I've seen that boneworking is one of the harder skills because the need of other skills for making a lot of items. Has this been a profitable trade for those boneworkers out there?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Boneworking...is it Worth It?
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
People need to realize that crafting isn't just about profits... Even when you are a high level you spent so much money on crystals and items that you would have been better off or break even selling raw materials... If you don't enjoy a craft, I would not recommend it.
I've gotten cooking to level five with 5k gils and 4 stacks of fire crystals... yes I harvested a lot of the items myself through fishing and killing lizards in crawler's nest but I lost about 18k gil to make something that will probably only sell for 4~6k.
Even when it starts getting profitable with mithkabobs and such (have a friend that is level 34 cook) you've already spent so much to get there it's not going to come nearly to breaking even unless you just stop leveling and make mithkabobs for eternity...
I think I've spent around 60k on fishing/alchemy/cooking and I'm just getting started... but I'm having loads more fun leveling these than I am XPing:sweat:
Comment
-
Yes you enjoy making these special items but it isn't necessarily a monetary enjoyment... JSE doesn't sell for that much more than you craft it for but it is quite an accomplishment to achieve making it.
What I'm trying to say is that if you just want to make money to get some new armor or spell, crafting probably is NOT the thing for you to do. Go mine, harvest crawlers tigers etc., or fish moat carps. Crafting will only get you frustrated when you wait a couple days for your things to sell at less G then it took to craft.
Comment
-
If you choose such things as Boneworking and Blacksmithing, you will most likely be able to produce JSE armor later on which is a good reward, although the materials are hard to find.
Comment
-
I definately am not in it for the money I just want to be able to make nice things for myself and friends. I do think however the effort to make them should better reflect the prices being paid.Rank - 4 RNG-49 WHM-40 NIN-26 RDM-22 SMN-20 THF-15 WAR-10 BLM-5
Comment
-
The point of crafting is to make you go out and hunt the things you need to be able to make a profit instead of just buying them and losing money(gil).
Comment
-
Boneworking actually isn't that expensive. Crystals are the only hard thing to find, but I've recently been heading to Tahrongi and getting wind clusters from elementals (you need a rng sub to do it effectively though). For the first five or six levels, make bone hairpins (bone chip costs about 110 gil at the boneworkers store in windurst), and then sell them back for about the same price. By lvl 6, you can make bone earrings, which sell for about 1k at the ah, in Phoenix anyway. You should be able to work your way up to bone necklaces and then some of the more profitable items. Just try to get your own crystals. Again, most of them use wind, and by lvl 30 or so you can kill Air Elementals in Tahrongi easily enough.
Cometgreen
Comment
-
Boneworking
I've noticed that JSE seems to be more of an accomplishment than for monetary gain. I'm just getting slighty into higher levels and have some gil built up, so I was looking to see what trade to pick up. Just trying to find a hobby.
Comment





Comment