Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clothcrafting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clothcrafting

    Is this craft profitable?

    I have a friend who makes 50-60k a day from this craft, but he's the only one i talk to who says so. Most other people never mention clothcrafting when i ask them what a profitable craft is.

    Thanks all =)

  • #2
    I think it can be, even at low skill, you just have to do some work. I use gardening to make wind crystals (the recipie also makes kukuru beans which pay for the seed/crystal used) and take the wind crystals to giddeus. Hunt the yags for the bead necklaces, use a wind crystal on each necklace and you get 3 grass threads. So for every 4 necklaces/crystals you get a stack for thread, ~1100gil. That's an opening recipe too, so you pretty much don't fail. You can also take the 3 threads and use an earth crystal and get a grass cloth, which is about 3x the stack price on thread so there is no real gain to that part, other than keeping used inv space down. I'm looking to get my skill up and come back, because HQ synths of the necklace can make 6 threads, doubling your money making speed
    Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
    Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

    Comment


    • #3
      HQ synths are random or is it random only on the day that is corresponding to your crystal type.

      Ie.. if im crafting with wind crystals, HQ items may or may not appear. But the chance is only on windsday?

      Comment


      • #4
        hmmmm

        Well, my understanding was the +1 items were a HQ of some items, and HQ versions of other items were Different items.

        If someone could confirm that it would be nice to know for sure.

        If thats the case, it's about skill level and yes, the day and Synth support and all the things the Raise your skill that little Xtra bit.

        So someone with really high level clothing should be getting 6 grass thread much more often than a low level clothescrafter, regardless of when they are making it.
        If you're Failing to Plan,

        You're Planning to Fail.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you are willing to stay in Windy for the first few levels then yes. You can farm everything you need and sell stacks of grass cloth for 3k. While farming the yagado you can go after some Crawlers for stacks of silk thread which goes for 8k a stack and steal some sarutu cotton which is used for later levels. I just wish i could find a cheap and easy way to get from 5 to 10

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by redhotfanboy
            I just wish i could find a cheap and easy way to get from 5 to 10
            My perdicament as well. I synthed a couple stacks of cotton thread, but the stacks of cotton sell so high I couldn't make myself keep doing it when thread was like 1/4 the price.
            Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
            Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

            Comment


            • #7
              To get from 5-8, synth cotton capes.

              The cheapest way to do it, is hunt bees and Yags for wind crystals, crawlers and rarabs for earth, then goblin fishers for lightening. Then hunt Yags for Beads to turn into grass thread/cloth.

              Make capes which are 1 earth and 1 thread and 1 cloth. Then use lightening to break them back into grass thread and rinse repeat, both processes will give you cloth skill.

              Once you have got to 8 then do the same for Hachimachis, they will take you to 15.

              You will not make any profit as such but you will keep the costs low.

              Do not bother with cotton unless you want to spend gil, as it is tough to hunt down.

              Giddeous is the best place to do this and take some sickles that way you can find some harvest points to try and pick up some flax flowers for linen.

              It takes a long time to level cloth this way but it is the cheapest. It is best if you are around level 5-10 as you can do this while you level. I usually take a sub out to farm crystals.

              Once you get to 15 you can make profit, but only off one or two items, I keep receiving PMs about this, but I am sorry I spent a little time to work this one out and I still make money off it. It is not tough to figure out ^^

              As you get higher in levels I find it easier to hunt creatures that drop the armour you want so you can break it down into materials, much cheaper for making stacks. Although you need THF for the TH sub.
              *************************
              Mee Mee Mee Mee
              Laa Laa Laa Laa
              THF 30 ; MNK 15 ; BRD 27 ; RDM 15 ; WHM 18 ; RNG 14 ; WAR 10
              Cloth : 35

              Comment


              • #8
                I actually took my stack of cotton that i bought cheap off someone who needed to get rid of it for space reasons and made some major gil

                Vagabond Hoses go for 1.4k in Sandy and you can make 6 easily with a stack of cotton cloth. Only failed once.

                earth + 1 grass thread + 1 grass cloth + 2 cotton cloth = money!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lvl 20 clothcraft here, making 8k on one type of craft, and an easy 4k on an other (but I need a little luck on that one)

                  The 4k craft is one item, 500 gil for materials, the 6k takes time to gather..

                  So yes, you can make profit, just know whats on demand

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What NPC gives you Clotchcraft Imagery Support? I can't find himin Windhurst ;_;

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You'll notice 2 buildings for weavers guild located across from each other. One is the guild shop the other is where you join the guild and buy image support

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Also note, I was doing Yagudo Fletchings as early as level 12 clotchcraft with image support. It's probably possible to get skill gains earlier than that. feathers are like ~200 a stack, so grab some wind crystals, get support, and give it a whirl! I leveled from 11 to 21 today just on those! I think they go up to 22 as far as skill gains..


                        After putzing around with saruta cotton and sitabaki and crap for a long time, its nice to see some easy gain... I get the feeling its gonna get a lot harder from here though hahaha

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Interesting tho
                          Hachimakis are a lvl 11 item, and yet i made a Hackmaki +1 today... an easy 2.5k

                          ive been spamming Hachimaki and im level 10, and will prolly give Yagudo Fletchings a whirl.

                          Anways, to all thsoe who say camping yagudo beads is profit, not really.

                          A wind crystal costs around 116 at 1400 a stack... i rounded the cost of a single crystal...

                          nywayz... yagudo beads sell for 200 gil a piece. So for around 316 gil you get three threads. Multiply that by 4 and you get 1264 gil for a stack. A normal stack sells for 1k, so if you sold the yagudo beads alone youd make more money. It isn't profit, its more... making money from the farmed goods, but actualy reducing the money earned at the expense of skillups =).

                          if you have a lotta cash, go buy the threads, otherwise go farm for 30 minutes to an hour for around 30 yagudo neckalces which is 90 threads. =) more or less 7 stacks and a half.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Zerker7
                            if your level 20 clothcraft there is NO WAY you are making 8K on one item and 4K on another item.
                            I have priced out all the items that are under level 31 to make.
                            Only like 1 makes profit.
                            The field gloves and boots take other skills to make.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have 51 skill in this now, and I can only think of a few items I can make that is worth any money. Almost every item on my server costs sell then it does to make it. Even if I get the items myself and make it piece by piece, I lose money on almost every item :mad: .

                              It seems like when-ever a crafter can make money on a item, who-ever gets the "rarer" item ups the price on it. Like the cloth to make vermillion cloaks? 800k on my server. That cloak needs 3 of those alone, which is 2.4 million. Selling price of Vermillion cloak? 2-2.4 million. How about those wedding dresses? Sounds simple enough, just needs twinthread! Opps... after this patch went live, the price of twinthread went from 20k to 200k+ on every server.

                              It's really expensive where I'm at now (in the 50 skills). I can't really find anything to skill up on that won't kill the bank.

                              Harder for new crafters to raise IMO. Since the game has been out for awhile, a lot of these items have been made thousands of times. So when people are done with them, they sell them back cheap so they can get new items. On my server, there are very very few items that you can make and see any profit.
                              If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for the enemy no not see you. Then yes, Mr. Braveman, I guess I'm a coward

                              "Well I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus doing something incredabily stupid, and... I decided to go ahead anyway."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X