don't know basic economics.
If we talk about supply and demand, if there is oversupply (lots of n00bs hunting crawlers) and underdemand (not enough high level crafters) then the price of silks are going to go down.
Also, if less money is generated from low level sales, then when people get higher level they do not have cash for items. Therefore, the demand for higher level items drops, because of this people will drop the price of higher level items. It may be that some items will stop being hunted so much, this may drive prices backup due to under supply.
That is one theorum of economics, I think the people who are working the AH obviously understand basic economics. I certainly have no problems with the AH and know how to price my goods. I know the NPC sales value and I know the value that I want to sell them at. I will price them lower if there are lots for sale to free up my inv space. If the price drops uncomfortably I look at the AH market to see what is in demand and change to that.
That my friend is economics.
As for crawler silks, the two Sartas are usually pretty good, but the effort to get silks for selling purposes is not very good, there are far more profitable items out there.*************************
Mee Mee Mee Mee
Laa Laa Laa Laa
THF 30 ; MNK 15 ; BRD 27 ; RDM 15 ; WHM 18 ; RNG 14 ; WAR 10
Cloth : 35
Comment
-
yep
Yeah, on Fairy, in Windurst, its 600 each for silk, about 9k for a stack. though a friend I know hasnt sold his stack at 8,900 for days.
It makes no sense to buy 12 at 9k, when in singles you can buy 12 for 7.2k
Of course the Windurst AH is going to sell em for less, since its so close to a great supply.
But, there also seems to be more clothescrafters at windurst, so fsater turn around too.
I know when I get high enough, I'll take the xtra time to just buy in singles or get em myself.
Raising the price, especially where there is a close supply of mob for farming, is asking for the buyers to just not buy and get it themselves.If you're Failing to Plan,
You're Planning to Fail.
Comment
-
yep
Yeah, on Fairy, in Windurst, its 600 each for silk, about 9k for a stack. though a friend I know hasnt sold his stack at 8,900 for days.
It makes no sense to buy 12 at 9k, when in singles you can buy 12 for 7.2k
Of course the Windurst AH is going to sell em for less, since its so close to a great supply.
But, there also seems to be more clothescrafters at windurst, so fsater turn around too.
I know when I get high enough, I'll take the xtra time to just buy in singles or get em myself.
Raising the price, especially where there is a close supply of mob for farming, is asking for the buyers to just not buy and get it themselves.If you're Failing to Plan,
You're Planning to Fail.
Comment



Comment