Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cooking pointless?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Sure crafting is "pointless" I saw a guy craft 3 hauberk's over a span of a few days and they sold for 2.5million a pop, there was another crafting icestaff's 3.2 million a pop.

    Only 1 nm will drop something 3+million that is fairly easy is argus in the maze of shak. Truth be told he is bot camped (i reported one guy for it and needless to say i've never seen him in the maze again) anyway he is camped 24/7 by JP botters who will see the pop before any NA has a shot, I've seen argus pop claimed once. While everyone is camping NM's and its getting worse.. A month ago valk emp was camped at max by like 3-6 people at times, now theres 10-20 around the clock and even one day i counted 32 camping him, 10 camping that yag that drops the monster signa in giddeus, 6 camping the few at oztroja at all times.

    Back to the guilds.. Every guild seems profitable when your very high level, i think 90-100 it gets to the max profit so if your willing to stay that long more power to you.
    I'm not trying to replace you thieves, I'm just trying to stay alive

    Comment


    • #17
      And those 3millionG items have materials that're either extremely rare or are NM drops... oh wait, I just repeated myself there.

      If you want to raise crafting to profitable levels but don't want to master it, just raise it to where you can take apart mob drops and return them to synth material (thunder cry usually, occasionally wind). i.e. ~20 in b.smithing to take apart gob equip (you can possibly make a profit by buying the gob items off the AH, but do realize that it's a gamble; I've easily made 60k/hr when I got extremely lucky after a session involving 10D thunder crys, and have also netted losses of 30K or so as well), 35 or so in clothecraft for gigas socks, etc.

      Comment


      • #18
        it can't be that rare considering someone's in the pricehistory at the AH over 6 times within the past few days selling for millions of gil, I know the armors you need rare skins from nm's but i didn't a little research on some other items and the items weren't rare at all, just required very high skill and you to synth on the proper day.
        I'm not trying to replace you thieves, I'm just trying to stay alive

        Comment


        • #19
          Hmm, well, I can make roughly a 5k profit from a stack of mithkabob ingredients, assuming I buy everything off of AH in Jeuno. That can easily jump up to 7k if I buy my Wild Onions and Mhaura Garlic from Windy AH, or even 13k if I farm my Onions and grow my Garlic. Mind you, this is on Seraph so the situation may be different on other servers.

          Of course, right now I'm just doing mithkabobs (without fails) to give me a tiny bit of spending money until I gather up the courage to go past level 39. I hope to at least hit 50, where I can make Apple Pies easily along with getting a good chance of getting HQ synth off of Roast Mushroom (Witchkabob) and Boiled Crab (Steamed Crab).

          Here's a comparison, Boiled Crab stack goes for roughly 7k on Jeuno AH. That's a 6.5k you get back (roughly) thanks to the exhorbitant listing fee. Land Crab Meat stack is 4k, fire crystals are 2.4k, Bay Leaves are... well they're practically free if you garden and Rock Salt... group members give rock salt to me when I ask if they need it. So it's pretty much break even.

          Now, jack up the amount of skill you have, take the same ingredients, and you'll find that a stack of Steamed Crab sells for 18k easily. That's... a little more than break even, plus any normal Boiled Crab you get you can sell for an almost break even price. ...The problem is getting my skill high enough. D:

          Comment


          • #20
            Only 1 nm will drop something 3+million that is fairly easy is argus in the maze of shak. Truth be told he is bot camped (i reported one guy for it and needless to say i've never seen him in the maze again) anyway he is camped 24/7 by JP botters who will see the pop before any NA has a shot, I've seen argus pop claimed once.
            This in that little room with the iron door, off the Bubu entrance to the maze? There's a guy there, who never moves, and there hasn't been a time I haven't seen him there (once dead, and just lying there instead of going to HP).

            If this is where the spawn is, I bet you he's botted.
            Legacy of Cid Forums

            Comment


            • #21
              the trick is to stay one step ahead

              gota keep 1 step ahead of where the majority of cooks are at.

              On cerebrus, when i first hit lvl 40 and making meat mithkabobs, I was making about 7-9K a day on them (2800-3K a stack). But about a week after I start making them, there was a surge of kabob supply, and the prices plunged to 2400 a stack. The profit margin basically disappeared. I figured that's roughly when the majority of the NA cooks got to be about the same lvl. I was forced to move on.

              Now, I'm at 51 in cooking. Now i'm making good money of fish kabobs. 12 stacks cost 42K in material, and if without failed syn (i still get about 1 failure every 12 syn), sells for 60K total. So I make good money on that. They don't sell as fast as meath kabobs, but 12 stacks will go in about 2 days. Not bad money since it takes about 20 minutes to make and I can go lvl while the stuff is making money for me at the AH. But if my guess is correct, soon many NA players will reach the same lvl, and fish kabob profit margins will disappear as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

              But still, either way, cooking isn't a major profit maker. It makes enough money at lvl 50+ (for now) that yes, it's not chump change, but certaintly won't blow you away with huge profits. But it's nice to have something always up on sale at the AH, and making money for you while you are off lvling somewhere.

              Comment


              • #22
                I really hate giving this away, but there aren't many Garuda people on these forums, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. You want to make money cooking? Get your fishing skill up to about 30 and then fish the crap out of Pipira. Then, buy a bunch of Brass Pots and plant herb seeds in them on Fireday. When they're ready for a crystal, give them a Water one on Waterday. When they're ready to harvest, do it on Fireday. Don't check the plants at all. You're more likely to get crystals that way. In about three days your plants will be ready and you'll net 150-200 fire crystals barring any other results. Now, take your hordes of Pipira and your fire crystals and load up on rock salt. If you're cooking is 21 or better start making Roast Pipira:

                1x Pipira + 1x Rock Salt + 1x Fire Crystal

                A stack of Roast Pipira goes for 8k in Jeuno on Garuda server. If you fish your own fish and grow your own crystals, you'll make a huge, huge profit.

                You're welcome. :sweat:

                Comment


                • #23
                  Not going to say how but...

                  I spent 300k of my own money and borrowed about 250k from my cousin to go from 0-69 alchemy in about 2 weeks. Usually me and my cousin can get about 70-80k (each) in materials in about 2-3 hours and now with my alchemy skill I can turn that 70-80k into 100-125k in product which I then sell at the AH. The money is in the crafting and farming (if you're a 15+ thf). You just gotta spend tons of money to get a high enough skill to get a good profit margin from it. (not telling any of my secrets) I used to make all of my money from farming, but I like being able to farm then craft. My stuff moves faster at the AH and I spend less time doing the same thing. ;p

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X