Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tired of being broke....

i'm a lv 81 clothcrafter on Ragnarok with 35 leather sub

i gave up on this craft a while back because it seemed to be an endlesss money pit... after having quit the game and come back to a naked character, i'm trying to find a way to make the money to bring my mighty blm back to life. This will be nothing close to cheap to do... so i was wondering if i could take advantage of my CC skill to make money. I powerleveled it to where it is now and really didnt learn anything about actually using it for a profit. I'm looking for something that will help me make some quick and easy money, but in semi-large to large amounts. (i hate making a 5k profit at a time... i'd like to play my blm again before i DIE) I'm sure theres more than enough for me to make money off of, but i'm just not seeing it right now. Maybe i'm just being too narrow-minded about it

if anyone has suggestions or ideas, even personal moneymaking experiences with CC, i'd be forever grateful if you'd share them with me. perhaps we could even turn this into a guide for making the big bucks off of your craft at any level, which would be a great idea. I see alot of CC 101 and 1-100 guides, but no moneymaking guides. Please help!
    King Behemoth has True Sight, but can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Re: tired of being broke....

Anything a level 81 can make money on, a level 100+3 crafter can do as well or better, so the chances of there being a high profit synth that is being overlooked by the entire server is effectively zero.

Not really much else to say about it, but if you're looking for a get-rich-quick scheme, it doesn't exist.

Icemage

Comment

How to get rich from synthesis ^^ Two threads down.

The title is maybe a bit overstated, but there are tips on finding profitable synths and such that are basically the building blocks of making money through crafting.

I don't know about leather sub, but if you had smithing as a leveled subcraft, you're in the perfect range to HQ Kaginawa, which is pretty high profit and high turnover.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

One relatively slow, but good moneymaker for me at 86.2 cloth is twincoon->thread; an NQ synth pretty much breaks even on pandemonium, leaving the HQs as pure profit (~100k per extra thread). At my level I tend to HQ reasonably frequently on that synth, so I can make a couple hundred k a week, depending on (admittedly slow) thread sales.
        Author of POLUtils (with forums here).

Comment

good idea with the Hojo powders, and my friends have told me that before... i just wanted a way to start making good money with the skills i already have. I'd like to start making a nice profit and gear up my blm before i get serious about crafting again.

i'm gonna definitely look into the twincoon idea but if i remember correctly, they arent very widely available. Perhaps i should look into farming them.

to be honest, i really dont know what to do with this craft. I just want to make a nice profit. If i could craft a few items and make like 100-300k per day i'd be happy. it just doesnt seem to be that way with any craft tho... unless of course you have it at 100+3 and all subs at 60
          King Behemoth has True Sight, but can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Comment

It's hard to say what would be good without doing some research on your server's prices, but I looked into the synth lists, and if your leathercraft sub is fully leveled, you could HQ Noct, Seer's, and Trader's body and pants a lot. I bet one or more of those would be good profit. I dunno about 100-300k a day, but money at least.

Comment

seems like i might HAVE to cap leather cuz i still fail on noct and such constantly at this lv... its embarrassing.

Comment

i think baron's saio is 200k on my server, try making some of those, and if you really want to play your blm before you die, i would buy some gil. lots of people do it, i haven't personally, but there would be no gilseller's if people didnt buy it. i think you can get a couple million for 50 real dollars, and at $10 an hour real life, thats 5hours, how much time would it take you to make 2million in ffxi without getting lucky on a rare drop on a heavily camped NM, prolly a looooong time.
                sigpic

Comment

Not only is buying gil something that makes most players sick, it's also against the game's terms of service and can get you banned. In this forum, linking to or posting the url of any gilselling or RMT site will get you immediately banned, as will offering to buy or sell any in-game items or data.

Suggesting to another player to buy gil is within the bounds of the rules, imo, but still incredibly distasteful and is likely to get you buried in flames.

Comment

Gilbuying makes me sick as well, but the sad truth is, many players buy it, probably some in your own Linkshell. There really needs to be an organization/club/petiton/anything where every ffxi player just says "I will not buy gil". If you really like playing the game, don't ruin it buy supporting people who sell gil. Sometimes i go to korroloka tunnel, because on Bismark, lots of RMT parties go there, so i kill worms, and make their life hell. I truly hate gilsellers. I love ffxi, these gilseller's need to play world of warcraft or something. My suggestion was meant to be somewhat sarcastic, and i'm deeply sorry if it offended anyone, but i really wouldn't expect someone like Meepster, who has invested so much time in honing not one, but 2 crafts, to take my suggestion seriously.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
                      My suggestion was meant to be somewhat sarcastic
                      Ah, well ok. The sarcasm didn't come across very well, as it often doesn't on the internet.

Comment

i agree.... buying gil is gay. And at the same time, so are the prices of EVERYTHING on every sever. Its retarded. And now i'm hearing rumors that the gilsellers are gonna pull another stunt like they did last christmas. ; ;

heres another question tho.... what are the absolute best spiders to hunt for web drops? my best friend is a 75 thf and he just got his thief's knife....so i'm gonna farm with his character. Web is a not so great thing to farm because of the low drop rate, but i was hoping TH3 would make them crap out web like its nothing so i can make stacks of rainbow thread and cloth

input?

Comment

If you find an answer to that question please let me know. I have a clothcrafting friend who's wondering the same thing. I can tell you from experience that the drop rates from Giant Spider, Desert Spider, Sand Spider, Bark Spider and Aht Urghan Attercop suck. I've heard that they have a good drop rate from Spinners in Mamook, but not only is that hearsay but those mobs are level 78-81.

Comment

My friends are farming just any spiders around ToA. They seem to be pretty happy about the drop rate and price dropping of spider's silk.
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

spider webs used to be 50k on my server, since ToA they are 5k, so i would definitely concentrate on those
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X