Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get Sheep leather and misc Lumber in San D'Oria for cheap?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where to get Sheep leather and misc Lumber in San D'Oria for cheap?

    I'm in Bastok now. I'm slowly but surely increasing my level in Blacksmithing. I'm at lvl 4 now.

    The more I look at the recipe list on Gamefaqs, the more I see certain things come up time and again: Sheep Leather and different kinds of lumber. Now I've been told that San D'Oria has both a Carpenter and Tanner guild, so I'm thinking of heading up there soon.

    My questions are:

    1- Can I get Sheep leather for cheap in Sandoria? Can I buy it at the Tanner guild, craft it through synthesis or do I absolutely have to bully countless sheep to get some?

    2- Where near Sandoria can I hack away at trees? Can I also buy lumber at the guild for cheap?

    As you've noticed, I like to use the word "cheap", so please include that word in your answers as much as you can, lol. I never thought I'd be so addicted to crafting and i'ts costing me alot of nice armor I could've bought, lol.

    JR.
    Details worth knowing:
    Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
    Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
    Lvl 96 Woodworking
    Lvl 64 Alchemy
    Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
    Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
    Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
    Lvl 30 Cooking

  • #2
    I have never checked how much the sheap leather costs in the shops so I cant help you there. But it seems to drop fairly often so that shouldnt be too much of a problem. As for the lumber, you can buy it in the carpetry guild for pretty cheap, but I prefer to buy a hatchet for around 500gil and going to the Ghelsba Outpost and getting my own lumber to synth or sell.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ghelsba Outpost. Got it.

      For the leather, when you say in the shops, do you mean in the Tanning guild itself? The same way you can buy ore at the B. Smithing guild?
      Details worth knowing:
      Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
      Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
      Lvl 96 Woodworking
      Lvl 64 Alchemy
      Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
      Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
      Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
      Lvl 30 Cooking

      Comment


      • #4
        If that out post is full just go to the regular one. It is usually empty even though it is really good for logging. I would definetly try and log. Bring a few hatchets or make your own. Just buy the tanner stuff from the guild. It's the same thing. The ghelbsa oupost is often commonly called the orc base in case someone doesn't know what your talking about. If you get an elm log sell it in the AH. I can't remember the going rate but it's a few thousand gil.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by zidane11
          If that out post is full just go to the regular one. It is usually empty even though it is really good for logging. I would definetly try and log. Bring a few hatchets or make your own. Just buy the tanner stuff from the guild. It's the same thing. The ghelbsa oupost is often commonly called the orc base in case someone doesn't know what your talking about. If you get an elm log sell it in the AH. I can't remember the going rate but it's a few thousand gil.
          I've never been to San D'Oria, so I don't really know anything about these location. No bigge, I'll just ask around when I get there.
          Details worth knowing:
          Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
          Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
          Lvl 96 Woodworking
          Lvl 64 Alchemy
          Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
          Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
          Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
          Lvl 30 Cooking

          Comment


          • #6
            That's why I told you it's nick name. Just in case the person didn't know both names.:spin:

            Is your fishing level good? Try using insect paste in the moat going to the residential area. You will easily catch moat carp that you can sell. Post and say how everything went because I am still skeptical about going to another country. I'm afraid I'll get lost.:sweat:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zidane11
              That's why I told you it's nick name. Just in case the person didn't know both names.:spin:

              Is your fishing level good? Try using insect paste in the moat going to the residential area. You will easily catch moat carp that you can sell. Post and say how everything went because I am still skeptical about going to another country. I'm afraid I'll get lost.:sweat:
              Yeah I know. We once met a Taru taru who had come all the way from Windurst. He was looking for Bastok and said this place gave him the creeps, lol. We escorted him to Bastok and now I can say I know someone from Windurst

              I'll definately let you know how it goes. On my next mission, I have to go to both San D'oria and Windurst anyway.

              JR.
              Details worth knowing:
              Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
              Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
              Lvl 96 Woodworking
              Lvl 64 Alchemy
              Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
              Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
              Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
              Lvl 30 Cooking

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh and about the fishing thing. I suck at that for now, lol
                Details worth knowing:
                Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
                Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
                Lvl 96 Woodworking
                Lvl 64 Alchemy
                Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
                Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
                Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
                Lvl 30 Cooking

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just so you will know later you can edit your post if you forgot something.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Actually, one of your posts brings up a question I got. Where can you get insect paste? I haven't heard of it before.
                    seasons don't fear the reaper

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The cheapest place you'll find logs in is the carpenters guild...
                      Jobs:NIN 40, THF 30, WAR26, RDM17, MNK 12, BLM8, WHM 4
                      Bonecrafting 9.1 Fishing - 4

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X