Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing gear, is it worth it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fishing gear, is it worth it?

    I decided to take up fishing a few days ago and like it a lot..would buying the full fishing skill+1 armor be a good investment in the long run?:sweat:

  • #2
    well you said you like it a lot, so there is no reason to not purchase the equipment...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Fishing gear, is it worth it?

      Originally posted by Thepope
      I decided to take up fishing a few days ago and like it a lot..would buying the full fishing skill+1 armor be a good investment in the long run?:sweat:
      Being an avid fisher myself, buying the equipment will be worth it. Itll make a big difference early on, and probalby could be the difference between catching and not catching something when your going for fish that are difficult to catch.

      Ill be buying some eventually...

      Comment


      • #4
        I started with the gloves, the boots. These were at AH cheap.

        Then I was around 9 skill in fishing and selling moat carp at 4k a stack, so i could snag the tunic at AH for 9 k . Now I LOOK like the japanese fisher people! I'll grab legs next.

        Copyright 2002-2003, Square Enix LTD, etc.

        Fishing 11 Recruit
        Clothcraft 1
        35 different Windurst quests done
        20 different San d'Oria quests done
        7 different Bastok quests done
        2 different Mhaura quests done
        1 Jeuno quest done(gobbiebag, yay!)
        146 hours played, jeepers!

        Comment


        • #5
          I have the boots and gloves for now. I'm wondering if the +1 fishing skill means that if you are level 8, your skill equals level 9 with the piece of equipment...
          Details worth knowing:
          Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
          Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
          Lvl 96 Woodworking
          Lvl 64 Alchemy
          Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
          Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
          Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
          Lvl 30 Cooking

          Comment

          Working...
          X