Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions from a minor miner!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some questions from a minor miner!

    Well, I did my first day of mining yesterday. 5 stacks of pickaxes brought me 2 gold ore, 2 darksteel ore, 18 iron ore, and miscellaneous other junk, which brought me a tidy profit. Considering I need to make about 300k gil to buy a piece of level 34 armor (and another 300k later on for a piece of level 40 armor), profit is what I need.

    So, without further ado:

    1) Where can I buy pickaxes from a NPC vendor? I know you can, I've seen them before, but it was months ago, and I can't remember. Fwiw, I figured they'd be at the blacksmith guild, so I showed up bright and early there at 8:00 a.m. gametime. Nada.

    2) Is field gear really worth it? As you see from above, I went through a TON of pickaxes to get what I got. I think it was really backhanded of S-E to make pickaxes break more often, and then introduce a new set of crafted gear that brings you back to where you were originally.

  • #2
    boytz knicknacks - bastok
    tuamila's saundries - sandoria
    ensasa's catalyst shop - windhurst
    for pick axe's they sell for about 206

    and about the gear.
    the only peice i have bought is the workers gloves and they seem to have made a difference to my logging i get more elm logs with them than i used to.
    i never mined before without them but in 2 stacks of pick axes in yughott grotto i got about 10x iron ore ,1x gold ore and lots of the crap stuff.
    so i would say its worth buying the clothes that improves mining.

    Comment


    • #3
      Where were you mining at? Looks like you turned up a nice selection of ores.
      Kurgan @ Ramuh
      NIN75, PLD75, BST75, WHM75
      TrionsDeathCrew linkshell leader
      Ranks: Sandoria(10) Bastok(9) Windurst(8)
      On ZM14, CoP missions completed.
      Leather 92.8+1, Cloth 60, Smithing 45, Alchemy 27

      Comment


      • #4
        I really need to know where you were mining. I just got done mining through 2 and a half stacks of pickaxes, and got nothing but copper, tin, iron (about 6 total), and pebbles. (I was in Ghelspa, Yughott Grotto, the long section)

        Comment


        • #5
          i imagine she was mining in gusgen mines at konchstat highlands.
          some bloke in the darksteel forge in bastok gives a quest where he wants 2 x darkstell ore and suggests you goto gusgen mines where theres suposed to be better ore.

          Comment

          Working...
          X