just curious because ive dropped about 70k into it so far and am only lvl 5 ive got recipe lists up to potion (thats all they give you up to in the official guidebook) and from what i can tell none of the recipes payoff-- as in give you back more gil then what the ingrediants cost and unfortunalty no site seems to offer locations where the ingrediants can be farmed anyways any help would be great thanks
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
when does it pay off??
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
What are you making?
I assume it is alchemy?
I have not really plowed any money into clothcraft as I have hunted most of my ingredients or find profitable trinkets to boost the money.
I have had to spend time farming though. Also get decent recipe lists from www.killingifrit.com or gamefaqs, no way it should have cost you 70K to get to level 5.*************************
Mee Mee Mee Mee
Laa Laa Laa Laa
THF 30 ; MNK 15 ; BRD 27 ; RDM 15 ; WHM 18 ; RNG 14 ; WAR 10
Cloth : 35
-
Alchemy and Goldsmith cost a lot.... Alchemy use shop items mainly, Goldsmith use fire crystal....
Anyway, after the official guide lvl, you can make holy weapon and such for Alchemy...
Basically what get you the money is HQ item... normal item doesn't earn you much... It's best if say you have a lvl 60 character that can hunt ingredient yourself, then synthesis is a money-gaining game... otherwise it's more fun than money... (I'm doing alchemist for fun, finally Recruit)
Comment
-
At lvl 5 go with Toxin. You'll need to either buy or fish for Yellow Globes. 2x Yellow Globes + 1 Thunder Crystal = Toxin. If you fish for your own Yellow Globes you'll probably make a decent amount of gil. I don't remember at what skill lvl you can start pulling up Yellow Globes though.
Comment
-
Goldsmithing initially is very cheap & easy... Get 4 copper ores, and turn it into an ingot.
Then use wind on 1x ingot and you get a haipin.
Then use 1x lightning on the hairpin and your back to ingot (40% success at 4-5 craft skill)
Rinse and repeat as needed no material costs only wind & lightning and then 4 coppers & a fire if you fail a synth.
Im not positive but this should be able to get you to atleast 6 maybe up to 10.
DesmarNM Record:
Leaping lizzy 0/3
Spook 1/3
Crypt Ghost 1/3
Juu Duzu The Whirlwind 2/2
Vuu Puqu The Beguiler 2/2
Stinging Sophie 0/3
Tumbling Truffle 0/1
Jaggedy Eared Jack 0/1
Thousandarms Deshglesh 2/2
Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1
Orcish Barricader 0/1
Hundredscar Hajwaj 1/1
Doppelganger Dio 1/1
Doppelganger Gog 1/1
Bomb King 1/1
Ash Dragon - Got a screenshot before I died if that counts ^^
Comment
-
I wouldn't start on toxins until level 7 or so (unless you want to lose all your fish). I did tsusaras up to level 7 and then did toxins, but I did this about 2 months ago and have heard from friends that tsusaras arent raising their skills anymore >.<. Fishin Yellow Globes is good in Qufim around level 14 with sabiki rig (can pull up 3 of them at a time). I did this and made about 12 stacks of poison dusts (which I will convert to poison potions after fishing up Jellyfish) and got alchemy up to 14 (almost my second level cap =D)Originally posted by Joras
At lvl 5 go with Toxin. You'll need to either buy or fish for Yellow Globes. 2x Yellow Globes + 1 Thunder Crystal = Toxin. If you fish for your own Yellow Globes you'll probably make a decent amount of gil. I don't remember at what skill lvl you can start pulling up Yellow Globes though.
Comment
-
i started by making tsuaras and that got my skill to about 3 but then stopped raising it, so now im tryin to make beeswax which increases my skill somewhat but it takes a while to farm the ingrediants-- basically my only prob is that at such low lvl it sucks because if you dont farm the ingrediants yourself you gonna lose lots of gil and it takes a long time to farm the items if you are not a thf above lvl 15... sigh.... oh well-- maybe i shouldnt really start guilding till i get into the higher lvls like 50 or soDRK 33, WAR 31, THF 9, MNK 12, BLM 9
FISHING 11, ALCHEMY 8
Comment
-
It really depends on what you're making.
Beeswax is needed for a quest in San d'Oria, and a lot of people just buy it instead of farming the materials and making it themselves. Since ya don't really need any skill to make them. I'd slaughter bees, make the beeswax and then sell it for 1,000g. Considering I could knock out 5 or 6 of them and sell 'em, and all I had to do was buy distilled water, didn't really cost me anything out of pocket.
When I first started out, and was doing weaving I made money. Not much, but profit's profit! Make my own grass thread, then make my own grass cloth. Can make Lv11 gaiters, gloves, head gear, and usually a cape with only needing to buy cotton. I synth'd those items until my Weaving leve was high enough to make a full set of armour. All you need is a Lv5 or 6 in Weaving to make a full set. All of which can be sold to make money, and make it all for yourself so you save money.Odude
PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4
Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1
Comment
-
all crafts are really only profitable at higher lvls, gold starts becoming profitable around 40, which takes about 1.4 mil gil to raise to. the rest don't start becoming profitable untila bout 60-70
crafting is a long term commitment, not something you can pick up and start making gil the next day, unless you're already insanely rich.
Comment
-
you can also fish for yellow globes at mhuara. i'm able to get a good amount of them at only lvl 5 fishing.
and fishing can be somewhat profitable, since you can buy a reusable lure (i.e., sabiki) and you can fish and sell stacks at the AH, on Phoenix in windurst, a stack of bastore sardines and quus go for 500 and you can catch them early on. and yellow globes go for a little over 2k, from one stack i can get the cash i invested in my rod back ^^Vermillion Cloak O ^^
Maat Mashed
Windurst Rank 10
Comment
-
I made animal glue and beewaxes for the 1st few lvls, then I made tsurara to lv 6 or so... and made a few deodorizers, which don't sell... til lv8, and then I'm on hold currently as I can't seem to get sobbing fungus (shakuridake) from gardening, to make silencing potions for silence weapons...
animal glue's ingredients: rabbit hide, kill the BUNNIES. bone chip, send a few skel to death? or I just buy from bonesmith guild. distilled water, buy from restaurant...
beewax: beat the hell out of the bees or hornets, and you will get a lot of beehive chips, since AH's beehive chips cost like 3k for 1D(on my server), I usually just hunt bee for it.
make toxin/ poison powder when you are like lvl8 or so
Also try and match the day of your synthesis
Comment
-
wouldn't seeling beeswax be more profitable than stacks of beehive chips?
i can sell a stack of chips @ 3K (3.6K in jeuno...but then you get the 500 fine) while a stack of waxes sells for 12K
beeswax = fire crystal + distilled water + 3 beehive chips
sure, it takes longer, and there is the chance of failed synth...but it still works out IMOWHM42/BST27/BRD18/MNK11/THF15/NIN10/DRK10/WAR9/DRG8/BLM7/SMN4/RNG4 (am i forgetting anything? :b)
Emporer: 1/3 (got hairpin after 2 min) Torrent: .5/6 ><
/targetnpc /ja "Provoke" <t> (NM heaven...finger HELL)
Comment


Comment