Stynth Isn't Working! Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stynth Isn't Working! Why?

Okay, this is just my 2nd post today, if it's not too much trouble.
    I've just logged out from the game feeling quite confused about something which happened, or rather it didn't happen, and I'm just wondering if anyone might have any idea what is causing my problem.
    I went into the leather guild in Sandy to craft sheep leather, and all of a sudden, it keeps failing to synth the item, and I have absolutely no idea why.
    My leathercraft is LvL 2, as is the sheep leather, (I think) so I'm not trying to do any desynth. (crafting something which is higher than my craft LvL)
    I have been working on sheep leather on and off for a while and now, and all of a sudden, (when it has always worked before) it just stops working.
    I did manage to craft one piece of sheep leather, but that was it.
    It was my favourite item to craft, since it's the only thing in leathercraft that you use one of each of the items to craft it.
    Can anyone think of any reason why it should fail on me?
    For e.g. - has there been any updates to FFXl where succcessful synths would be random, and you wouldn't get one everytime you synth?
    Other than that..... I used my conquest points to buy an Empress Band, putting the exp icon in the top hand corner of the screen when I used it.
    Would this be the possible cause of why synths keep failing? If not, then what could possibly be causing my problem please?
    P.S. - I asked my LS and no one knew.
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: Stynth Isn't Working! Why?

Probably just a run of bad luck. Being at the level for the synth doesn't guarantee you a steady run of no breaks. I have a mule who does leatherworking, and she encounters breaks from time to time even though she's above the skill level for sheep leather.

Might have been a bad day too. I dunno. Chances are it's just a fluke though, and nothing wrong with your situation in particular.

Comment

bad luck? I failed a level 16 synth seven times in a row with 52cloth. Then proceded to hq/hq2 for the next 10min. There is a random element to it that just can't be gotten around.

Comment

You did not say how many sets of synths you did.
        If you did 24, and break all except for 1 (on an item that is of your skill or lower), either you're very unlucky, or you got the wrong item level synth.

Anyway, most probably it is a streak of bad luck.

Comment

It's just bad luck. I've failed 5 times in a row crafting beeswax before and my alchemy is lvl 61. 56 levels over cap >_>
          My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
          Originally posted by Balfree
          Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
            It's just bad luck. I've failed 5 times in a row crafting beeswax before and my alchemy is lvl 61. 56 levels over cap >_>
            I've had similar troubles with synths way below my level. I have 95 woodworking and made a huge batch of shihei the other day (skill cap 30, 65 levels below my skill). At one point I blew up 4 synths in a row.

It's just bad luck.

Icemage

Comment

You didn't happen to have a friend nearby who was leveling their healing magic skill by casting Cures on you, did you?

Other than something like that, since you aren't way way way below cap, I don't know why "every" synth would fail. But then, it probably depends on just how many attempts you made. If it was just 3, then I could see this being simply bad luck.

As far as using enchanted items, I've seen some weird things happen when I attempt to craft immediately after using one (and by immediately, I mean within a second or two after using it). Specifically, image support belts. I don't remember if it ever caused me to fail a synth. But usually what happens is that I'm told I can't perform that action, and then I have to wait for my next attempt as if I had just performed a synth.
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

How often do you get those rows of synths blowing up on you? I've never experienced anything larger then having 2 in a row unless I'm doing something like 12 levels above me, then they blow up constantly (Do it a lot because like just 1 success often returns 0.5 skill up).

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Oh, my overall failure rate was as expected, maybe a bit higher than 5%. Just a weird string of blown synths right in the middle. Still ended up with enough Shihei to make some 86 x 99 stacks (turned into toolbags, naturally).

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                  X