Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gardening with an eye toward Goldsmithing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gardening with an eye toward Goldsmithing

    So, I've been passing the time with Goldsmithing lately (not much.. still only at a skill of 5 :sweat: ) and have been looking for ways to get the materials that I will need without going to the poor house.

    Mining for zinc or farming it seems to be a lot better than dropping 3-400 on the AH (even though this is my current bottleneck), and it's been pretty easy to get Fire crystals from farming and gardening.

    My question is, are there gardening formulas that will let me grow the colored stones that I will need to skill on the rings and jewels? Maybe I'm naive and young still, but the 2k asking price at the guild seems a bit steep.

    Also, is there a way to assure that I will receive the Fire Crystals upon harvesting my vegetable/water plants? So far I get only 1 plant out of 8 to give the crystals, and the rest end up as cabbages that I've been throwing at an old man in Selbina.
    Aotan - Galka - 32 War, 21 Mnk, 16 Thf; 11 Goldsmith, 18 Fisher, 46 Cooking, 3 Blacksmith
    Mesgarth - Bastok Mine TaruMule

  • #2
    So last night I harvested Fire Crystals from 4 of my 5 plants (72 in all!). I took note of the Examine description of the first plant. Luckily it gave me crystals. I examined each plant repeatedly after that until the description changed to be the same as the first one.

    Does that actually have an effect on the harvest? 4/5 may still just be good fortune on my part. Also, Day of the week looked brown, but I know that isn't an option, so I'd assume it was Black (maybe my house distorted the color for me...).

    Can anyone offer up any experience to add to this?
    Aotan - Galka - 32 War, 21 Mnk, 16 Thf; 11 Goldsmith, 18 Fisher, 46 Cooking, 3 Blacksmith
    Mesgarth - Bastok Mine TaruMule

    Comment


    • #3
      The stones you need are found in a shop in Jeuno and some are in Dangruf Wadi Chests. Those are the only places i know of right now.
      "...because of my horse, I was able to get through my first year of college."

      Comment


      • #4
        Gozer would you mind telling us what you used to grow the fire crystals?? Type of pot, seed, and crystal used please.
        Bc 40 - 28-4
        Bc 60- still have not done one yet ;;
        Behemoth 4/4
        Simurgh 0/5 I hate you bird!!
        Amemet 4/4
        Proconsul XI 0/4
        Genbu 3/3 on Venomous Claw drops!
        Proud wearer of an Opo-opo crown

        Comment


        • #5
          Sure:
          Brass Flowerpot, 1 Veg. Seed and 1 Water Crystal

          Thanks for the tip on the Wadi chests, Oddin
          Aotan - Galka - 32 War, 21 Mnk, 16 Thf; 11 Goldsmith, 18 Fisher, 46 Cooking, 3 Blacksmith
          Mesgarth - Bastok Mine TaruMule

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey-

            I actually did the same recipe but used a ceramic flowerpot... does that alter anything... or is Brass better?

            When I harvested I got Cabbage... how do you know when to harvest to get crystals???

            Comment


            • #7
              It is possible to get 2 black stones from gardening seeds.

              Im trying to replicate the result now.

              Comment


              • #8
                I got a green stone from my first harvest. I believe I used a brass pot and a grain seed. I didn't realize at that time the feed crystal was a option in the menu, I was expecting my Moogle to ask me or something. Anyway, never fed it a crystal and it kept telling me my plant looked bad. Eventually it was ready to harvest and I got the green stone.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Different pots have different recipes, as I understand it. I doubt that any one pot is better than another, just depends on what you want to harvest.

                  Time for me to try the grain seed planting! Needs the stones
                  Aotan - Galka - 32 War, 21 Mnk, 16 Thf; 11 Goldsmith, 18 Fisher, 46 Cooking, 3 Blacksmith
                  Mesgarth - Bastok Mine TaruMule

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Check along the thread list for a topic called GARDENING FORMULAS it has an awesome link posted by Erwilde... really helpful

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X